Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jbean...You, woman, are a class act! :blowkiss:

Tybee...You, woman, are strong as nails. I'm glad your daughter was found. I think I would end up in a mental hospital or prison if one of my children was taken from me! Thank God you had the presence of mind...that you are still "here"! Once again, I am in awe and grateful for the amazing people whose company I am in here.

:sings "Kumbaya" loudly and offkey:

LaMer said:
I've been busy ;)

I was doing some leafing thru PMPT, L. Schiller. Page 197, "The Ramseys spent the summer of 1996 in Charlevoix and Atlanta, where JonBenet entered the Sunburst Pageant, which cost Patsy over a thousand dollars in entry fees.

Then checking the, ACandyRose's site, 'Timeline', it also states JonBenet attended the Sunburst Pageant in Atlanta, Georgia on 8/13/96. DOI, p 59.

Did JMK become aware of JonBenet from her participation in a pageant in Atlanta? Just a guess. I would imagine, from the articles etc which came up when Googling, JonBenet's Sunburst title was in the news in the Atlanta area.

Also, ACandyRose's site, in the 'Timeline' there is a line which denotes a guest list for the 12/23/96 Christmas party. Noted with a 'T' for transcripts. From what I could tell, the list is not available online.

Also in my reading, there was mention of a Ramsey Corporate Christmas party. It did not mention if this was held in Atlanta or in Boulder. I was left with the impression it was in Atlanta, as there was mention of pageant brochures found everywhere in the office. This might have been when they still had an office in Atlanta. So maybe there was another Christmas party.

I'm seriously wondering if the Sunburst Pageant in Atlanta marked the beginning of JMK's obsession with JonBenet? 1996!

:waitasec: -sorry is this was already posted--
JMK was living in Hamilton, Alabama at that time, 236 miles from Atlanta.

Amster said:
Most parents would. How many months passed before the Ramseys took a poly.....by a guy they hired....and how many months passed before they submitted to an interview? On their terms, of course. As I recall, the BPD tried to be compassionate and allow a day or 2 before interviewing them....and during that time, they lawyered up.
I would never pass a poly, I know it. I have been tested in the past and evrything looks bad. A poly would scare me to death, mostly if I were innocent.
I cannot even get through a simple EKG without the tech askling me what is wrong.

JBean said:
I would never pass a poly, I know it. I have been tested in the past and evrything looks bad. A poly would scare me to death, mostly if I were innocent.
I cannot even get through a simple EKG without the tech askling me what is wrong.
You've been in hyperdrive too long JBean.

tybee204 said:
LE Can be rediculous. It all falls with training. It took several months , the FBI, Private Investigators and Out of State LE to find my child and bring her home. Local LE were backwoods bumpkins whose job qualification was who they were related to and how closely that tree branched..

Tybee, I'm so sorry to hear what you and your child had to endure. I would have been out of my mind.

I agree LE can be ridiulous and also stupid! I had an experience with local LE, and they were beyond stupid. They weren't related, but were the popular football heroes in the town, with nothing in their brains.

I had to go above their heads to get action. It worked, Thank God! A few were fired too!

tybee204 said:
We are 7 years into this and still have not gone to trial. The defendant is unable to aid in their defense and remains in the State Hospital.
Tybee..that is a tough story. Will you ever go to trial do you think?

Anita: lol! as are you lady.

Buzzm1 said:
JMK was living in Hamilton, Alabama at that time, 236 miles from Atlanta.

Thanks Buzz, that is close enough. Just a few hours away, compared to Boulder! A long shot but HEY! Look where we are now, who would've thunk it?

Buzzm1 said:
You've been in hyperdrive too long JBean.
you've go that right Buzz...I have shy bladder too. can't pee for the pee test. if I were to be drug tested they would think I was on drugs for sure.

JBean said:
Tybee..that is a tough story. Will you ever go to trial do you think?

Anita: lol! as are you lady.

Probably not. The person is charged with 2nd degree murder as well. Staying crazy is safer. We attend every competancy hearing just to stare daggers and let the person know we will never ever forget.

Watching the NG repeat on CNN....he said the Hutchins woman is best friends with that Davis that killed Polly....a death row groupie.

He's disgusted that Polly has become a part of this horrible mess. I don't blame him.

oooops....Mark Klass is "he" :o

tybee204 said:
Jessical Lundsford was kidnapped from her bedroom . Her father and grandparents lived in the house. They under went intensive scrutiny with the police and the media. Every aspect of their lives was researched, past arrests, finances , the grandparents in the media and publics eye were good for it because grandpa had a record and Grandma failed the first Lie Detector. After extensive investigation they were cleared and Little jessica was found buried at the hands of a phedophile in the neighborhood.

had the family refused to cooperate and not been willing to be put through the ringer LE may have not expanded their investigation because on the surface the family looked good for the crime.

Well...they did not have to expand thier investigation too far, she was right across the street the whole time.

Yes, they co-operated, but lots of people didnt believe they were innocent until the skum ball was caught.

tybee204 said:
LE Can be rediculous. It all falls with training. It took several months , the FBI, Private Investigators and Out of State LE to find my child and bring her home. Local LE were backwoods bumpkins whose job qualification was who they were related to and how closely that tree branched..
I wish you had half the publicity the Rams got if it could have brought your daughter back sooner. I sure don’t like these perps who abduct and kill innocent daughters and children.

Unfotunatly there is a lot of abductions and lot of domestic abuse. I guess in some ways were are arguing about which one is more relevant with the Rams, but we all agree that both are reprehensible. I just happened to assess the Rams as an intuder and too much accusations against them, the victoms.

islanders said:
I wish you had half the publicity the Rams got if it could have brought your daughter back sooner. I sure don’t like these perps who abduct and kill innocent daughters and children.

Unfotunatly there is a lot of abductions and lot of domestic abuse. I guess in some ways were are arguing about which one is more relevant with the Rams, but we all agree that both are reprehensible. I just happened to assess the Rams as an intuder and too much accusations against them, the victoms.

I just feel had they fully cooperated this crime had a better chance of being solved a long time ago. In their stall tactics to protect themselves, trails and leads to an intruder may have ran cold.

lostfaith said:
Well...they did not have to expand thier investigation too far, she was right across the street the whole time.

Yes, they co-operated, but lots of people didnt believe they were innocent until the skum ball was caught.

There are still people who believe the Van Dams are guilty and Westerfield got the shaft. Go figure :waitasec:

lostfaith said:

This is the same story for most high profile missing children. Take a good hard look at Elizabeth Smart's family. Even though we know who took her there are still skeptics that believe her father sold her to this crazy guy. It was printed in the media that the father was gay, involved in a sex ring, drugs, sold her for polygamy, etc. Nothing was farther from the truth. And then when the father had a real nervous breakdown and had to be hospitalized it was said to be staged and faked. They tore this family to shreds. But amazingly it's this very same family and some of the things that they were criticized for that has helped Elizabeth heal and be the wonderful woman she is today. She is amazing and her family is totally amazing. I give both Ed and Lois so much credit. They took the crap but they never gave up looking for their daughter.

I realize that the Ramsey's were not like the Smarts but they also knew they had a dead daughter right off the bat where a lot of these families don't find that out for some period of time.

I'm still completely on the fence over who did it. I am trying to be patient to see how the LE and DA's handle Karr's case. I still think there must be something they have that they're holding close to their sleeves and not letting the media know. Something that will show why they are leaning towards him. But I will just wait and see.

tybee204 said:
I just feel had they fully cooperated this crime had a better chance of being solved a long time ago. In their stall tactics to protect themselves, trails and leads to an intruder may have ran cold.

If this turns out to be JMK, nothing would have resolved this sooner. He thought he was safe halfway around the world and couldn’t keep his mouth shut.

If anyone can indicate how this case could have been solved sooner, please present your case. Otherwise it is just more Ram bashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke