Breaking on CNN

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"She clearly had a reason to arrest him for some very specific charges. She wouldn't have done so if he was just a kook with a fantastic story they were trying to eliminate as a suspect."

I'd like to believe that, calus, but the press conference that wasn't yesterday has me thinking that's what happened.

What could he possibly know that we don't? They said the autopsy report as released was complete.

I've learned a few things since last night about the case that shows the media is still not reporting the true picture about Karr as it has changed:

1} On post 472 of the Arrest #2 thread is this quote from the attorney of the ex-wife who is now saying she is not sure about him being there specifically on Christmas 1966: ""She cannot think of a Christmas while they were together when he was away from the family on Christmas day or immediately thereafter," said her attorney, Michael Rains, though he added she could not specifically recall Christmas 1996".

2} Suwat in Thailand has stated Karr never did state that he gave drugs to JonBenet. I just heard MSNBC report the no drugs in her system again. They ought to have printed updates to refresh themselves of new news! Errrgggh!!!

3} Last night on Scarborough Country they had a body language expert give her opinion of how his physical presence during the press conference in Thailand revealed to her he could fit the profile of being guilty by his demeanor including expressions on his face and his eye movements.

4} The photo of Karr as a child with this teddy bear that did mysteriously appear in JonBenet's room after she disappeared.

To me it is starting to look like in all the excitement of this arrest there were a few facts reported incorrectly and IMHO, he's looking better for the crime!

Unfortunately we have been warned by those who know the
DA that we will learn the answers to almost everything during trial and not before!

Scandi

I don't know - is it really a medical examiner's job to purposely leave stuff out of an autopsy?

The whacko told Tracey in an e-mail that he was wanted in 4 states for murder of little girls. I think that's why he is being brought in. Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Calif. IIRC. Yesterday, there were reports from Alabama about unsolved murders of little girls...the police chief (?) in Montgomery said he was contacted by BPD about Karr.

I'm beginning to think that this has less to do with JonBenet and more to do with Michael Tracey. The Boulder DA is able to check out a potential pedo freak and MT gets to promote his new book.

ssiegmund said:
I don't know - is it really a medical examiner's job to purposely leave stuff out of an autopsy?

Perhaps he released one report for the media and gave the police/DA an amended/official report that was not made public at the request of authorities?

That looks like another red herring. He says there's a childhood photo of him with a Christmas bear. But the story about the bear at her house is disputed. The parents claimed they never saw it, but the DA's office at the time said they found out the bear was part of a package that they'd never gotten around to. I think that's what happened.

Paladin said:
I'm still very skeptical. Sounds like a lucky guess to me, or that this guy would have studied similar deaths and applied what he learned to this crime scene. I'm not buying it yet.

I think this is interesting and might clear up a lot of the problems we have been having in believing this stuff:

But Lt. Gen. Suwat Tumrongsiskul of the Thai immigration police changed some details Friday of the account he had given of what Karr told investigators. In a telephone interview Thursday with The Associated Press, Suwat quoted Karr as saying he had sexually assaulted the girl and given her drugs. He also told reporters before a news conference Thursday that Karr had claimed to have picked up JonBenet at her school; the slaying occurred during Christmas break.

On Friday, Suwat confirmed to the AP his account of the sexual assault. But asked Friday if Karr gave the girl drugs, Suwat said the suspect described the encounter with JonBenet Ramsey as "a blur."

"It may have been drugs, or it may have been something else because (Karr said) it was a blur, blur," Suwat said.

Suwat also said Friday that his statement about the girl being picked from school was based on a documentary he had seen and not the interrogation

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,209163,00.html

Jodes said:
Scandi: Could you provide more info about the teddy bear?

Hi Jodes,

This is post #483 on the Arrest #2 thread by our SewingDeb:

"The teddy bear picture is mentioned in this link:
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/dr...4926302,00.html

In a related development Thursday, the Daily Camera reported that Tracey shared details of his research into the Ramsey case with students months before he alerted authorities.

The paper reported former students as saying that someone sent Tracey a childhood picture of himself holding a white Santa Claus teddy bear and purportedly taken on a Christmas morning. The stuffed animal was apparently just like the one that mysteriously showed up in JonBenet's bedroom and stumped the family and investigators."

Scandi

"And Karr's ex-wife, Lara Knutson, claims she was with her former husband in Alabama at the time of JonBenet's killing and she does not believe he was involved in the homicide."

That's the key, isn't it? She said today she will try to find some photos to prove it. We'll see.

SuperDave said:
"And Karr's ex-wife, Lara Knutson, claims she was with her former husband in Alabama at the time of JonBenet's killing and she does not believe he was involved in the homicide."

That's the key, isn't it? She said today she will try to find some photos to prove it. We'll see.

Two nights ago, she said she would look for exonerating photos.

Wudge said:
Two nights ago, she said she would look for exonerating photos.

Yeah...where are they? And the brother was supposed to be producing photos today. :waitasec:

I really do think he was in AL/GA at the time but perhaps he slipped away overnight when Lara thought he was in GA & the brother thought he was in AL w/ Lara...that's the only explanation if he did do it and was also thought to be in the South at the time.

SuperDave said:

I don't trust her.....she can't even say with any certainty whether she was in Alabama or Georgia for that Christmas. It isn't like we're asking her where she was in 1942 on July 9th.....

I still do not think that they prosecutors office---who has been looking at this guy for months---would have bothered to let the media circus start and potentially ruin the chances of any subsequent prosecution WITHOUT AT LEAST MAKING SURE THEY COULD PLACE HIM AT THE SCENE OF THE CRIME FIRST! I hope not, anyway.

Cal

There's an update on that info from the ex-wife Super Dave from the attorney she has just hired.

Now we are seeing the statement from Karr regarding him picking her up from school is not accurate info either. It was taken from a documentary.

So, wrong info so far that has been a lot of the reason people are doubting Karr could be the killer has been corrected:

1} ex-wife unsure if he was there Christmas '66
2} Karr did not say he drugged her
3} Karr did not say he picked JB up from school

Hi SewingDeb, I just brought your post over about the teddy bear but see the link is not the actual article or picture, but rather a directory for the paper. Can you repost that please? Thanks.

Scandi

It was the day before Christmas Eve 2005 when John Mark Karr sent an e-mail to University of Colorado professor Michael Tracey, seeking a strange favor.
He asked Tracey to visit JonBenet Ramsey's old house in Boulder and read aloud an ode he called JonBenet, My Love.

"JonBenet, my love, my life. I love you and shall forever love you. I pray that you can hear my voice calling out to you from my darkness - this darkness that now separates us," it read, in part.

The e-mail was part of a small sample of the often lurid and disturbing correspondence between a person that investigators believe to be Karr and Tracey. The e-mails were obtained Thursday by the Rocky Mountain News from a source close to the investigation.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4926302,00.html

Hi scandi

"I still do not think that they prosecutors office---who has been looking at this guy for months---would have bothered to let the media circus start and potentially ruin the chances of any subsequent prosecution WITHOUT AT LEAST MAKING SURE THEY COULD PLACE HIM AT THE SCENE OF THE CRIME FIRST! I hope not, anyway."

Well, we know that they didn't want to nab him at this point.

What updates are there?

We'll see in the future if it pans out, I guess.

SuperDave said:
"I still do not think that they prosecutors office---who has been looking at this guy for months---would have bothered to let the media circus start and potentially ruin the chances of any subsequent prosecution WITHOUT AT LEAST MAKING SURE THEY COULD PLACE HIM AT THE SCENE OF THE CRIME FIRST! I hope not, anyway."
Well, we know that they didn't want to nab him at this point.

What updates are there?

We'll see in the future if it pans out, I guess.

About the bolded part above, lets not forget, in her press conference, she said she didn't want the media aware yet (if we believe her). It was leaked to the media, then how could she have stopped it! Three gueses who leaked it, and I'm sure the prosecutors office wasn't happy, nor ready.

If she didn't want the info linked, why would she have told JR or LW? You would think she would have waited to tell them when she had something concrete and he was already back in the states. My understanding is that he had been under survalance for a couple of weeks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back