Bosma Murder Trial 04.13.16 - Day 34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think MH said they dropped the dog at the grandmother's house while they made the drop, then went back for the dog. Not sure who ended up with it.

He said he didn't mention the toolbox to LE because he didn't think it was relevant. If he thought there were drugs in it, it wouldn't have been. Had he known the gun was in it, who knows whether he would have mentioned it.

It didn't state that AM failed to mention the backpack, so I'm assuming that he *did* mention the backpack even though it had drugs in it?

You don't think that showing up at the target's house for a test drive would be a perfect way to scout it out for the future theft? They could have been planning to return that evening to actually steal it.

I think it is the perfect way to be seen by others and possibly be identified. Why not handle the truck theft the same way they did the Bobcat and other items? Cover of darkness while the majority of the world sleeps... MOO

Millard's lawyer Nadir Sachak now beginning his cross-examination.
by Adam Carter 12:06 PM

Sachak first asks about Michalski's nickname, "Kowalski." It comes from the movie Penguins of Madagascar. He says Mark Smich chose the name.
by Adam Carter 12:07 PM

Sachak first asking about the theft of the Bobcat tractor that Michalski was involved with back in Oct. 2012.
by Adam Carter 12:08 PM

I get that...but why kill TB then?

Obviously they weren't planning on coming back to steal it because none of the other lookout guys were enlisted. This was Millard and Smich alone. The only thing that makes sense is it was an armed robbery gone bad.

Im with you there. I don't think it was premeditated, just an armed robbery gone wrong.

It's the callous post actions that are most troubling. You would assume such a blunder would result in abandoning the scene, not a calculated cremation and truck morphing. MOO

Between 10:30 - 11:30pm on May 10th is when the neighbour spotted the trailer being driven into MB driveway. (according to spreadsheet)
iirc, someone mentioned seeing the door open or a light on...maybe I'm imagining this but perhaps MB was home at the time? imo

Would DM block his Mother's car in the garage by driving the trailer up so close ? Maybe it was a double garage, and her car was in the other one. Anyone remember ? There was a picture, but I cannot take the time to find it just now.

IMO

Court now seeing the texts between the two of them for the second time. "Running a missions tonight, you down to lookout?" Millard asks.
by Adam Carter 12:09 PM

Michalski says over the course of their conversation, he discerned this was about a theft. But before that day, he didn't know about the Bobcat theft, he says.
by Adam Carter 12:10 PM

Sachak points out Millard and Smich, and says that Smich looks quite different than he used to. "You've never seen him wear a shirt like that?" Sachak asks. "No sir," Michalski says with a smile.
by Adam Carter 12:13 PM

They could have scouted out the vicinity etc., as they had done on previous 'missions'. No need to make contact with the owner and drive it. IMO.
Unless they wanted to see exactly where it was parked, who was living there and decide which truck they wanted to steal. JMO

Would DM block his Mother's car in the garage by driving the trailer up so close ? Maybe it was a double garage, and her car was in the other one. Anyone remember ? There was a picture, but I cannot take the time to find it just now.

IMO

Yes....it was a double garage (two separate garage doors)

It's the callous post actions that are most troubling. You would assume such a blunder would result in abandoning the scene, not a calculated cremation and truck morphing. MOO

... and the fact that they had a gun with them. That's the main thing in all this that has me thinking TB's death was planned. MOO.

Exactly! Why test drive a vehicle you have already decided to steal? And we know DM had already decided to steal it.

Maybe the "someone to change testimony, if they knew it would get DM life"
So they knew (AM atleast) that DM was going to steal a truck. Premeditation would be "the test drive" Because you DON'T test drive a truck that you plan to steal! That's a great way to get caught, too risky!

And the crown didn't seem to really push him. Liar or not, I still believe they still have evidence that will tell the whole 'true' story. He still provided some damaging testimony.

Keep thinking - straight to indictment.

MOO

Straight to indictment doesn't indicate guilt, it only indicates there was enough evidence to go to trial. I believe there can be other reasons for going straight to trial, such as avoiding publicity surrounding the case, or if one case is connected to another, or to protect witness testimony, etc. moo

I think it is the perfect way to be seen by others and possibly be identified. Why not handle the truck theft the same way they did the Bobcat and other items? Cover of darkness while the majority of the world sleeps... MOO
You could assume the same for a murder, making it even less logical to carry it out IMO

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 9m9 minutes ago
Jury is back. Michalski is back.

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 9m9 minutes ago
We're back. Sachak doing cross for Millard. #Bosma

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC 9m9 minutes ago
Jury back, Andrew Michalski in the witness box for cross examination by Millard lawyer Nadir Sachak. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 9m9 minutes ago
Nadir Sachak up to do cross-examination on behalf of Millard's defence team. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 8m8 minutes ago
They called Michalski "Kowalski." Mark Smich gave him the nickname, he says--it's a reference to the movie Penguins of Madagascar. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 8m8 minutes ago
#Millard lawyer Sachak now asking Michalski about thefts from 2012. #Bosma

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC 8m8 minutes ago
Michalski says Smich gave him the nickname "Kowalski" from the movie "Penguins of Madagascar." #Bosma

"It was done because it would be an adventure, a rush," Sachak says about the thefts, but Michalski says no. "Nobody coerced you to do it?" Sachak says. "No sir," Michalski responds. "Can you point out where it says, 'Dell, I'm not the kind of guy who wants to join you in this theft?'" Sachak says. "It doesn't say that ... I did it because it was easy enough," Michalski responds.
by Adam Carter 12:16 PM

Michalski says he didn't want to do it, but was willing to. "Did somebody put a gun to your head, somebody dragged you out in handcuffs?" Sachak asks. "No sir," Michalski responds.
by Adam Carter 12:16 PM

Michalski's job on this "mission" was to be a lookout.
by Adam Carter 12:17 PM

Im with you there. I don't think it was premeditated, just an armed robbery gone wrong.

I know of a case where 2 guys robbed a guy of his wallet at gunpoint. AFTER they had the victim's wallet and were leaving, the one guy ordered the other guy to shoot the victim. Sometimes there is just a mentality that normal brains can't comprehend.

Sachak references the Oct 19, 2012 Bobcat theft "mission." Seeing the extraction report that shows his texts w Millard that day. #Bosma

Michalski says he didn't know hat day it would be a theft. Then agrees through texts he did. #Bosma

Sachak: you didn't receive much notice did you? Get the first text around 8:30pm.
Michalski: yes. #Bosma

By 10:03pm -- when he texts Millard "I'm down" -- he agrees he was prepared to assist. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 7m7 minutes ago
This theft involved a group, he agrees. DM, MS--
Sachak suggests Smich looks very different today. Michalski agrees. #Bosma

Sachak points to Smich, says for the record that Smich is wearing a long sleeved stripe dress shirt. #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 6m6 minutes ago
Sachak suggesting mission was done because "it was fun." Michalski disagrees. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 6m6 minutes ago
But he agrees with Sachak that no one coerced him. "I was able to help, I didn't want to," he says. #Bosma

"Can you tell me where it says "I don't want to?'" Sachak says.
"It doesn't," Michalski says. #Bosma

IMO

All the google map images Ive seen show her car on the right side of the driveway. I don't think she kept it the garage, not in the good weather months anyway.

"You were involved in this theft, and you knew Dellen had scoped the area?" Sachak asks. Michalski says yes.
by Adam Carter 12:19 PM

Sachak pointing out that the theft was planned and deliberate.
by Adam Carter 12:20 PM

"Precautions have been taken to make sure nobody gets caught?" Sachak asks. Michalski says yes.
by Adam Carter 12:21 PM

Also agrees it doesn't say "I refuse" or "this is wrong" etc. #Bosma

"I did it because it was easy enough," he says. #Bosma

He says he was with his girlfriend so he wasn't prepared. #Bosma

He also says he didn't know what the mission was at that point. #Bosma

"You wanted to do it," Sachak says. Michalski is silent. Judge prods him to answer. "No sir," he says. #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 5m5 minutes ago
He volunteered and consented to be part of the mission. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 5m5 minutes ago
Michalski says he didn't want to steal. Can't explain why he agreed willingly to #Millard plan. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 5m5 minutes ago
Sachak says no one put a gun to you head. No one beat you up, no one threatened your family....etc. Michalski agrees. #Bosma

Michalski's participation was "voluntary, consensual, willing," Sachak says. Michalski agrees. #Bosma

His job was to be a lookout. He had a walkie talkie, so did Hagerman. They'd call if they saw anyone coming. #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 5m5 minutes ago
His role was mobile surveillance. He had a walkie talkie. #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
Though Sachak is pushing him, Michalski is calm and polite. Lots of "Yes sir" "No sir." #bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
It was an all-nighter mission, Sachak says. Last text btwn them is at 7:39am (saying to meet back at the hangar). Michalski agrees. #Bosma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab