Brad Cooper April 1st Weekend

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh..I just had another thought..Yikes ...I have heard a few make complaints about Nancy's spending habits..and living way above their means...Stepping back from this murder stuff..I sense that Nancy had no clue their were financial problems..as she moved down there after Brad got established, found a home and things got started...Brad was the "Breadwinner"...and from all appearance they owned top of the line items..cars, home furnishings etc..She was given credit cards to purchase things..and Brad just paid the bills...Brad went to school, took trips to Ireland or someplace, kids got ever toy available, appliances seemed top of the line, automobiles too (BMW) so just maybe Nancy had no clue there was any financial issues..then..suddenly she found out about affair, became suspicious, started accusing, etc...suddenly and appears it was shortly after their search for new house, or possibly building on a lot which they put a check down to hold the lot...THEN it got stopped (excuse health issues to RE Agent)..and things went downhill from there......It was more than likely Nancy never knew anything about Brad's finances..how he spent the money..until he cancelled all financial supports (CC, Bank ACCT)...She had been entirely dependent on Brad and his financial support for herself, the kids and for household upkeep..
She got a rude awakening come that day she found out she had no money, no ability to pay for anything :rocker:..

Between anger about suspicions, and suddenly no control ..I am sure she felt alienated...but not necessarily life threatened...,I do have to wonder what happened when she felt compelled to get outa there and quik??????? 2 days before she died:crazy:

I'm sorry but I don't buy that. They were a married couple, how is it she had no idea what their financial situation was in the 8 years they were married? We're to believe she was in the dark the whole time as far as how much they could afford?

Two questions:

Why do you suppose NC didn't just move her and the girls to Canada and THEN work on the separation agreement? She lived with him for many years and had to know asking for that amount of money would cause conflict....it would in any marriage I think. She could have been safely in Canada with her family dealing with the details of the money and the separation. I feel that once a couple decides to separate, it should happen immediately. There's just way too much tension and with the kids, it's just never a good scene.

Secondly, does anyone know where NC was on Friday morning while BC was watching the kids? I know she canceled running with CC but where did she go?

It is disgusting even thinking about all of this, but wouldn't there have been something on the dress if it happened this way? How could it be that there was only one small stain on the dress?

Thus the need for an early morning trip to HT to buy laundry detergent. :sick:

It is disgusting even thinking about all of this, but wouldn't there have been something on the dress if it happened this way? How could it be that there was only one small stain on the dress?

He said he washed it...then he said he didn't know if he washed it or not.
The SBI could not say for sure it had been washed or not.
I'm not convinced she was even wearing the dress when she died.

Two questions:

Why do you suppose NC didn't just move her and the girls to Canada and THEN work on the separation agreement? She lived with him for many years and had to know asking for that amount of money would cause conflict....it would in any marriage I think. She could have been safely in Canada with her family dealing with the details of the money and the separation. I feel that once a couple decides to separate, it should happen immediately. There's just way too much tension and with the kids, it's just never a good scene.

Secondly, does anyone know where NC was on Friday morning while BC was watching the kids? I know she canceled running with CC but where did she go?

I've never been divorced but I have heard that advice is given to not leave the house. That can go against a person in the divorce. DEFINITELY don't take the kids. That can go very badly against a person in terms of custody.

To the second part, I don't know if we know that Brad was watching the children on Friday morning. I believe that came from him so it could be true but we'll never know.

Thus the need for an early morning trip to HT to buy laundry detergent. :sick:

No. There were deodorant streaks on the dress and one tiny stain and no indication the dress had been washed. The stain was oily and I think it's unlikely for it to remain after washing. The soap should have removed any traces of anything oil based. I don't think the dress was washed.

So if he did it, I believe she had already changed out of the dress.

My point was more to the fact that what exactly was the truth? Was the whole house a mess or just the floors? Again, the exterminator said the house didn't look any different than it had previously.

Yes, and Mr. Drucker said it was a mess.
Taking his account and her friend, I tend to believe Nancy and the house was a wreck when she returned from vacation (the floors were way down the list).

I'm sorry but I don't buy that. They were a married couple, how is it she had no idea what their financial situation was in the 8 years they were married? We're to believe she was in the dark the whole time as far as how much they could afford?

Yes indeed, many women married to some men who take over such things never devulge financial things to their wives..Not uncommon..I would agree she should have known IF she had of ever been a contributing (working) member of the married team..but she never was after she gave up her job in Canada and moved down there...SHE was totally dependent..and given Brad's personality, I doubt he shared such information either...JMO..and have had direct observations of this phenomena between couples with "One Breadwinner" in charge.

In Nancy's situation, even she felt out of the loop even back before she had her first child..as Her mother testified about...She felt alone, and Brad not attentive, or communicating with her...I think she was kept in the dark by Brad..He has a huge ego it appears :crazy:

I've never been divorced but I have heard that advice is given to not leave the house. That can go against a person in the divorce. DEFINITELY don't take the kids. That can go very badly against a person in terms of custody.

To the second part, I don't know if we know that Brad was watching the children on Friday morning. I believe that came from him so it could be true but we'll never know.

I could see not taking the kids w/o the spouses permission, definitely, but she had his permission so I don't see that as a problem.

So nobody really knows where she was on Friday morning?

Two questions:

I don't recall him saying he was home alone with the kids Friday am before the Lowes trip. I thought he said something about "helping with the kids" or something like that made him late for work.
He and Nancy were probably fighting.

Monday should be interesting on the hay testimony.
I have the feeling Kurtz will squash that since the detective admitted he didn't wear booties at the crime scene and came to the house first before this patrol officer.

Officer who say the straw said he never got out of his vehicle. This is the same officer that then went to the Cooper residence to wait while the search warrant was being issued and say the straw pieces.

Yes indeed, many women married to some men who take over such things never devulge financial things to their wives..Not uncommon..I would agree she should have known IF she had of ever been a contributing (working) member of the married team..but she never was after she gave up her job in Canada and moved down there...SHE was totally dependent..and given Brad's personality, I doubt he shared such information either...JMO..and have had direct observations of this phenomena between couples with "One Breadwinner" in charge.

In Nancy's situation, even she felt out of the loop even back before she had her first child..as Her mother testified about...She felt alone, and Brad not attentive, or communicating with her...I think she was kept in the dark by Brad..He has a huge ego it appears :crazy:

So, she didn't know about their financial situation but yet she was contacting a RE looking for houses starting at 500k and under in 2007?

Officer who say the straw said he never got out of his vehicle. This is the same officer that then went to the Cooper residence to wait while the search warrant was being issued and say the straw pieces.

I was talking about Detective Young.
He entered the house after being at the dump site....before the patrol officer spotted the hay in the foyer

So, she didn't know about their financial situation but yet she was contacting a RE looking for houses starting at 500k and under in 2007?

Yes she did, and that was no doubt done because Brad thought it was a good move..or told her to do some research.....remember this was before she found out about affair..or had any suspicions of such....but that deposit check to hold that lot to build got cancelled .. ..why?..RE Agent told about health issue with Nancy..but tend to believe that's when she found out about the affair from HM..IIRC anyway

He said
she was upset over only 2 things....he didn't take the garbage out and he didn't wash the floors.

Are you serious Brad? With dirty dishes piled high, old food and ants, she was upset about not cleaning the HW floors? Yea right.
Sounds to me like he needed a reason to wash those floors on 7-12-08 and that was to clean evidence of murder (urine, feces or perhaps even vomit)

I think men process things differently than women. In his mind, he could have believed the two biggies were garbage and floors washed. And with the dysfunctional condition of that household and the apparent hatred between them, I wouldn't want to speculate on anything. In addition, it seems that there is a disagreement whether the floors even got cleaned. I just want to see some computer evidence and additional phone discussions.

Yes she did, and that was no doubt done because Brad thought it was a good move..or told her to do some research.....remember this was before she found out about affair..or had any suspicions of such....but that deposit check to hold that lot to build got cancelled .. ..why?..RE Agent told about health issue with Nancy..but tend to believe that's when she found out about the affair from HM..IIRC anyway

They were serious about a lot to build on 11/07.....then came the news of the affair and everything went downhill from there.....eventually ending in her death 7 months later.

Her name was on all accounts up to 2008. Why wouldn't she know what was going on financially? Never logged online to the bank? Never looked at a bank statement?

You're basically saying that stay at home wives usually don't know what's going on financially in their marriage, because they are a non-contributing member (which is untrue in and of itself).

Well, Barbiejet, I am new here so I want to be careful not to offend anyone. But, I have let it be known that I am waiting for all of the information to be presented before making my decision. For those who have made up your mind before seeing everything, that is certainly your choice. But, don't try to intimidate or insult me or anyone else for not having made up my mind. If I am incorrect on why this site was set up, then it should be changed. I thought this site was designed to objectively analyze evidence and testimony regarding trials and criminal cases. I am neither pro defense or pro prosecution, but rather I am pro justice. Hopefully, justice will prevail.

icon7.gif
Cody100, Barbiejet --
Please be yourself and post (within the rules which are mostly a mixture of common sense and common decency, and remember to never use children's names...) whatever you would like so say. There's always someone who will (or mostly) agree with you and someone who won't.

That's what makes this WS world spin. So many times someone you don't agree with will post a little thing or two that makes you think, "hmmmm, I never thought of that." It's fun as long as it we don't get personal with it.

So please don't hesitate to jump in this "pool" -- it's definitely big enough for all of us.

And so to anyone else who is hesitant. We all think and we all have....... and opinions. And all of us, no matter what we say, leave golo suckin' wind at the starting gate. MOO
icon7.gif

I think men process things differently than women. In his mind, he could have believed the two biggies were garbage and floors washed. And with the dysfunctional condition of that household and the apparent hatred between them, I wouldn't want to speculate on anything. In addition, it seems that there is a disagreement whether the floors even got cleaned. I just want to see some computer evidence and additional phone discussions.

Well, I'm a man, and I would not think the wood floors would be at the top of the list....especially since the entire house was apparently a pig pen.

Her name was on all accounts up to 2008. Why wouldn't she know what was going on financially? Never logged online to the bank? Never looked at a bank statement?

You're basically saying that stay at home wives usually don't know what's going on financially in their marriage, because they are a non-contributing member (which is untrue in and of itself).

I would tend to agree that in most marriages, when a couple work together, communicate, plan things, and know so much about each other...BUT it was mentioned even back before children Nancy felt she had made a mistake..that she felt totally alienated by Brad..He worked long hours, and didnt get involved with her at all..SO doubt Brad would have shared such info..She may have had an account..but I would bet she NEVER saw any statements..Brad kept all these things close to the vest as they say..even to the point of monitoring all her contacts and activities..tho Nancy had NONE to HIS!!..IMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow