Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
islanders said:
Please post some of your press coverage that resembles any thing like the Rams.

Klass, Walsh , Lundsford, VanDamn

Google them.

Amster said:
Mark Klass was certainly in that situation! Why is it a "cheap shot" to point out the obvious?

I call it a cheap shot because this was a different crime.

Why don’t you consider what it would be like to be in their shoes.

I would also disagree that the family being responsible is the obvious.

Hundreds of children were abducted in Colorado that year alone. It’s not far fetched to think some insane intruder killed JBR.

From what I have also heard Karr has been advised to keep his mouth shut from now on.

Also, it seems likely if he even ends up going to trial (we're not even there yet)...that most likely he will plead not guilty in some manner. He has been heavily advised to do this...that is, if things get to that point.

More one listens to the talk around him, the more it seems nothing Karr says can be taken at face value right now.

islanders said:

Hundreds of children were abducted in Colorado that year alone. It’s not far fetched to think some insane intruder killed JBR.

No but a investigation starts in the childs home and expands out. If the family doesnt provide the information it stalls the investigation from expanding and crucial evidense can be lost. Leads become cold. That is why its essential that parents work diligently with LE so the investigation can expand out.

Amster said:
And, may I add, the Smarts of Utah.

Well so far only Mark Klass claimed no pedophile has left a ransom note.

I don’t see the other families criticizing the Rams.

This is a unique crime. And the intense accusations directed at the Rams from the media and police had more to do with the Rams reaction than their own desire to find the truth.

The Rams have taken on every chump and crack pot who has accused them and are now finally getting to the truth.

Cynthia Macfaden on nightline said they were told late this evening that JMK has not been charged with any crimes that hes merely being investigated. I believe it was the last thing she said on nightline. i know i heard her say that though.

tybee204 said:
No but a investigation starts in the childs home and expands out. If the family doesnt provide the information it stalls the investigation from expanding and crucial evidense can be lost. Leads become cold. That is why its essential that parents work diligently with LE so the investigation can expand out.

The accusations by the police and media were way beyond reason and put the Rams on the defensive.

The police should and did operate on all fronts. They didn’t just throw their hands up in the air and not work in the days, weeks and months following the murder, because the Rams maintained their innocence.

Time to put the pitch forks back in the barn.

Islanders
I dont have any idea who commited this crime. I am of the opinion that the investigation was hampered by the family. I dont know if it was based on covering up or arrogance and feeling that they by right should be above speculation. As I said before, In murder no person regardless of station in life is above being investigated for their childs murder.

ragland said:
Cynthia Macfaden on nightline said they were told late this evening that JMK has not been charged with any crimes that hes merely being investigated. I believe it was the last thing she said on nightline. i know i heard her say that though.
That is true. The warrant is charging him with the counts of kidnap and murder, but formal charges have not been filed as of yet. CO must file within 72 hours of taking custody of him. If they do not they must release him. They can always file at a future date if they should need to.

islanders said:
The accusations by the police and media were way beyond reason and put the Rams on the defensive.

The police should and did operate on all fronts. They didn’t just throw their hands up in the air and not work in the days, weeks and months following the murder, because the Rams maintained their innocence.

IMO the Ramseys focus should have been clearing themselves as suspects opening the doors for a wider investigation. As I said google high profile child murder cases. Every investigation starts with the family

islanders said:

I think the killer has to be a sadistic pedophile that developed a complete obsession with Jon Benet, and most likely stalked her for some time before committing this atrocity. This murder is completely off of the charts. There are certainly pedophiles that murder little children, but I don't know of many cases that are quite like this. where the perp spent a lengthy period of time in the home, performing ghastly acts on a six year old girl, all while the parents, and her brother, slept upstairs.

JBean said:
That is true. The warrant is charging him with the counts of kidnap and murder, but formal charges have not been filed as of yet. CO must file within 72 hours of taking custody of him. If they do not they must release him. They can always file at a future date if they should need to.
There is no statue of limitations on murder. If they dont file and California keeps him they probably have a year before he hits the streets

tybee204 said:
There is no statue of limitations on murder. If they dont file and California keeps him they probably have a year before he hits the streets
at least.

tybee204 said:
Islanders
I dont have any idea who commited this crime. I am of the opinion that the investigation was hampered by the family. I dont know if it was based on covering up or arrogance and feeling that they by right should be above speculation. As I said before, In murder no person regardless of station in life is above being investigated for their childs murder.

Well I agree with your assessment, but I remember the days and weeks that followed the murder and it was nothing like the Polly Klasss murder. The police and media were all after the family from the get go. I have never seen anything like the JBR murder case. I think this had more to do with the families so called non cooperation.

I think the Rams could have been charged with the crime while the Klaas’s family would have never in a million years been charged with the abduction of their daughter.

It was not the same at all.

Thanks for your response.

islanders said:

Islander
I know many many parents who would give everything they have if LE would come in to their homes and tear their lives apart, hook them up to lie detectors, comb over every financial record, phone record and get the media to talk and speculate about their family. If that is the sacrifice required they would take it in a minute to get LE to investigate their cases, search for their missing children, they would offer it 10 fold. Hand deliver it to LE with flowers and chocolate.

islanders said:
Well I agree with your assessment, but I remember the days and weeks that followed the murder and it was nothing like the Polly Klasss murder. The police and media were all after the family from the get go. I have never seen anything like the JBR murder case. I think this had more to do with the families so called non cooperation.

I think the Rams could have been charged with the crime while the Klaas’s family would have never in a million years been charged with the abduction of their daughter.

It was not the same at all.

Thanks for your response.
Big difference in the cases. Polly Klaas's two girlfriends were there, and saw her abductor, so Mark Klaas wasn't playing in the same crime ballpark as John, and Patsy, Ramsey, were. It's oranges and apples as far as i am concerned.

Buzzm1 said:
Big difference in the cases. Polly Klaas's two girlfriends were there, and saw her abductor, so Mark Klaas wasn't playing in the same crime ballpark as John, and Patsy, Ramsey, were. It's oranges and apples as far as i am concerned.
You're right, Buzz. Even so, Mark Klaas was treated with suspicion anyway and submitted to a polygraph immediately.

I have to add to the chorus...the Ramsey's hindered the investigation from the get-go. They made themselves look guilty, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke