Bosma Murder Trial 04.28.16 - Day 42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its odd that MB really doesn't seem shocked. She has just been presented with the idea that her son may be a murderer and her first notion is to go wipe her prints off the trailer?

Again, I'm very much doubting this testimony. I believe they went back to wipe Dellen's prints off the trailer.

I am shocked that MB does not seem to be on the list of witnesses being called by the Crown. Perhaps by the defense.

When CN and MB went to DM's house for cash and cheques, was AM there putting the drugs in a backpack?

I thought it meant they could use what she had said in her 2 statements to police (even though she denied making the 2nd statement). I thought it also meant the Crown could use any evidence they have, even though she says the evidence isn't real. Like phone calls and dated notes and letters.

Yeah. She has stated multiple times that she doesn't recall the phone data, but it's right there as evidence in black & white. And said it was outright wrong.

Remember, MB is just as much a victim in this.

Technically, yes. But the moment she had CN wipe prints off the trailer... and never once bothered to call 911, she just went into a whole new status-category for me.

If I understand correctly from this being discussed previously, it means the Crown can now question her in the same manner that the Defense is permitted. They can ask leading questions...which they are traditionally not permitted to do. Someone jump in here if I got this wrong.

Yes, I have the same interpretation. However, I would also add that from what I can discern, they can only cross examine on points where her testimony differs from her written statements.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 34s35 seconds ago
Leitch takes her to yet another spot in note. She insists that what she's viewing in the notes refers to "seeing him" not "contacting him."

This is like watching Jodi Arias on the stand with her utter denial of truth, and even down to semantics.

Either way, that IS contact! CN it's a NO CONTACT ORDER, darling! Maybe she thought it was a "no physical contact" order :facepalm:

Wow, ain't she something?!

Its odd that MB really doesn't seem shocked. She has just been presented with the idea that her son may be a murderer and her first notion is to go wipe her prints off the trailer?

Again, I'm very much doubting this testimony. I believe they went back to wipe Dellen's prints off the trailer.

CN had to wipe her prints from the hinges and the lock? Wow. Does this not indicate that her prints were therefore ON those things? And if so, is it a far stretch to assume she had seen what was inside? And remember the truck was backed up so close to MB's garage that it broke one of her light fixtures? And CN had to now open the garage door to access the lock to wipe it down, from the INSIDE of the garage? So.. obviously this 'checking of the lock' did not happen AFTER they got to MB's house.

And I guess we no longer have to speculate and/or argue about MB being present at home on the night the trailer was delivered to her driveway. So why did she then call and text DM the next day to ask why it was there? Another covering action?

Yes, I have the same interpretation. However, I would also add that from what I can discern, they can only cross examine on points where here testimony differs from her written statements.

Which is basically anything she's said on the stand! Apart from her clear memory on anything MS related. MOO

CN had to wipe her prints from the hinges and the lock? Wow. Does this not indicate that her prints were therefore ON those things? And if so, is it a far stretch to assume she had seen what was inside? And remember the truck was backed up so close to MB's garage that it broke one of her light fixtures? And CN had to now open the garage door to access the lock to wipe it down, from the INSIDE of the garage? So.. obviously this 'checking of the lock' did not happen AFTER they got to MB's house.

And I guess we no longer have to speculate and/or argue about MB being present at home on the night the trailer was delivered to her driveway. So why did she then call and text DM the next day to ask why it was there? Another covering action?

And yet another good catch. This was the 'baby talk' text, right?

MB and CN don't know what is in the trailer but they wipe down the trailer and do not phone police to tell them about the fact that the TRAILER IS THERE. WTH? SMH...disgusting.

And at this point it is a forcible confinement charge so for all they know TB may have been in there :waitssec: unless they had reason to believe that he was already dead.

Nope, initially she was a victim but she crossed the line into covering for a murderer, which makes her something else, IMO.

Again, we don't know exactly how much she knew. She was probably in shock at that point. Maybe not. Who knows?

wow thanks..better get some popcorn for this afternoon..it's gonna be a horror show...hehe

Landscaper here...weather is beauty so gotta work BUT, please keep the tweets coming and any additional insights you all may have. IMO the Crown expected this.
Justice will prevail...imo, toss the book at her, ignorance on the stand shouldn't be forgiving

I wonder if being deemed a hostile witness in another case has any bearing on how an accused is perceived in her own trial later? I would suppose not, since this whole thing of her testimony in this case is not supposed to be admissible in her own case? I'm just dumbfounded. Wow. Young, pretty, educated girl with the world at her fingertips.. unbelievable. And to think this is on display to the world, being reported tweet by tweet.

The next day she wrote him,

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews Apr 19
1:08pm rabbit says "Hi Lam.... Winnie the poo's got his bum stuck in my warren... lol should I be looking for antlers to decorate???"

So after a night of tears and wine, she got all cute.

If MB isn't a witness, then Why hasn't she gone to court to support her son? The only thing I can think of is maybe she's a witness to one of the other murders and she cannot be around DM?

I guess I misunderstood when I had previously read about 'hostile witness'. I had thought that to be declared as such would mean that the hostile witness was deemed to be that, throughout the remainder of that person's testimony. But it now seems, based on TL's actions, that this request must be made to the judge each time TL has to/wants to get an answer? So I guess we are in for an afternoon of ins and outs with the jury, huh? Wow. Just wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callie679