Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
islanders said:
Did anyone catch what Mark Klaas said about John Ramsey and their family?

He claims the Ramsey’s hindered the investigation by not cooperating. He considers his daughter’s abduction the same as the Rams.

He also didn’t think Karr was credible and said no other pedophile left a ransom note.

If this is an intruder, which I think it was, Karr is nothing like Richard Alllen Davis.

At any rate I think Mark Klaas’s statements about the Rams is reprehensible.

This is so crazy.
I think Mark Klaas has perspective very few parents- fortunately-have. I think he is entitled to his opinion.

islanders said:

He claims the Ramsey’s hindered the investigation by not cooperating. He considers his daughter’s abduction the same as the Rams.

He also didn’t think Karr was credible and said no other pedophile left a ransom note.

If this is an intruder, which I think it was, Karr is nothing like Richard Alllen Davis.

This is so crazy.

I think 99% of LE accross the Country agree's with his statement. They didnt cooperate for whatever reason.

tybee204 said:
Other then the Michigan title the others were likely held in the Denver area.

Okay...I just thought it sounded like she might have traveled elsewhere for the "national"-sounding ones.

islanders said:

This is so crazy.

I agree with Mark Klaas...even if Karr did this crime, the Ramseys still behaved very suspiciously in the wake of the murder of their daughter.

The American Royal is held in Major Cities accross the Country. Its were ranchers etc show horses and cows etc . My kids used to attend the one held in Kansas City every year with the schools Future Farmers of America Club.

If you saw that Julia Roberts movie "Something to Talk about" that horse show was filmed at the American Royal held in GA.

IdahoMom said:
I think Mark Klaas has perspective very few parents- fortunately-have. I think he is entitled to his opinion.

I sure feel sorry for Mark Klaas and his family.

I always thought if an intruder could have done it to Polly one could have done it to JonBenet.

tybee204 said:
I think 99% of LE accross the Country agree's with his statement. They didnt cooperate for whatever reason.

I remember those first few days and thought it was out of hand how the media and BPD accused the victim’s family.

It happens in every high profile case. the families are usually adventually eliminated by cooperating with LE. The Ramseys didnt cooperate and LE was unable to eliminate them. That is what IMO has caused 10 years of speculation on forums and the media.

I value Mark Klass' opinion. And he is correct. The Ramseys were less than cooperative.

englishleigh said:
I agree with Mark Klaas...even if Karr did this crime, the Ramseys still behaved very suspiciously in the wake of the murder of their daughter.
Nice to hear your thoughts at the time.

I thought they were put on the defensive by base actuations.

islanders said:
I sure feel sorry for Mark Klaas and his family.

I always thought if an intruder could have done it to Polly one could have done it to JonBenet.
...and because of these and other cases I think alot of parents are more vigilant. I get up in the middle of the night almost every night and check on my kids- I've been doing it for years now because of these cases.

The process parents have to go through when their child is murdered or disapears is grueling. A childs world is much smaller then an adults and statistics show that a child is more often murdered by someone close. Those closest to a child have to be eliminated before the investigation expands. If those closest to the child refuse to cooperate or limit access it hampers the investigation from expanding. The Ramseys did hamper the investigation. I dont know if it was based on guilt or feeling they were above speculation. In murder no one is above speculation.

well thanks to learning of this Karr fellow, i now look over my shoulder while im at my desk, yell into the hallway for the kids to respond to my "just checking on them" they think im a lil paranoid now and i probably am, but hes jsut that damn weird!

I think it’s high time to limit the cheep shots at the Rams.

They had to defend themselves against the accusations of murdering their own daughter.

I’m sure no one here criticizing the Rams have ever been in that same situation.

I also think the prep. planned this to direct guilt to the family and was nothing like Davis.

islanders said:

They had to defend themselves against the accusations of murdering their own daughter.

I’m sure no one here criticizing the Rams have ever been in that same situation.

I also think the prep. planned this to direct guilt to the family and was nothing like Davis.

You would be wrong in your thought. We have many families of murder victims on WS. Many familes with missing children and loved ones etc. Many of us have first hand experience with crime investigations.

IdahoMom said:
...and because of these and other cases I think alot of parents are more vigilant. I get up in the middle of the night almost every night and check on my kids- I've been doing it for years now because of these cases.

When I grew up all of our bedrooms were on the same level.

I think a lot of parents want their children's bed room to be close to theirs.

They must feel guilty for this. Her mom cried and advised other mothers to keep careful watch over their children.

islanders said:

Mark Klass was certainly in that situation! Why is it a "cheap shot" to point out the obvious?

I’m sorry but in no way did the Rams defensive posture hamper the investigation. They begged the police to look at all leads. I think everyone did the best they could, but too much scrutiny was placed on the family from the get go. This in no fault of the Rams and in no way limited the scope of the investigation.

tybee204 said:
You would be wrong in your thought. We have many families of murder victims on WS. Many familes with missing children and loved ones etc. Many of us have first hand experience with crime investigations.

Please post some of your press coverage that resembles any thing like the Rams.

Scrutiny is place on every family from the get go. The family has to be cleared. What case didnt scrutinize the family first? What family didnt cooperate? What family refused to be interogated for months? Take Lie Detectors etc. Not Klass, Walsh , Lundsford, VanDamn. Those parents were cleared after brutal intergation and investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke