Bob Saget dead at 65 -- hours after performing live

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but no it isn't. ER docs especially are definitely not experts on any such thing. A forensic pathologist's job is literally to figure out whether or not a head injury could have been fatal or not and to suss out the injury pattern. That's what they're trained to do, what they're certified to do. ER docs are not. Neurosurgeons at least are experts of the brain, but even neurosurgeons do not do this. It's the forensic pathologists who do.

I'll also add that I've posted multiple links in this thread about contrecoup skull fractures and they do say that a single impact in the back of the head can cause fracture on the opposite side of the skull. No one has studied BS's case specifically so I can't provide data for that, but I think at this point, we should probably all realize that there was no baseball bat and no indication of any foul play.

Pretty sure ER docs and neurosurgeons operate on people with these fractures and are well aware of what's survivable and what's not. Neurosurgeons deal with fractures constantly; one can argue they have more experience with fractures than forensic pathologists who do not exclusively focus on the skull and brain. Neurosurgeons are far more experienced in matters of the brain than forensic pathologists.

And I've seen multiple forensic pathologists also say that the situation doesn't make sense-- one in particular is Dr. Cyril Wecht.

Pretty sure ER docs and neurosurgeons operate on people with these fractures and are well aware of what's survivable and what's not. Neurosurgeons deal with fractures constantly; one can argue they have more experience with fractures than forensic pathologists who do not exclusively focus on the skull and brain. Neurosurgeons are far more experienced in matters of the brain than forensic pathologists.

And I've seen multiple forensic pathologists also say that the situation doesn't make sense-- one in particular is Dr. Cyril Wecht.
Dr. Cyril Wecht is very experienced and well qualified to comment on Saget’s injuries. He is past president of American Academy of Forensic Sciences and also the College of Legal Medicine.

Pretty sure ER docs and neurosurgeons operate on people with these fractures and are well aware of what's survivable and what's not.

ER docs don't do any surgeries. They only do bedside procedures such as intubations, ultrasounds, sutures, central lines, things like that. Neurosurgeons do operate, but their job isn't post-mortem examination. Their job is pathophysiology of the brain, which includes injury. But once a person is dead, determining point of impact, mechanism of impact, and how that plays into their death is the job of a forensic pathologist. They're the experts in determining what killed someone.

Neurosurgeons deal with fractures constantly; one can argue they have more experience with fractures than forensic pathologists who do not exclusively focus on the skull and brain.

But that isn't what this is about. A neurosurgeon's job is to heal the brain while it's still alive. Dealing with a post-mortem examination is entirely different. I frankly think it's irresponsible of ER docs and neurosurgeons who haven't seen the entire report/details of this to be speaking out and disagreeing with what the person who actually did the examination has stated. But that said, I haven't seen a report of one of them who didn't allow for the possibility of the autopsy to be accurate, just that it would be unusual.

Wecht is the only forensic pathologist that I've seen say this. Who else?

Yes, it is. This is a shift of gears from last Weds when they were in a rush to tell us the medical examiner's conclusions.

"we felt it only proper that the fans hear those conclusions directly from us" (People artical Bob Saget Died Due to Head Trauma, His Family Confirms 1 Month After He Was Found Dead in Orlando Hotel)

R.st.J

The family’s attempts to get out in front of the story might have actually had the opposite result. It caused more attention and speculation. MOO

A bit odd too that 2 of his friends went to get his car. Why wouldn’t they hire someone on that side for a one way drive and return flight back for the car?

Do you have the source for this? I ran across a very odd piece of an interview with the opening act, Tim Wilkins:

"Bob Saget spent the hour before his final stand-up comedy show talking about his love for his wife, Kelly Rizzo, and kids while sipping tea, comedian Tim Wilkins has revealed."

Was this guy one of the two friends who went to get the car?

R.st.J

The pair last spoke backstage before Saget’s two-hour performance Saturday at Ponte Vedra Concert Hall in Jacksonville, Fla.

He wasn’t partying. We were drinking tea or coffee, that’s the party for two guys in their 50s and 60s,” Wilkins said. “We bonded really fast. We spoke for about an hour and just covered everything — life and comedy. He raved about his wife, Kelly. He was so proud of everything she did, and he told me about a bunch of things that she had been working on.”
(Video: Bob Saget's farewell at one of his final comedy shows)

He spent an hour before the show talking to someone he'd just met about his wife. Why does that feel off? Bleh, I'm just seeing things...

from Video: Bob Saget's farewell at one of his final comedy shows

Interesting twist. To me, that confirms what someone said above about something embarrassing being in there. Not foul play, but injury during some activity that's private/should be private.
Is it embarassing or is it adhering to Bob Saget's request, keep his life private? His wife and family are fulfilling his wishes, which I hope most would be considerate to do for a loved one. It's unfortunate he died younger than I think he had hoped or prepared for, and in a hotel room, and the sordidness continues when it's really quite simple. jmo

Is it embarassing or is it adhering to Bob Saget's request, keep his life private? His wife and family are fulfilling his wishes, which I hope most would be considerate to do for a loved one. It's unfortunate he died younger than I think he had hoped or prepared for, and in a hotel room, and the sordidness continues when it's really quite simple. jmo

Good point.

It explains why his wife would interview with the media so quickly. I think she did 2 or 3. Sounds like she was trying to get ahead of it. I understand the privacy of photos but I expect there to be disclosure regarding the video without releasing it to the public. Otherwise it becomes preferential treatment.

A bit odd too that 2 of his friends went to get his car. Why wouldn’t they hire someone on that side for a one way drive and return flight back for the car?

Pretty sure they picked up the car from LAX. Saget probably left it in long term parking while he was out of town. He didnt strike me as the kind of celeb who rides around in a limo.

If Dr. Cyril Wecht says they should do a second autopsy, they should listen. I've followed some cases that he's consulted on and he's good.

Surely this can be done without violating his privacy, especially if it seems he may have been a victim of a crime.

I didn't think it necessary to post the obvious but it's apparent this is not true.

To be clear, generally:

The Medical Examiner-Coroner is mandated by State Law (Government Code or Statute citation) to investigate all violent, sudden or medically unattended deaths within the county. This means that the Medical Examiner-Coroner’s Office completes a thorough professional medicolegal investigation into all deaths related to suicide, homicide, accident, infectious or communicable disease, or when the decedent had not been treated by a licensed physician within the 20 days preceding his or her death.

The Medical Examiner-Coroner's Office is charged with determining both the manner of death, (homicide, suicide, accident, natural cause), and the actual medical reason or cause of death. The professional investigation completed by the Medical Examiner-Coroner’s Office also includes establishing the identity of the decedent, and when possible, notifying the next of kin in a prompt and compassionate manner.

Frequently Asked Questions - Office of the Medical Examiner-Coroner
Sorry, this is not correct. A link from another state is not valid in this case. Florida has different laws than California.

I've been thinking for a few days that something unseemly may be involved with his head injury and death, but didn't want to say anything for fear of seeming disrespectful of a much loved celebrity. I know he has a very sweet and clean image with Full House and America's Funniest Home Videos, but I have heard he could get very raunchy as a comedian.

Tonight I read the family had filed an injunction to stop the release of the full investigation. I think the family is trying to protect his image and legacy and doesn't want unseemly information tarnishing him. Kudos to IceIce9, who has been saying for awhile that she thinks the family knows what happened but has chosen to not reveal it. This is firmly supported by the family filing a lawsuit to stop the dissemination of the investigation. In the lawsuit, the family cites "legitimate privacy issues". As an attorney, my guess is it will come out in a redacted form.

Bob Saget's family trying to prevent further details about his cause of death being made public | Daily Mail Online

'Plaintiffs will suffer irreparable harm in the form of extreme mental pain, anguish, and emotional distress if Defendants release the Records in response to public records requests or otherwise disseminate the Records for any other reason or purpose,' the lawsuit stated, according to a copy obtained by ABC News.

Hmmm.

Something they want prevented ?

Imo.

I wouldn’t read too much into the language - it’s standard/boilerplate IMO.

The link you posted from FL seemed similar. I'm not understanding the difference between the two.
No worries. These allegations touting what's not standard are becoming laughable. Nevermind dad is an ME licensed in 14 states but since COVID has been called to many other locales pursuant to the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act (PREP), waiving typical licensure.

ETA: Add Florida Statute for the doubters...
Chapter 406 - 2018 Florida Statutes - The Florida Senate

Last edited:
But I also don't entirely get the family's behavior.
It's not like Wholesome TV Dad Actor was his whole image. He was also Edgy Raunchy Comedian.

If he has had some kind of epic bound-to-be-notorious death - like during a kinky sex act or something - then would super-fans or people who knew him really be that shocked?
Maybe they might even find it funny in a dark humour sort of way?
Maybe if there is an afterlife BS finds it funny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member