Identified! UK - Sandbrook Park shopping centre, Manchester, Female, 40-49, found on Rochdale footpath,17 July 2023 - Kerry Newman

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

RobinCAL

Reaction score

The body of a woman has been discovered on a footpath next to a retail park prompting a major investigation.Emergency services were called to Sandbrook Park shopping centre, in Rochdale, shortly after 4.30am on Monday 17 July following reports of a concern for the welfare of a person.

The force confirmed the body of a woman, believed to be in her 40s, had been discovered.

No further details about her identity or the circumstances of her death have been confirmed.

Cops initially responded to reports of concern for the welfare of a person.

According to Greater Manchester Police's public portal, detectives are treating her death as suspicious at this stage.

A mum-of-two who was tragically found dead on a footpath in Rochdale has now been publicly named as Kerry Newman as police arrest a man and woman on suspicion of murder.

Ms Newman, aged 40, was found dead on a path near to New Barn Lane at around 4.30am on Monday (July 17). Police immediately launched an investigation and detectives said they were probing 'suspicious circumstances' as they appealed for information and witnesses.

Greater Manchester Police have now confirmed that a 48-year-old man and a 52-year-old woman have been arrested on suspicion of murder and remain in custody for questioning.

Further enquiries have suggested that Kerry was taken from an address in Freehold to New Barn Lane in Rochdale where she was subsequently found dead. Her cause of death remains unknown.

I've asked a Mod to update the thread title now Kerry has been identified

I've asked a Mod to update the thread title now Kerry has been identified
Yeah, i did it before; i reported the first message cause I don't know any other way

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back