Bosma Murder Trial 02.10.16 - Day 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the lefties.....with which hand do you open your vehicle door? Because I'm right handed I can't imagine using my left to open a door...we know (I forget how, but am taking for granted this is common knowledge now) that DM is left-handed.....just curious about how other lefties would open a door. TIA

I don't think it matters if you are right or left handed, what matters is the way the door swings. Opening with right hand would be awkward, forcing you to walk back from the door while pulling it open. If it has a lift handle you could use either hand to unlatched the door but still best to swing a driver's side door with your left hand. If it is the type of door handle with a thumb latch you are pretty much forced to use your left hand unless you have a super muscular pinky finger.
For a passenger side door it is all opposite and you would use your right hand.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 10:34 AM
She was tasked with going with the trailer from Metro Transport to an OPP facility.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 10:34 AM
When she got there, there were Hamilton detectives as well as Halton and Waterloo police.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 10:35 AM
"The vehicle was going to be transported to Tillsonburg for forensic examination," she says.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 10:36 AM
She had two different warrants: one to search the trailer itself, and another to search the truck inside.

I wonder why Hamilton and Waterloo police were waiting at a facility to see a sealed/padlocked trailer?
Maybe they wanted to confirm it's arrival, anyone have any suggestions?

No mention yet of any of MS fingerprints found on the truck. I wonder if they found some and if so why not introduce this evidence at the same time?

I'm not sure why it matters which hand he used, only that his print was lifted off the door handle. JMO

I think it's more like 'look how careless they were with this trailer [and this box that held the secret for everything in the universe], they could be careless with all other evidence too'
Not my opinion, but if I try really hard I can sort of see where Pillay is going. But also not at the same time lol

Well they got it all the way from Kleinburg to Hamilton without a problem. DM got it all the way from Waterloo to Kleinburg without a problem or a lock. Perhaps there was some shifting that caused the problem going up the hill in Ancaster and the latch was flipped up. How could LE have predicted this? :waitasec:

MOO

I think it's more like 'look how careless they were with this trailer [and this box that held the secret for everything in the universe], they could be careless with all other evidence too'
Not my opinion, but if I try really hard I can sort of see where Pillay is going. But also not at the same time lol

Except in this case, it would just appear to me as a juror that they could have had MORE evidence against the accused. :D

MOO

I'm thinking DM and CN parked the trailer and realized that there was only one lock on the back gate of the trailer but none for the side door. They decided to park the trailer up against the garage since there wasn't a lock on the back and moved the lock to the side. Maybe they went in and asked mom if she had an extra padlock first? JMO

So LE used a padlock of their own? I didn't hear that in their testimonies. Did I miss it? I think the main issue is that the doors few open on an allegedly locked/sealed trailer while in the possession of LE. JMO

Yes, right hand for passenger side, due to door swing and not needing to hold a key. I tend to drop the key if it's in my left hand.

I'm thinking DM and CN parked the trailer and realized that there was only one lock on the back gate of the trailer but none for the side door. They decided to park the trailer up against the garage since there wasn't a lock on the back and moved the lock to the side. Maybe they went in and asked mom if she had an extra padlock first? JMO

OR if reports of MB not being home are true, used his key (yes....I know that I'm assuming he had a key or knew where the spare was) and tried to find one? A witness testified the front door was open, so if we believe him one of these two scenarios are entirely plausible.

Wasn't may 12 a Sunday? No rush hour on a Sunday. The towed it to stoney creek metro and the next day towed it to tilsonburg during rush hour IMO weird time to choose

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No mention yet of any of MS fingerprints found on the truck. I wonder if they found some and if so why not introduce this evidence at the same time?

No kidding. At this point so far, he's basically just defense table decoration.

Well they got it all the way from Kleinburg to Hamilton without a problem. DM got it all the way from Waterloo to Kleinburg without a problem or a lock. Perhaps there was some shifting that caused the problem going up the hill in Ancaster and the latch was flipped up. How could LE have predicted this? :waitasec:

MOO

Yes whoever brought it to Kleinburg managed to do so without losing a truck, and it safely made its way to Hamilton. Somewhere between Hamilton and Tillsonburg there is a mysterious loss of security around the trailer. We have no idea whether this loss of security instantly occurred by some random decision by the padlock or whether it was not checked and locked up properly again in Hamilton.

Fortunately, the trailer was under guard from the time police arrived.

Is defence trying to say someone -- MS -- squeezed in between the garage door and the trailer before police arrived, or that someone planted fingerprints? Yeah, ghosts.

Wasn't may 12 a Sunday? No rush hour on a Sunday. The towed it to stoney creek metro and the next day towed it to tilsonburg during rush hour IMO weird time to choose

Yes but as was pointed out yesterday by Ontario Mom I believe, that was Mother's Day. Could account for more traffic than normal.

No kidding. At this point so far, he's basically just defense table decoration.

I think it has been agreed by all parties that he was in truck IIRC. So he must have tumbled into the truck through the window with his hands still in his pocket(s). But I think SB and WD would have noticed that grand entrance. He either wore gloves in my opinion or he wiped his own fingerprints from the truck. JMO

For continuity of evidence, I do not believe anything at all was done to the trailer while it was in Hamilton. Gibson sealed the doors and put a padlock on the back door. They towed it to Hamilton. AND WAITED FOR THE WARRANTS. They would not have unsealed the trailer and gained access UNTIL they had authorization to do so. Once they got the warrants, presumably the Monday the 13th, Officer Laura Troubridge headed to the secure facility in Hamilton and drove behind the tow truck that was taking it to Tillsonburg where they were going to process the truck and trailer (2 different warrants) for evidence. The fact that there was a police presence at the location in Hamilton was likely (MOO) to keep the scene secure and so they could testify that it would have been impossible for an unknown subject to plant evidence/etc.

Fortunately, the trailer was under guard from the time police arrived.

Is defence trying to say someone -- MS -- squeezed in between the garage door and the trailer before police arrived, or that someone planted fingerprints? Yeah, ghosts.

No I dont think defense is trying to say MS squeezed between garage and door. JMO

Yes but as was pointed out yesterday by Ontario Mom I believe, that was Mother's Day. Could account for more traffic than normal.

Doubt it. You've never driven up the ancaster hill at rush hour I assume. It's brutal. All the traffic from TO is coming home at that time. Lots of people live in Ancaster and commute to TO for work. Mother's Day would not be comparable to a Monday at rush hour. I live in the area and rive that stretch of the 403 frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member