Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
islanders said:
I’m sorry but in no way did the Rams defensive posture hamper the investigation. They begged the police to look at all leads. I think everyone did the best they could, but too much scrutiny was placed on the family from the get go. This in no fault of the Rams and in no way limited the scope of the investigation.
I am just getting caught up from last night. How can you say what the Ramsey went through was no fault of thiers? If from day one they would have cooperate with the PD they would not have looked so bad.And can you tell me why when JBR was found in the basement why her dad carried her upstairs? That right there is destroying the crime scene.

JBean said:
You better belive you should. I know for a fact that I would. No doubt in my mind. If I had the slightest notion that I was suspect in a murder in my home, my mouth would be shut and my lawyer would do the talking for me.
Yes, I agree. But the lawyer never talked did he? Did he work with the police? I got the impression that the police got nothing from the Ramsey's except the two interviews. I don't know for certain so any response to this would be appreciated.

Lawyer up but keep helping the police.

JDB said:
I am just getting caught up from last night. How can you say what the Ramsey went through was no fault of thiers? If from day one they would have cooperate with the PD they would not have looked so bad.And can you tell me why when JBR was found in the basement why her dad carried her upstairs? That right there is destroying the crime scene.
JDB, I heard John respond to this on LKL the other night when he was showing an old interview. This is what he said:

J. RAMSEY: I don't remember the sequence. I picked JonBenet up, I carried her upstairs.

KING: The police officer didn't complain about that?

J. RAMSEY: No.

KING: No? Because usually...

P. RAMSEY: It all happened so fast.

J. RAMSEY: Listen, I found my daughter. You know, I wasn't going to step back and say...

KING: I know. I am a father.

J. RAMSEY: ...oops, I am not going to touch this. This is a crime scene. I had found my precious daughter, and I was -- thank God, I found her.

KING: Did you try anything to revive her, CPR?

J. RAMSEY: I took the tape off her mouth, I tried to untie her arms. They were very tightly bound. I couldn't get the knot unbound and then I just -- I picked her up and I just screamed, the kind of scream you scream in a dream when you -- you're trying to speak, but you can't. It's just a scream.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0608/20/lkl.01.html

Personally, I would have done the same as him.

I will fall off of my chair if Karr is the actual perp in the Jon Benet murder.

The reasons that I feel this way are:

In 1996, as compared to now, Karr was very much in his infancy in his young girls fantasy.

While it is true that he had just been dismissed from a substitue position for being overly friendly to young female students, he hadn't, as of that time, as far as we know, yet begun to become the outwardly weird, and totally obsessed, individual, he is today.

The person he is today, most likely possesses the attributes needed to commit the Jon Benet murder type of crime.

The person that he was in 1996 wasn't even close to being able to commit that type of crime.

In 2000, with his moving his family to Petaluma, CA, JMK was apparently more obsessed with the Polly Klass murder, than he was with the Jon Benet murder.

MrsMush99 said:
J. RAMSEY: I took the tape off her mouth, I tried to untie her arms. They were very tightly bound. I couldn't get the knot unbound and then I just .
Untied her arms?? I didn't know her arms were tied..

MrsMush99 said:
....Personally, I would have done the same as him.
You and me both!

I cannot imagine ANY parent finding their child's body and just walking away from it - thinking "crime scene". I would have, at the least, bent down and pulled that child into my arms and cried and screamed like hell had opened up!"

JDB said:

The police were at the house twice that morning. The Rams called them right away. The police simply didn’t search the entire house and immediately assumed this was an abduction.

The police botched the investigation from the beginning. But you and the other Ram criticizers have tunnel vision.

Wudge said:
I do not intend in any way to compare Karr to Ted Bundy, but he had those attributes. Off-kilter plus smart is not an unusual combination.
On Larry King, one of his previous lawyers was into the whole "different drummer" thing, like he's just different, he sees the world differently, as if, "not that there's anything wrong with that!" Which would be tolerable if he never harmed anyone, but if he did, that lawyer has really been conned.
One of the psychiatrists on CourTV was talking about evaluating him for BPD - I guess the diagnosis doesn't matter much, but his ability to con and manipulate and seem harmless to some has apparently been working for him to an extent. And it fits with his obsessiveness, his ultraordiliness, and his fury that anyone would suggest he's insane...
His first wife says everything changed after the wedding - she probably saw his other side creepy maybe murderous -- the guy had no qualms drugging her (control) - he planned it and did it with premeditation, and was relatively young then himself. He was threatening enough to persuade a mother of 3 to deliver twins at home, knowing the dangers, choosing his crazy thinking even over the life of his daughters.
Maybe there is a pitbull under the chihuahua exterior.

I am surprised that he would commit a crime though, risk an action that could get him put away, as opposed to trying to marry another child, because he must thoroughly detest jail conditions and separation from his obsessions.

Puzzling.

Buzzm1 said:
I will fall off of my chair if Karr is the actual perp in the Jon Benet murder.

The reasons that I feel this way are:

In 1996, as compared to now, Karr was very much in his infancy in his young girls fantasy.

While it is true that he had just been dismissed from a substitue position for being overly friendly to young female students, he hadn't, as of that time, as far as we know, yet begun to become the outwardly weird, and totally obsessed, individual, he is today.

The person he is today, most likely possesses the attributes needed to commit the Jon Benet murder type of crime.

The person that he was in 1996 wasn't even close to being able to commit that type of crime.

In 2000, with his moving his family to Petaluma, CA, JMK was apparently more obsessed with the Polly Klass murder, than he was with the Jon Benet murder.
I agree. Whatever is wrong with him, be it physical, mental or both, seems to be progressive. I think that is why the family is so shocked.

"Karr then said, 'There are so many ways to have sex,' then he went quiet," Thai Immigration chief Gen. Suwat Tumrongsiskul told CNN.

Oh no, it's Suwat again--probably making more stuff up, trying to extend his 15 minutes of fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMush99
....Personally, I would have done the same as him.

You and me both!

I cannot imagine ANY parent finding their child's body and just walking away from it - thinking "crime scene". I would have, at the least, bent down and pulled that child into my arms and cried and screamed like hell had opened up!"

I agree. I wouldn't be thinking 'Can't touch her..might contaminate the scene. I'd want to touch my baby to see if she was alive, hold her, love her, say good bye.

etc.

I watched the interview with the lady officer first assigned to the Ramseys' home to wait for the phone call, etc. and the whole process was faulty. It started with the first officer at the scene leaving. To leaving the lady officer there alone. To her her calling several times for back up and being told everyone was in a meeting, to when JonBenet was found and afterwards.

I thought in a suspected kidnapping the FBI was called????? The police acted like this was just some casual stroll in the park and that JonBenet was going to come waltzing back in the door.

I really believe that unless someone confesses and has actually proof they they did it, investigative practices will never be able to bring the perp to justice.

JonBenet Flimsy
As the case against John Mark Karr disintegrates, attention turns to CU prof Michael Tracey, who's fingered false suspects in the past.

DetailsWhile the case against John Mark Karr disintegrates by the minute, New Times has learned that this isn't the first time Colorado University Professor Michael Tracey has caused a stir by fingering a "prime suspect" in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case — only to be proved wrong.

In 2004, Tracey, a British expatriate journalism professor and documentarian, produced a film about the Ramsey murder that aired on British television but not in the United States. By then, however, Tracey was already considered a notorious developer of false leads by a large group of Internet sleuths who congregated at Forums for Justice, a website started by a radio disc jockey named Tricia Griffith.

"If you know the case and you watch Tracey's documentaries, they're filled with blatant lies. It's so easily proven," Griffith says from Park City, Utah, where she does radio and voiceover work. In Tracey's 2004 documentary, Who Killed the Pageant Queen?, the professor claimed to have stunning new evidence that was leading police to a previously unidentified "prime suspect." The documentary claimed that police were trying unsuccessfully to track down the man because he had gone "underground." Tracey's film didn't name the man, but a document was shown onscreen that purported to be a police record of the suspect, with the suspect's name and address blacked out.

Griffith says an alert viewer in Scotland recorded the show and was able to do a screen capture of the police report. The image included a document number, enough information for Griffith to track down her own copy of the document.

Tracey's "prime suspect" turned out to be John Steven Gigax, who was, in fact, an acquaintance of Michael Helgoth's, who, in "intruder" theories about the murder of JonBenet, was long considered a possible suspect.

However, contrary to Tracey's claim that Gigax was underground and untraceable, Griffith found him in ten minutes with a simple Google search. "He was selling jewelry on the Internet," Griffith says.

http://www.newtimesbpb.com/Issues/2006-08-17/news/jonbenet.html

Breaking news on MSNBC, Mr. Karr ate a hearty breakfast this morning and is still on suicide watch. :rolleyes: *YAWN*

MSNBC said about 1/2 hour ago that they have a new statement from Karr's family. They haven't mentioned it again though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke