Found Deceased Boulder City woman only known as “Lily” 22, Missing at Lake Mead-Unusual Circumstances -30 June 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO, it sounds like LE may be questioning the "fell off the jet ski" story. Otherwise, it would be a water search/rescue mission. Probably totally unrelated, but with the water level so low, many old barrels and other items have surfaced. This has brought out crowds looking for long lost buried "treasure".
It seems that the jet ski story might be easy to corroborate or debunk. The storyteller would have to show 2 jet skis and a reasonable explanation of how he had access to them. Where were they stored? Who owns them? Why no life jackets?

If he can show them that he was at a camper or RV or cabin and had access to 2 jet skis that morning, and they were both found in the water, then LE might accept his explanation. If not, he's in big trouble.

It seems that the jet ski story might be easy to corroborate or debunk. The storyteller would have to show 2 jet skis and a reasonable explanation of how he had access to them. Where were they stored? Who owns them? Why no life jackets?

If he can show them that he was at a camper or RV or cabin and had access to 2 jet skis that morning, and they were both found in the water, then LE might accept his explanation. If not, he's in big trouble.
I’m not certain but I think two people can ride together on one jet ski.
The accident or circumstances about why this girl is missing could have occurred hours before she was reported missing. Then the storyteller would have time to get sober.
It does seem this story is going to be easily debunked. But we can only hope it will be solved as easy.

moo

I’m not certain but I think two people can ride together on one jet ski.
The accident or circumstances about why this girl is missing could have occurred hours before she was reported missing. Then the storyteller would have time to get sober.
It does seem this story is going to be easily debunked. But we can only hope it will be solved as easy.

moo
I think that's the most likely scenario at this point. Something bad happened before sunrise and so someone sat and thought about how to try and explain her sudden absence.
At the time it made sense to him, somehow, to use the story that they were jet-skiing in street clothes at 6 am.

I think that's the most likely scenario at this point. Something bad happened before sunrise and so someone sat and thought about how to try and explain her sudden absence.
At the time it made sense to him, somehow, to use the story that they were jet-skiing in street clothes at 6 am.

The media reports seem to suggest somebody witnessed the two falling off the jet ski and made the emergency call, unless the man had his cellphone with him in the water and made the call himself, which certainly would be suspicious.

“According to a news release, at approximately 6:15 a.m., authorities at Lake Mead received an emergency call reporting two people having fallen off a jet ski near Lake Mead’s Boulder Islands.”

One individual, a male, has been found while the second individual, a female, has not been seen since going into the water, the release states. Authorities note that neither person were wearing life jackets.”

The media reports seem to suggest somebody witnessed the two falling off the jet ski and made the emergency call, unless the man had his cellphone with him in the water and made the call himself, which certainly would be suspicious.

“According to a news release, at approximately 6:15 a.m., authorities at Lake Mead received an emergency call reporting two people having fallen off a jet ski near Lake Mead’s Boulder Islands.”

One individual, a male, has been found while the second individual, a female, has not been seen since going into the water, the release states. Authorities note that neither person were wearing life jackets.”
Thanks, I hadn't seen that specific statement. That does make it seem like there was a witness. If so, it may have just been a drunken accident, where 2 people did something reckless but with no malice.:(

Body found in Lake Mead

Body found in Lake Mead

I'm scratching my head over why they haven't Identified Lily in the media? We know her identity, it wasn't hard to find her. To be clear I'm not taking about the identity of the body, we all know the process there.

I'm scratching my head over why they haven't Identified Lily in the media? We know her identity, it wasn't hard to find her. To be clear I'm not taking about the identity of the body, we all know the process there.
I agree… it seems sort of cut and dry from social media and not even hard to find info there… but then also very mysterious only because of the way LE is not identifying her.

I agree… it seems sort of cut and dry from social media and not even hard to find info there… but then also very mysterious only because of the way LE is not identifying her.
This whole case is odd. If it's simply people partying all night, then impulsively jumping on a jet ski to go for a ride at sunrise. Why not just lay it out there? Lily wasn't a minor? I was raised on the Colorado River and still visit for watersport fun to this day. People do incredibly dumb things on the river, but add alcohol/drugs and the stupidity doubles down. What happened is not that rare in other words.

I would guess the fact that her age and hometown do not match those reported after the accident that withholding details publicly is part of some kind of investigative technique to establish if the guy intentionally provided inaccurate information or if Lily just lied to him and he really didn't know. Cops like to know things their suspects don't know they know.

I'm still mostly inclined to think this is how it appears at face value though - semi-anonymous hookup partying and reckless use of a motor vehicle.

It seems her identity probably wouldn’t be announced until the ME has officially confirmed it during the autopsy procedure, by comparing something such as dental records or DNA. Her body may have been in the water too long for a next of kin verification. I don’t think that’s mysterious, simply due process given the male was unable to provide LE with full details. JMO

‘The woman’s identity and cause of death will be determined by the Clark County Medical Examiner, and the incident remains under investigation.”

Body found in Lake Mead

"The body was located with a remotely operated vehicle by National Park Service Rangers and the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.

The woman’s identity and cause of death will be determined by the Clark County Medical Examiner, and the incident remains under investigation."

I would guess the fact that her age and hometown do not match those reported after the accident that withholding details publicly is part of some kind of investigative technique to establish if the guy intentionally provided inaccurate information or if Lily just lied to him and he really didn't know. Cops like to know things their suspects don't know they know.

I'm still mostly inclined to think this is how it appears at face value though - semi-anonymous hookup partying and reckless use of a motor vehicle.
Agree, but I'm talking about after the initial report and days after the investigation began. NPS asked the public for help to identify Lily, that help was provided, as referenced by public posts made on the NPS site. Most times, at that point the agency would make a public announcement saying the missing person has been identified as ... even though the body had not been found yet. Maybe it's because the NPS is not CCSO/LV Metro, protocols are different.

This whole case is odd. If it's simply people partying all night, then impulsively jumping on a jet ski to go for a ride at sunrise. Why not just lay it out there? Lily wasn't a minor? I was raised on the Colorado River and still visit for watersport fun to this day. People do incredibly dumb things on the river, but add alcohol/drugs and the stupidity doubles down. What happened is not that rare in other words.
It is at 6am.

I'm a professional drinking partying water sports camping guy..The last guy that's always up type.

By 6:00 a.m. I should be flat on my face in the tent/cabin/whatever and annoyed at early morning people that get up and eat breakfast and yell at you (when they go to bed at 10:00 and you go to bed at 4:30 am.

To be fair, most people don't put it down like my crew so if she was pacing it "makes sense" or if they had other substances that keep you up.

Agree, but I'm talking about after the initial report and days after the investigation began. NPS asked the public for help to identify Lily, that help was provided, as referenced by public posts made on the NPS site. Most times, at that point the agency would make a public announcement saying the missing person has been identified as ... even though the body had not been found yet. Maybe it's because the NPS is not CCSO/LV Metro, protocols are different.
There wasn't really any way they could positively identify the Lilly from the accident and CCTV as the missing Lilly. They might have said "the cases are believed to be related" or even that "she is believed to be Lilly [Xxxxxx], who has been missing since the incident" but I don't presume to expect it during an active investigation. With all the online resources we can draw our own conclusions. This forum in particular does their best to maintain fact based posting while crucially allowing us to link to official sources where highly probable unofficial discussion is taking place.

sorry lilibet, i cant figure out how to remove this
It is at 6am.

I'm a professional drinking partying water sports camping guy..The last guy that's always up type.

By 6:00 a.m. I should be flat on my face in the tent/cabin/whatever and annoyed at early morning people that get up and eat breakfast and yell at you (when they go to bed at 10:00 and you go to bed at 4:30 am.

To be fair, most people don't put it down like my crew so if she was pacing it "makes sense" or if they had other substances that keep you up.
i bolded what i speculate

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back