Breaking News Archive - 20th - 26th Aug

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrea,false confessions are a mainstay in famous cases--Lindbergh kidnapping,Boston Strangler etc. --Karr's reason for falsely confessing is only known to him--but the desire for worldwide attention is one reason--true losers have been motivated by this thruout history--Remember Mark david chapman's comment after the senseless killing of John Lennon: "They changed history and I changed them"--Lee harvey oswald is another,James earl ray,--remember Son of Sam/ biggest story of 1977,taunting police with notes/--losers all who thrived on being noticed

Floh,i was being a little sarcastic because JR threatened to leave the country cuz of renewed media attention--he wanted to leave right after JB's murder too--run away run away JR

What could possibly happen today? How about the maid who cleaned his apartment said she once found his ESTROGEN, laughed and was chastised by him for not having better manners.

www.denverpost.com/jonbenet/ci_4223177

So he did already start the hormones for the sex change he planned.

Not to mention how he demanded his bed be perfectly made and didn't want the sink touched...read the story. This is a bizarre man....along with his other disorders I think we can add OCD.

imo...neither one of her parents treated her as a human child, the way they dolled her ''up'' and put her on display. these are sophisticated people. they did not come from the back woods. patsy had plenty of experience of what a female endures as a beauty queen, so for her to put a child as young and undeveloped as her daughter in an experience of this kind at such a vunerable age is a crime in itself. why would anyone be surprised at these two distancing themselves from the tragic murder?

Peter Hamilton said:
Floh,i was being a little sarcastic because JR threatened to leave the country cuz of renewed media attention--he wanted to leave right after JB's murder too--run away run away JR

So no plane trip reported, then?

i mixed things up because i thought this may be a fact thread.

aspidistra said:
What could possibly happen today? How about the maid who cleaned his apartment said she once found his ESTROGEN, laughed and was chastised by him for not having better manners.

www.denverpost.com/jonbenet/ci_4223177

So he did already start the hormones for the sex change he planned.

Not to mention how he demanded his bed be perfectly made and didn't want the sink touched...read the story. This is a bizarre man....along with his other disorders I think we can add OCD.

Certainly an extraordinary man, indeed.

and this:

Tumrongsiskul said Karr read "Dead Man Walking," a chronicle of Sister Helen Prejean's experience with death- row inmates, while awaiting deportation.

so on top of everything else, i would surmise he's a drama queen.

i believe he's dreamed of persecution and his fantasy is playing out quite nicely, for him - with the get-out clause, i believe, it will soon be demonstrated he did not murder JonBenet and he won't go down for it.

so he'll have this experience, of being locked up for murder to draw upon for the rest of his fantasy life.

sad b*stard.

unless he did do it, of course! :doh:

The attorney, who said she and Van Zandt, would be advising Karr in some capacity, said Karr was "not subject to ready categorization or easy answers."

"You've heard the expression, `He marches to the beat of a different drummer?' John Karr marches to the beat of a different drummer," Harmon said.

She described him as intelligent and unusual.

"He is a different sort of person than most of us walking around on the face of the planet, and that differentness has been construed in the media as wrong or somehow unbalanced," she said. "And I don't find that to be true at all. I found him to be very engaging, very bright, very articulate and very, very much appropriate in his emotional response to what is going on."

Bright, engaging, very articulate and very much appropriate in his emotionial response to what was going on ---- hmmm, that throws an insanity plea out the window, lol!

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_...s/20060816163809990004?ncid=NWS00010000000001

marly56 said:
imo...neither one of her parents treated her as a human child, the way they dolled her ''up'' and put her on display. these are sophisticated people. they did not come from the back woods. patsy had plenty of experience of what a female endures as a beauty queen, so for her to put a child as young and undeveloped as her daughter in an experience of this kind at such a vunerable age is a crime in itself. why would anyone be surprised at these two distancing themselves from the tragic murder?
Right marly, and the best present PR could think of for her girl on Christmas was a little doll copy of herself, tobad JB didn't like it. Maybe she was tired of being treated like a doll.

i thought the same thing, if they were looking for an out...they just shot themselves in the foot. the interviews theyve done on tv seem to lock things in pretty tight that he wont be going for the insanity defense. you rarely see attys do that in a capital murder charge.

ragland said:
i thought the same thing, if they were looking for an out...they just shot themselves in the foot. the interviews theyve done on tv seem to lock things in pretty tight that he wont be going for the insanity defense. you rarely see attys do that in a capital murder charge.

I have a weird feeling they were not looking for an out. I think they think he did it. They might have shot any future Colorado defense attorney who may represent Karr in the foot, but I think they think he did it and I think he really doesn't want a defense in CO and may have told them so.

One way or another.......

Both sides are FUBAR'd as a result of this. This case dies and we might as well shut the boards down after whatever transpires in CO.

If he did it, he is screwed because he has two attorneys, HIS ATTORNEYS, who not only state that he is sane but that he is pissed about being called insane. Any prosecutor would subpoena them and get them in at trial.

If he didn't, the proecution is going to have a hard time saying "well, we thought it was Karr but realized it wasn't. We now think it was XXXX".

Cal

What if Karr, against the advice of his attorneys, pleads guilty but isn't? Karr may seem like a lucid person to the average LE officer, but they are not psychiatrists.

Well it might take more than a Handwriting analyst to solve the mystery of is Karr the guy.

The article does say that "sniping" is common in the field. But if this turns into a he said she said on handwriting, then I for one hope that they have more than handwriting.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4937378,00.html
A handwriting analyst who said he is 99.9 percent certain that John Mark Karr wrote the JonBenet Ramsey ransom note was disqualified as an expert witness earlier this year by a federal judge who challenged his expertise.

Georgia Federal District Court Judge Clay Land wrote that analyst Curtis Baggett was not certified by several industry groups, had not undergone proficiency tests and had not authored texts in the field of handwriting analysis. In comparison to another expert witness, Land said Baggett's qualifications "are clearly paltry."

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/LegalCenter/story?id=2345711

Ray also told "Good Morning America" that Karr frequently talked about young girls.

"He had fantasies about little girls he would talk to me about," she said.

Still, Ray's parents said they discovered letters Karr wrote to their daughter that were signed "S.B.T.C." — the same initials found on a ransom note left in the Ramseys' home.

Reflecting on her relationship and marriage to Karr, Ray said she wishes police would have intervened, as her parents had requested.

TexMex said:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/LegalCenter/story?id=2345711

Ray also told "Good Morning America" that Karr frequently talked about young girls.

"He had fantasies about little girls he would talk to me about," she said.

Still, Ray's parents said they discovered letters Karr wrote to their daughter that were signed "S.B.T.C." — the same initials found on a ransom note left in the Ramseys' home.

Reflecting on her relationship and marriage to Karr, Ray said she wishes police would have intervened, as her parents had requested.
If they have those letters and they are signed SBTC that for me would be one super big dot in the connect the dots of this case!!!!

poco said:
The attorney, who said she and Van Zandt, would be advising Karr in some capacity, said Karr was "not subject to ready categorization or easy answers."

"You've heard the expression, `He marches to the beat of a different drummer?' John Karr marches to the beat of a different drummer," Harmon said.

She described him as intelligent and unusual.

"He is a different sort of person than most of us walking around on the face of the planet, and that differentness has been construed in the media as wrong or somehow unbalanced," she said. "And I don't find that to be true at all. I found him to be very engaging, very bright, very articulate and very, very much appropriate in his emotional response to what is going on."

Bright, engaging, very articulate and very much appropriate in his emotionial response to what was going on ---- hmmm, that throws an insanity plea out the window, lol!

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_...s/20060816163809990004?ncid=NWS00010000000001

I do not intend in any way to compare Karr to Ted Bundy, but he had those attributes. Off-kilter plus smart is not an unusual combination.

islanders said:
What parents are you talking about?

What you are missing is that the LE and media accused the Rams over and over and putthe Rams on the defensive. This is a fact unlike any other case.
It was clear by the 26th that BPD were targetting the Ramseys to the exclusion of anyone else. It was clear to their friend Mike Bynam who, on the 26th, offered his services to represent them. It was not Ramsey guilt that helped delay the date of their formal interviews, it was Bynam protecting them from over zealous detectives.

dragonfly707 said:
If they have those letters and they are signed SBTC that for me would be one super big dot in the connect the dots of this case!!!!
If you play the video, it states that she (the mother) remembers seeing the signature SBTC it says nothing as to do they have the letters.

The mother was clearly unsettled and traumatized by her daughters relationship with Karr, her memory of the events surrounding the letters could easily be called into question.

narlacat said:
Not only the same day but within an hour of her body being found.
Back home to where the rest of their family was. What is so un-natural about that? There was no-one as close to them as that in Boulder. John had already endured the death of one daughter, maybe that was why he left JonBenet's body behind, common sense took over. There was nothing more he could do for her, and he had Patsy and Burke to think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke