Brad Cooper

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sort of hard to understand why an adult would have
to email their father in law to let him know how much money
the other person is getting or giving the other person.
Why would anyone want to do that?
i believe that nancy was trying to document it for the impending divorce.
she needed a witness.

perhaps she felt like he might kill her and she was leaving a paper trail.

brad would do it to document what he was giving nancy in case she was telling her family that she was receiving no money from him.

Giving the benefit of the doubt, maybe he thought she had to be missing 24 hours for police to get involved. Many posters, including me, thought that was the case.

I don't know why he wouldn't go to Carey/Carrie's first. From my recollection, he knew Carrie's car and condo complex, but not her exact address.

Have we received confirmation from Jessica that she did or did not tell BC that she didn't know Carrie's phone number?

http://www.charlotte.com/news/story/713558.html

Adam knew someone by that name but said she didn't know the woman's last name and did not have her phone number. Cooper said he was going to continue looking for Carrie's phone number and hung up, Adam said.

It sounds like neither one of them knew Carrie's last name or phone number.

Even though JA was training with C and N for a marathon later that summer. According to JA's
affadavit (#8).

Did he ask someone to call her family or did LE tell him not to? We don't know anything more than what's in the affidavits and the statements given to the press. Obviously LE isn't saying anything at this point.

I can't imagine LE telling him not to call her family. At that point in the investigation, LE would only be gathering information...certainly not giving suggestions!

Had he already told them that there were "marital problems"? That is always a red flag IMO.

I can't imagine LE telling him not to call her family. At that point in the investigation, LE would only be gathering information...certainly not giving suggestions!

Had he already told them that there were "marital problems"? That is always a red flag IMO.

Right and it's a red flag if he doesn't mention it, too.

is (or was) scott heider ever brad's boss at cisco?

From Bob&Bob's post above--

It sounds like neither one of them knew Carrie's last name or phone number.

Even though JA was training with C and N for a marathon later that summer. According to JA's
affadavit (#8).

I thought this was odd, too.

From the affidavits, he went looking for Nancy (& told Jessica this) and Jessica called 911 because she was worried about her friend. I believe it states that the police were at his house when he returned from looking for, so no need to call 911 again. Honestly, before this case, I really did think that an adult had to be missing 24 hrs before police would get involved.

People criticized for him not searching and he states LE told him it was better for him to stick around the house. Only BC and LE know the truth about this.

Did he ask someone to call her family or did LE tell him not to? We don't know anything more than what's in the affidavits and the statements given to the press. Obviously LE isn't saying anything at this point.

I thought someone had to be missing 24 hours before the police would get involved too.

She didn't have money for food and basics, Yet she had money to buy $150 dresses for two little girls? And, be their number 1 customer?
None of this makes sense anymore....
IMO

It makes me wonder if there was something to the story of her exaggerating.

In Jessica Adam's affadavit, the named Carrie as Carrie Clarke and said that the three of them would run together and she thought it was odd that NC and CC went without her or without telling her.

I think Jessica tells some tall tales herself.

Maybe she had been their number 1 customer and BC had recently cut her off. Or maybe she'd been doing the painting to pay for things like the dresses. I know when I was low on $$$ my kids came first. Just a thought.

One point I haven't seen mentioned yet...(but maybe missed it)

Brad says he had a scheduled tennis match at 9:30 a.m. which makes me very suspicious of his not being worried or just plain pissed, when she isn't home to take over kid duty at around 9. You just have to know, given his obsessive sporting ways, that he would have told her about his match before she left for her run to assure she would be there to take over. If she wasn't planning on bringing the girls with her to paint, then she would have replied, I can't - I'm going to Jessica's at 8:00. - in which case he would have been worried not to see her at home even earlier and he would have canceled his tennis match earlier, imo. The bit about stopping to get coffee is silly. He admitted she doesn't carry anything (as in money to pay for coffee) but a stick of gum with her on her runs. And I don't buy that he didn't know Carey's last name. And do we know if he checked her contacts list on her cellphone for her number? IF the phone was in the car, then I'm guessing the answer is no.

One point I haven't seen mentioned yet...(but maybe missed it)

Brad says he had a scheduled tennis match at 9:30 a.m. which makes me very suspicious of his not being worried or just plain pissed, when she isn't home to take over kid duty at around 9. You just have to know, given his obsessive sporting ways, that he would have told her about his match before she left for her run to assure she would be there to take over. If she wasn't planning on bringing the girls with her to paint, then she would have replied, I can't - I'm going to Jessica's at 8:00. - in which case he would have been worried not to see her at home even earlier and he would have canceled his tennis match earlier, imo. The bit about stopping to get coffee is silly. He admitted she doesn't carry anything (as in money to pay for coffee) but a stick of gum with her on her runs. And I don't buy that he didn't know Carey's last name. And do we know if he checked her contacts list on her cellphone for her number? IF the phone was in the car, then I'm guessing the answer is no.

Hi SusieClue, cute name and welcome to websleuths! :)

I haven't read all of this thread but just wanted to comment.

IMO, I THINK they may have gotten in their LAST disagreement just over that mornings schedule. He wanted to play tennis and she had already made plans to paint. For money I might add, because he was PUNISHING her for not wanting to stay with him anymore!

Grrr,
Oh, JMHO
fran

;)

Hi SusieClue, cute name and welcome to websleuths! :)

I haven't read all of this thread but just wanted to comment.

IMO, I THINK they may have gotten in their LAST disagreement just over that mornings schedule. He wanted to play tennis and she had already made plans to paint. For money I might add, because he was PUNISHING her for not wanting to stay with him anymore!

Grrr,
Oh, JMHO
fran

;)

Hi fran. That makes sense. Are you thinking this argument happened right after the party?? I believe that whatever happened it took place post-party and not at 6 am. Sometimes the littlest arguments can turn into the biggest. I would love to know from Jessica Adams if Nancy had intended to bring her children to paint. If that was her intention, he shouldn't have been upset, right? :waitasec:

I can't imagine she'd take children that small with her to paint unless there would be someone there to watch them for her. That's a messy job that can spell disaster very quickly with toddlers around. Plus as a mother you really wouldn't want to expose them to the fumes.

I'm betting an argument occured after the party which got out of hand. Since she mentioned the night before that she was planning on getting a run in the next morning, she likely also mentioned that plan to BC before or during the possible argument. Since BC obviously felt comfortable controlling her finances, etc. he could have told her she wasn't budging from the house the next day. Which, were it me, would've made me livid with him. I can totally see this escalating into something physical with BC losing control. And if NC did mention in the course of the argument that she'd planned on jogging that morning, BC could see this as a perfect out for the reason she was gone from the house the next day.

I'm sure he thought he had it all worked out. The #%&@!?!

JMO

I can't imagine she'd take children that small with her to paint unless there would be someone there to watch them for her. That's a messy job that can spell disaster very quickly with toddlers around. Plus as a mother you really wouldn't want to expose them to the fumes.

I'm betting an argument occured after the party which got out of hand. Since she mentioned the night before that she was planning on getting a run in the next morning, she likely also mentioned that plan to BC before or during the possible argument. Since BC obviously felt comfortable controlling her finances, etc. he could have told her she wasn't budging from the house the next day. Which, were it me, would've made me livid with him. I can totally see this escalating into something physical with BC losing control. And if NC did mention in the course of the argument that she'd planned on jogging that morning, BC could see this as a perfect out for the reason she was gone from the house the next day.

JMO

True about not wanting to bring the kids, but, I could see her getting to the point where she doesn't even tell him that she is going to be doing the painting for money (given what we've heard about him (supposedly) not giving her as much money since she "has her own".) I am sure there comes a point in a marriage that is doomed such as this one was- when neither party shares much about their plans at all, other than what is necessary to arrange for the children's care. I have the feeling she was trying to set aside some money he wouldn't know about. And if it meant keeping some level of peace at home - so he could go play tennis - I would do the same - take the kids. I'm assuming that their exposure to paint fumes would be less toxic than the environment at home anyway when old Brad was not happy. Whether he proves to be the murderer or not, I feel so badly about what she had to deal with from this man that was supposed to be honoring and protecting her.
:mad:

Hi fran. That makes sense. Are you thinking this argument happened right after the party?? I believe that whatever happened it took place post-party and not at 6 am. Sometimes the littlest arguments can turn into the biggest. I would love to know from Jessica Adams if Nancy had intended to bring her children to paint. If that was her intention, he shouldn't have been upset, right? :waitasec:

It's been reported that he attended the party earlier in the evening and left with the children, leaving Nancy at the get together. It's then reported that Nancy left just after 12:00.

Now, seeing that Brad, by his own admission, is not normally done with his day until 1:00 a.m., I'm going to do the unthinkable and ASSume he was still up when Nancy returned. I'm also going to ASSume there MAY have been a confrontation at that time.

One thing leads to another, wham!

Now this opens up unplanned, premeditated. I'm putting my money on.........ummmmm.........premeditated.

Remember the list. To do list, take care of, where are they?

Will
Insurance policies
Bank accounts
Blue book

I believe there was one more item on the 'list,' but I forget what it was. It was after discovery of this list, Nancy was 'afraid,' and began sleeping with the children, behind a locked door, with her clothes on and car keys in her pocket. It was upon discovery of this list, her friends wanted her to leave ASAP, and stay with them. Nancy declined and.................

JMHO
fran

JMO

Hi and welcome to Websleuths! :)

IF you add in the 'list,' do you still think it's an argument that escalated out of control,.................or premeditated?

Just askin'
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members