Bosma Murder Trial 02.01.16 - Day 1, Opening Statements

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly I would do that if I knew there was no way in hell my client had a chance of being well defended.... ;)

Or perhaps because as a defence lawyer, they are not allowed to lie to the court.

Phew, I made it, all caught up. Thanks to everyone posting tweets. One good thing came from the Arias trial, we are all used to trial by tweet.

Wow, they have more evidence than I thought, which is good. Sounds like CN is more involved than I thought as well. I'm happy to see noth accused GFs are talking and spilling the beans.

I like this judge. Looks like he's a no nonsense guy and he intends to keep the pace moving along.

(Just as clarification, that DM quote from National Post is from last year.)

Curious - if I suggested my client plead guilty because conviction was obvious to me, can he tell me to plead not-guilty? I am guessing so, since he is paying me to act on his behalf? (Not sure why I wrote all of that in the voice of the lawyer...)

BBM - does it even matter? They are both guilty.. OMG how did I even think MS was possibly not as involved as DM... Shame on me.

Well I am still hearing a lot of DM this and DM that. It was DM's phone. DM called. DM's toolkit, DM's hangar, DM's incinerator. Keys in DM's car.

MS was just DM's right hand man, and could claim that because DM set everything up and used all of his own resources, that MS wasn't expecting a murder and the rest of it. I.e., MS was more an accessory after the fact, helping to dispose of the evidence, rather than a participant in the plan to murder. MS could claim it just got dropped on him and he wasn't expecting DM to kill.

Well I am still hearing a lot of DM this and DM that. It was DM's phone. DM called. DM's toolkit, DM's hangar, DM's incinerator. Keys in DM's car.

MS was just DM's right hand man, and could claim that because DM set everything up and used all of his own resources, that MS wasn't expecting a murder and the rest of it. I.e., MS was more an accessory after the fact, helping to dispose of the evidence, rather than a participant in the plan to murder. MS could claim it just got dropped on him and he wasn't expecting DM to kill.

The thing that gets me, though, is they are both accused in Laura Babcock's case as well. If MS somehow just fell into that one, you'd think he'd have distanced himself right afterwards.

It's crazy to think if they had not done what they did to Tim, no one would have looked into the cases of Laura Babcock and Wayne Millard. On the flip side, if police had investigated those better at the time, Tim would probably be here today. Tragic all around.

Was MS girlfriend ever charged?

I'm not sure what reason they would have to charge her. So far it seems as though she wasn't involved and when she did become privy to information she went to the police. Now CN on the other hand...

The thing that gets me, though, is they are both accused in Laura Babcock's case as well. If MS somehow just fell into that one, you'd think he'd have distanced himself right afterwards.

It's crazy to think if they had not done what they did to Tim, no one would have looked into the cases of Laura Babcock and Wayne Millard. On the flip side, if police had investigated those better at the time, Tim would probably be here today. Tragic all around.

To me it really suggests that after WM and LB, they thought they were invincible and got sloppy. (Or DM thought HE was invincible and convinced MS of it.)

I cannot understand why DM did not destroy the video from the hangar. Did it show MS helping load the body into the incinerator and igniting it ? Did DM want to prove that SM was involved, or maybe keep it as a way to control SM ?

After hearing the evidence, I don't think DM's plan is to throw MS under the bus, because I just don't think that's possible.

I think his plan is to simply take everybody down with him. If his buddies won't save him, won't change their testimony for him, he is just going to take everyone down and through the media circus with him.

IMO.

Can anyone tell me how it works with the two defence legal teams? Will lawyers for both MS and DM both have a chance to cross examine and make closing statements? It seems that there is question about where fingers will point so I would imagine that they aren't working collaboratively......I'm trying to get my head around this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413