Bosma Murder Trial 02.01.16 - Day 1, Opening Statements

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1 2016 12:35 PM
The Crown also says a DVR was found inside Noudga's bedroom. It was from the airplane hangar, Fraser says, and shows Millard and Smich in the hangar around 1:30 a.m. on May 7, 2013 -- when the Crown says Bosma's body was burned.
TwitterFacebookLinkedInPermalink
Adam Carter

WTH? 1:30am? They left Tim's house at approximately 9:20/9:30pm. So what did they do for four hours? I wonder, did they shoot Tim soon after leaving his house or did they hold him hostage and torment him before shooting him?

So this is the guy, DM, who DP claimed was intelligent and philosophical?! :slap:

It's fantastic to learn MS's gf and the employee came forward to assist in the investigation. All MOO.

Curious - if I suggested my client plead guilty because conviction was obvious to me, can he tell me to plead not-guilty? I am guessing so, since he is paying me to act on his behalf? (Not sure why I wrote all of that in the voice of the lawyer...)

Yes. They can't outright lie. But they can poke holes in any testimony and evidence. The job of the defense is to represent and assure that their client is given a fair trial. In every case defendant(s) are innocent until proven guilty by the crown. Whether or not a defense attorney truly believes their client is guilty and represents them falls under their own ethics.

I don't have the references but I remember it being reported that it was believed TB was killed not long after leaving his house and it happened close to home. I don't remember how that came to be understood.

I cannot understand why DM did not destroy the video from the hangar. Did it show MS helping load the body into the incinerator and igniting it ? Did DM want to prove that SM was involved, or maybe keep it as a way to control SM ?

After going back through the tweets, it seems like it's mentioned that DM instructed CN to burn the letters (which she didn't) but no mention is made of destroying the DVR. So either he couldn't think of a practical way to have his girlfriend destroy a VCR-sized boxed with metal components and circuitry, or he did want to keep it for blackmail. I guess we also don't know when, in the timeline between TB's murder and DM's arrest, it may have occurred to him to pull the DVR.

I have a security DVR at work--if I had to 'destroy' it I'm not sure how I would go about it. They are, intentionally, pretty beefy components; again, like a heavy VCR. It would have to be a 'bury it in the woods' scenario, like the gun. If the one in question is like mine, it's writing footage to harddrives. There is (again, intentionally) no easy erase method; you have to know how to access the DVR's interface, know the password, etc. Maybe DM didn't immediately know those things.

I think it was said TBs phone was shut off soon after they left for the test drive and he may have been killed that quickly if I remember right.

After going back through the tweets, it seems like it's mentioned that DM instructed CN to burn the letters (which she didn't) but no mention is made of destroying the DVR. So either he couldn't think of a practical way to have his girlfriend destroy a VCR-sized boxed with metal components and circuitry, or he did want to keep it for blackmail. I guess we also don't know when, in the timeline between TB's murder and DM's arrest, it may have occurred to him to pull the DVR.

(I have a security DVR at work--if I had to 'destroy' it I'm not sure how I would go about it. They are, intentionally, pretty beefy components; again, like a heavy VCR. It would have to be a 'bury it in the woods' scenario, like the gun.)

Thanks for clarifying about the DVR, I was thinking they just had an optical disk from the DVR or something.

Is this the first time we've heard that MS had a girlfriend? I'm don't think I've heard that before. I'm guessing we don't know her name. Also, who is the roommate?

I think it was said TBs phone was shut off soon after they left for the test drive and he may have been killed that quickly if I remember right.

I think you're probably right. This is what immediately came to mind for me as well.

Well I am still hearing a lot of DM this and DM that. It was DM's phone. DM called. DM's toolkit, DM's hangar, DM's incinerator. Keys in DM's car.

MS was just DM's right hand man, and could claim that because DM set everything up and used all of his own resources, that MS wasn't expecting a murder and the rest of it. I.e., MS was more an accessory after the fact, helping to dispose of the evidence, rather than a participant in the plan to murder. MS could claim it just got dropped on him and he wasn't expecting DM to kill.

MS can say whatever he wants and it isn't going to help one iota. Vice versa for DM. They showed up at TB's door, got into TB's truck, video shows them at the hangar together. They acted together. Hope they both suffer a long time in prison for their evilness. JMHO.

Is this the first time we've heard that MS had a girlfriend? I'm don't think I've heard that before. I'm guessing we don't know her name. Also, who is the roommate?

I can't recall of hearing that MS had a girlfriend before. I don't think we know either the girlfriend or the roommates names at this point.

I could be wrong.
IMO

ETA:

From Cansleuther

She was first mentioned in MSM in January 2015, when MS was charged with breaching a court order not to have contact with her. Her name has never been mentioned in MSM.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/52...es-new-charge/

As for who actually killed TB, I always thought it was MS because he was sitting behind TB. I guess it could have been DM if they pulled over or something. This is all so hard to hear and think about. I'm torn between wanting to know everything and not wanting to know!

Thanks for clarifying about the DVR, I was thinking they just had an optical disk from the DVR or something.

I'm going by this tweet:

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 2m2 minutes ago
Fraser says before his arrest, #Millard took a DVR from the MillardAir hangar and gave it to his girlfriend...

If it's like mine, the easiest/fastest/safest thing would be to unplug the DVR's power/maybe network, unscrew the video cables from the back (likely coax cables, one cable run per camera), and walk away with the whole box.

...I pass by that airport hanger frequently to and from work, I think sometime soon I'll stop and place a flower on the fence line, rest in peace Mr Bosma, rest in peace

I find the below fascinating! Jacques Gallant from The Star seems to have more details in his tweets than some others. If the window was shot out at the time Tim was killed...any video that involves the truck (going through Brantford, at the airport, potentially any security video from the businesses at the end of Tim's road) would give us a good indicator of when he was killed. I would think video would show clearly if the window was blown out or not.

Now...the fascinating part for me....it states that the passenger side window was blown out and blood was found on the cup holder, glove box AND REAR passenger door and arm rest. I had assumed that, had he been killed in the truck, the shot would have come from the person in the rear seat. For blood to hit the rear passenger door, I feel the shot had to have come from the driver position. MOO

Oh...and the statement that significant amounts of gunshot residue were found in the truck, especially in the front seat.

Jacques Gallant
@JacquesGallant1h
Millard's fingerprints found on interior and exterior of truck, Crown says, and #Bosma keys were found inside Millard's truck.
Jacques Gallant
@JacquesGallant1h
Front seat window was shattered and a spent 380 gun cartridge found inside the truck, Crown says. #Bosma
Jacques Gallant
@JacquesGallant1h
Tim Bosma's blood found on rear passenger door, rear passenger arm rest, glove box and cup hold, Crown says. Also on the undercarriage
Jacques Gallant
@JacquesGallant1h
Significant amounts of gunshot residue found in truck, especially in front seat, Crown says #Bosma
Jacques Gallant
@JacquesGallant1h
Crown says truck was found on May 12, 2013 at Dellen Millard's mother's home in Kleinburg. It was stripped of car seats and carpet.

Nicole Martin ‏@nmartinCHCH 19 Min.Vor 19 Minuten
Two men behind me in court say quote "we are here with demons" and quote "the devil is in the building" as Millard and Smich enter @CHCHNews

No kidding. From what has been released on only the first day, we are about to witness another high profile trial, about 2 evil SOB's who have destroyed many lives for no reason at all.

Thank-you to all posters who are holding down the re-tweet and update fort.

WG

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 5m5 minutes ago
Court back. Strangely #DellenMillard is standing as the crowd files in smiling at everyone. I can hear friends #TimBosma not happy @CTVNews

Ugh

I find the below fascinating! Jacques Gallant from The Star seems to have more details in his tweets than some others. If the window was shot out at the time Tim was killed...any video that involves the truck (going through Brantford, at the airport, potentially any security video from the businesses at the end of Tim's road) would give us a good indicator of when he was killed. I would think video would show clearly if the window was blown out or not.

Now...the fascinating part for me....it states that the passenger side window was blown out and blood was found on the cup holder, glove box AND REAR passenger door and arm rest. I had assumed that, had he been killed in the truck, the shot would have come from the person in the rear seat. For blood to hit the rear passenger door, I feel the shot had to have come from the driver position. MOO

Jacques Gallant
@JacquesGallant1h
Millard's fingerprints found on interior and exterior of truck, Crown says, and #Bosma keys were found inside Millard's truck.
Jacques Gallant
@JacquesGallant1h
Front seat window was shattered and a spent 380 gun cartridge found inside the truck, Crown says. #Bosma
Jacques Gallant
@JacquesGallant1h
Tim Bosma's blood found on rear passenger door, rear passenger arm rest, glove box and cup hold, Crown says. Also on the undercarriage
Jacques Gallant
@JacquesGallant1h
Significant amounts of gunshot residue found in truck, especially in front seat, Crown says #Bosma
Jacques Gallant
@JacquesGallant1h
Crown says truck was found on May 12, 2013 at Dellen Millard's mother's home in Kleinburg. It was stripped of car seats and carpet.

Why was Tim's blood on the UNDERCARRIAGE of the truck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413