Bosma Murder Trial 05.20.16 - Day 53

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Sachak keeps calling it "the thing" but the testimony more accurately reflects that he asked for "the stuff"?

Reading through tweets, MS uses the term "stuff" a fair bit.

I am from the area too and since this happened, I do notice all RAMS and yes, there are many here!

I am in Kitchener and ever since this went down I see rams ALL THE TIME. They are so common that I think it is possible that it could have been another truck. IMO

Or the police were so set in their tunnel vision that he's the killer that they refused to work with him on a deal - which would also explain why people at trial reported seeing the crown passing otes to NS during questioning - they dont want to be proven wrong!

There is absolutely no reason for the Crown to be doing what you are accusing them of. The Crown has it's own turn at cross examining MS and that will happen next week.

JMO

Fancy lighter @ 1:40 in this video. Sorry, I don't have the link to the individual Yukon photos.

[video=youtube;iruNjXrhttM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iruNjXrhttM&list=UUnsj4TU7mOQ-4l2HOaRekgA&index=61[/video]

I think that lighter is the one on this page - bic - lighter at the far left side, bottom row. In video it's upside down.

http://mulpix.com/post/1026294064056994426.html

So, Sachak keeps calling it "the thing" but the testimony more accurately reflects that he asked for "the stuff"?

No, in his text message, he asked for "the other thing".

Series of texts received from Smich Saturday afternoon, May 11. "Tell him were its at and ask him to bring it to me with the other thing." Apr 13, 2016

Line 3744 of SC's tweets:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zxyo_MC4bf28IMfFvSuu5ETlebQlyw__2QSDhYkGxMU/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

I am in Kitchener and ever since this went down I see rams ALL THE TIME. They are so common that I think it is possible that it could have been another truck. IMO

After my last post where I said something about the chances of it being a different truck were pretty slim, I got up from my computer and looked out the window. Couldn't see much cuz there was a black dodge ram with chrome rims in my neighbours driveway blocking my view :) It didn't have running lights or side steps though.

Anyway, unless we could zoom in on the license plates or vin on the truck(s), there is just no way to say positively if it was the same truck or a different truck. It's more of a question of which is more likely. IMO it's much more likely that it's the same truck, and MS is lying. It's certainly enough to give me 'reasonable doubt' to his story that's for sure.

I don't feel I have the expertise to say if the trucks are the same or not, but I think it's a bit of an unfortunate choice for justice in the sense that it kind of becomes "Do I believe the Crown and Mark Smich, or do I believe Dellen Millard?" on this one point. It's probably a benefit by association that Mark doesn't really deserve.

I don't think this is a case of "the Crown and Mark Smich" vs "Dellen Millard". It is the Crown against MS and DM. When the Crown begins cross next week, I'm not expecting them to dispute the fact of whether the other two passes in the video are TB's truck. As other's have said, they were showing the Yukon arriving and then leaving behind TB's truck. Now that MS has given a version that takes him out of the murder scene, they have a reason to use the extra video as well. Not that I think they need to since Sachak did a pretty good job of showing that anyway. JMO

CAN the juror use that to discount MS story since it was never entered into evidence against the accused? Not sure how that works? It's NS version of events

The extra video was entered into evidence, just by DM's lawyer instead of the Crown. It's just that, as he stated, MS ignored anything DM's defense said during the trial. So he based his story on what the Crown submitted during the trial instead of the complete trial or the complete disclosure. JMO

The extra video was entered into evidence, just by DM's lawyer instead of the Crown. It's just that, as he stated, MS ignored anything DM's defense said during the trial. So he based his story on what the Crown submitted during the trial instead of the complete trial or the complete disclosure. JMO

Ahhh is that why NS stated he made a big mistake by not paying attention?

I totally forgot about this because they didn't find any gloves with MS DNA on it. But IMO I don't think he'd be wearing gloves getting out of the truck at that moment? If the Tim Hortons story was suspicious, I don't see how wearing gloves right away wouldn't have raised red flags.

I've often wondered why they didn't just burn them anyway. Why keep these around?

If MS did wear gloves the whole time, even when they arrived at TB's, it would not have raised red flags because he never took his hands out of his pocket.

From WDB's testimony:

Feb 1, 16:24
3mon
molly hayes@mollyhayes
That second guy wore a hooded sweater, kept his hands in pockets and hood up over face.

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2016/02/01/murder-trial-in-death-of-tim-bosma-set-to-begin-in-hamilton.html

I need to go back but I'm pretty sure if I recall he pet the Bosma's dog. I don't know where I read that a long time ago but I feel I did

You don't need to go back. That was part of MS's story. I'm pretty sure he said that DM pet the dog and, if the dog was there (he wasn't entirely sure of that), he would have pet it too. I think I believe WDB over MS. ;)

ETA: A long time ago? You mean you think someone else said that before? I don't remember the B's dog being mentioned earlier, so if you find it, yes, please let me know. TIA

I'm with you Arnie. I downloaded the video from youtube, and took screenshots of the first and second passes of the truck, then put them one above the other. They look virtually identical to me. I know it's already been said by the experts that the trucks were similar, but until I just compared the two, I didn't realize how similar they were! It just seems like too much of a coincidence for me not to be the same truck.

attachment.php

Thanks, I think what you did with this was great, but is one of these pictures the third pass when they left with the Yukon?
It has been said that the first and second pass might be someone else just going for the mail.

Thanks, I think what you did with this was great, but is one of these pictures the third pass when they left with the Yukon?
It has been said that the first and second pass might be someone else just going for the mail.

IIRC, I think the original poster laid them one under the other, and I think the top one is the 9:05 pass, and the bottom is the 9:20 (both going northbound).

IIRC, I think the original poster laid them one under the other, and I think the top one is the 9:05 pass, and the bottom is the 9:20 (both going northbound).

Correct. Sorry about the confusion Oreck. The top image is the first pass in the north direction, and the lower image is the second pass in the north direction, but the 3rd pass of the camera.
The 2nd camera pass (southbound) has nothing to compare too, and even if there was, since it on the opposite side of the road there is a lot less of the vehicle showing.

29% meet the exact criteria. Seems quite common on to me given there are 12 color options. 8 of these colors could appear black in the dark. I drive a black RAM so notice it's the most common color. I've gone months without washing it and if looks shiny.

Well, we know one was, don't we?

I think it is pretty obvious what I am saying. If it's not, let me try it another way.

A black 3500 single axle with chrome running boards, chrome wheels and running lights is not as popular as you think, even when the main argument is "most of them are black" in Ancaster. One on that particular road, on that particular night, at that particular time?

Not really hard to figure out.

But do they all have the chrome rims, running lights, running board, like Bosma"s truck?

I can't say that all of the passes of the truck similar to TB's which are seen in the SS video have cab roof lights, can you?

Also, I have chrome. Not because I wanted it, but it came in the package we decided on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callie679