Book released by Defense Atty Nov 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Nurmi have gotten hacked copies of his own conversations with the defendant? In spite of the illegality of the hack itself, could he use the fact that they were publically available as an excuse to negate attorney-client privilege?

It's bizarre and slimy, but this is Nurmi...

I doubt that he used hacked records. He may not have had a need to, even, when I think about it, if, let's say...

For whatever reason the DT and JM listened to at least some of those calls (they did). He's definitely used info from calls with her mother. Maybe the info about trial strategy and defenses etc. came from calls as well, not with her attorneys but with fans who she "brainstormed" with about strategy, or who she *****ed with about Nurmi.

She has no legal right to privacy during those calls, and maybe that's part of a loophole Nurmi is using to bypass getting her consent.

OMG, the delicious irony of it all if true...that taped calls are being used without her consent in order to de-edify HER. LMAO.

ETA...would that were true. would appear not to be so..

She was on the phone a lot while she was in Estrella, but I got the impression that most of that was rallying her supporters and scamming money from them. I suppose it's possible she let lose about her defense strategy but that doesn't seem in character. It seems she always played specific roles to specific people, and was never inclined to reveal much truth about herself.

Its entirely in character for her to play victim with her fans, to draw them in deeper so they will pity her more, love her more, and contribute to her more. Her fans DESPISE Nurmi and are sure she'll win a new trial in part because they think he didn't like her or advocate for her....

BBM I agree. That tape was the only thing the defense experts had to work with?? What would they possibly have testified to without it? I sincerely doubt they were advising Nurmi not to introduce that tape. And to claim Nurmi was getting off on the testimony, oh my, she is something else.
What did Sue think the defense would do with the tape that she found and gave to them?

I doubt that he used hacked records. He may not have had a need to, even, when I think about it, if, let's say...

For whatever reason the DT and JM listened to at least some of those calls (they did). He's definitely used info from calls with her mother. Maybe the info about trial strategy and defenses etc. came from calls as well, not with her attorneys but with fans who she "brainstormed" with about strategy, or who she *****ed with about Nurmi.

She has no legal right to privacy during those calls, and maybe that's part of a loophole Nurmi is using to bypass getting her consent.

OMG, the delicious irony of it all if true...that taped calls are being used without her consent in order to de-edify HER. LMAO.
He could get some information from her public calls but in his book he seems to be divulging information specific to their interactions (she came onto me, she described her privates, I saw the 3x5's she was practicing TA's handwriting on etc.)

If she tried to rally her supporters with all the sordid details of their interaction in order gain their sympathy and support because of her shoddy defense, then I guess it's checkmate Nurmi! HA!

That would be true irony Hope. She was so adamant about Travis insisting on the taping, when we all knew it was her secretly taping him. For a tape to be used against her without her consent would make my day.

In that 12 page letter firing Nurmi, she states he is condescending, rude, and doesn't care about her or her future. What do you think she would say about him now after she reads the book?:happydance:

She talks a lot about her future in that 12 page letter. She took TA's future away and all she can talk about in that letter is her rights and her future. This is the most evil selfish creature I have ever read about.

He could get some information from her public calls but in his book he seems to be divulging information specific to their interactions (she came onto me, she described her privates, I saw the 3x5's she was practicing TA's handwriting on etc.)

If she tried to rally her supporters with all the sordid details of their interaction in order gain their sympathy and support because of her shoddy defense, then I guess it's checkmate Nurmi! HA!

I can't imagine why she'd feel compelled to describe her privates to Nurmi, since they were out there for all to see! LMAO!

Privileged? Well, I guess we all got that "privilege".

I can't imagine why she'd feel compelled to describe her privates to Nurmi, since they were out there for all to see! LMAO!

Privileged? Well, I guess we all got that "privilege".
Well, she was just giving him an update.

Its entirely in character for her to play victim with her fans, to draw them in deeper so they will pity her more, love her more, and contribute to her more. Her fans DESPISE Nurmi and are sure she'll win a new trial in part because they think he didn't like her or advocate for her....

If her fans read that 12 page letter, I'm sure they despise him. She tried to manipulate the judge into firing Nurmi, by not having anything to do with him for 5 months then claiming he refused to include her in his strategy sessions with the team. Saying what attorney would stay on a case if his client refused to talk to him, a lawyer who wanted to stay on the gravy train.

Hello to all, it has been a while!!!

I still have to catch up (haven't started this thread yet) but just read where Nurmi has written a book about the sadistic convict he represented :confused: :mad:

A few thoughts/opinions about this new development:
1) he released this "book" now (hence in three parts) to beat Juan to the punch, :sick::maddening:
2) IMO He would have had to have let his license to practice go in order to divulge any "factual information" on the convict (right??), so I expect the info to be "opinion" based, :thinking:
3) I absolutely will not put money in his pocket but I am curious :blushing:,
4) While I do not like him, nor do I believe he had to go to the extraordinarily disgusting lengths he went to during the trial in order to adequately defend "it", I do believe he wanted to get free of her and disliked her intensely, and
5) Because his was a forced knowledge and experience of the real evil of this convict, he probably had no choice but to defend her like he did for fear of the convict destroying his professional an/or personal life with her lies and manipulations

Ok, now I am off to catch up on the news :hanging:

It does indeed appear that JA's big mouth has landed her in trouble with attorney/client privilege: in BK's latest blog, she notes that Nurmi writes in his book that JA waived that privilege when she complained to Troy Hayden that her defense team did not call witnesses that supposedly saw the bruises on her arm (caused by TA) when she knew the reasons why they were not called.

Yup, she likes to talk so much, she's talked herself into another hot spot! LOL

I just read an ABA article explaining the difference between attorney- client privilege (relates only to legal representation) and the ethical duty of attorneys to maintain client confidentiality.

The latter applies to everything client -related, and includes information about the client received by an attorney FROM WHATEVER SOURCE.

Using Securus call info without her consent would be a big no-no.

It does indeed appear that JA's big mouth has landed her in trouble with attorney/client privilege: in BK's latest blog, she notes that Nurmi writes in his book that JA waived that privilege when she complained to Troy Hayden that her defense team did not call witnesses that supposedly saw the bruises on her arm (caused by TA) when she knew the reasons why they were not called.

Hi ya Lewcch, thanks for the info. So, what you are saying is when she (repeatedly) complained about her attorney this action voided the attorney/client privilege? OMG how deliciously rich :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I absolutely love this...can you imagine the absolute rage she flew into when she found out (or maybe finds out) that her attorney is going to put her on front street for the whole world to see :great::clap::cheer::cheer:

So there's a good chance that she doesn't even know about Nurmi's book yet because she will have to wait for a phone call, visit or letter to catch up on the news. :happydance:

One of the most likely possibilities yet.

And maybe there's a connection between whatever investigation into whomever and the fact his report on the killer's infractions hasn't been released yet, though promised back in April?

Or, maybe because he let TH interview post Murder 1 verdict. Is that even allowed? To have inmates interviewed by local stations while incarcerated?

I see no master plan in play by anyone, whatever is going on. Her appellate attorneys are either needlessly antagonizing the entire COA, insulting Superior Court judges, and going after JM personally, half cocked, for no reason grounded in law or reason, OR they are breathtakingly incompetent, OR they have a strategy that only be speculated about, not least because no obvious legal or rational purpose for their poking leaps to mind when considering their little fountain of motions.

And then there is Nurmi, who is writing a book trashing his ex-client, a fairly major faux paux in the eyes of his peers and a further sullying of his reputation in the eyes of most trial watchers, both fans and "haters." What is he trying to achieve?

If AZL is correct and Nurmi sought and received her permission, why would she give it? She is not one to appreciate being "de-edified,' no? And Nurmi says she'll not receive a dime in profits? What is hers to gain in this?

It is all very odd.

BBM ~ JA wants anything outside her four walls that sparks attention towards her. Maybe she gave him permission because he will talk about her childhood and pre-murder? Maybe we are assuming he will simply talk trash about her?

"Blabbermouth defendants waive (give up) the confidentiality of lawyer-client communications when they disclose those statements to someone else (other than a spouse, because a separate privilege exists for spousal communications; most states also recognize a priest-penitent privilege). Defendants have no reasonable expectation of privacy in conversations they reveal to others."

I think Jodi's big mouth has sunk her ship again,

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/your-lawyers-duty-keep-things-confidential.html

BBM ~ Yes, she probably told mom or other family members that still communicate with her what to tell Nurmi.

BK 's take- the legal community Arizona is quote unquote astounded that Nurmi has published a book, and that Martinez is being allowed to publish his book, both while appeals are ongoing. She seems to suggest that this timing is linked to possible bar investigations of both.

She does say that N writes in the book the killer waived privilege when she discussed with Troy Hayden the fact that N didn't call witnesses who could testify to bruises on her arm , even though N says she knew why they couldn't be called.

(There is an exception to AC privilege if the Atty is responding to defend himself against accusations made by his client.

I'm not an atty, but seems like a bit of a stretch, and doesn't absolve him of his ethical obligations under AZ rules of conduct).

BK says that she assumes that all of the confidential information included in the book was waived by such public comments, but that his book will likely be under scrutiny as will JM's.

Of interest.....she says she read one page of N's introduction, where he says that the killer became incredibly irritated when she was called Ms. Arias, which is why he calls her that throughout the book. WTH or LOL?

So there's a good chance that she doesn't even know about Nurmi's book yet because she will have to wait for a phone call, visit or letter to catch up on the news. :happydance:

Gossip travels fast in prisons, I wouldn't put it past a guard to tell her just to gloat, or perhaps to ingratiate himself with her. But she will find out faster than you think. This is AZ remember

Or, maybe because he let TH interview post Murder 1 verdict. Is that even allowed? To have inmates interviewed by local stations while incarcerated?
He didn't let her do that interview. The defense team was heard arguing in the courthouse after the verdict and before the interview. They knew it was a terrible idea, but what Jodi wants, Jodi gets.

I just read an ABA article explaining the difference between attorney- client privilege (relates only to legal representation) and the ethical duty of attorneys to maintain client confidentiality.

The latter applies to everything client -related, and includes information about the client received by an attorney FROM WHATEVER SOURCE.

Using Securus call info without her consent would be a big no-no.
Yet there it is.

From whatever source, or from him alone, her once-attorney has turned colors on her, big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV