Brittany Murphy did not die of natural causes, lab report shows

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.examiner.com/article/exc...her-suspects-sharon-murphy-of-double-homicide

I believe the mother killed Brittany and her husband. And evidently Brittany's father also believes that.

Yes, too hinky that they all three lived in the same house together, Brittany and her husband both die from pneumonia and anemia, and the mother is the lone survivor and beneficiary. The mother, Sharon, had prescription drug bottles with Motlag as her last name. I think that they were all doing prescription drugs but Sharon was possibly switching out some of the pills for something else. Possibly caps filled with rat poison to cause the anemia and pneumonia. I wish they would reopen and do a thorough investigation.

Much ado about careless causes of death. Sad, sure, but unremarkable. People mishandle meds every day and die. Murder? Makes a better story though not a believable one. But people have to have something to watch.

Much ado about careless causes of death. Sad, sure, but unremarkable. People mishandle meds every day and die. Murder? Makes a better story though not a believable one. But people have to have something to watch.
We’re all entitled to our own opinion, and IMO, there was something more to these deaths than mere carelessness. Very suspicious.

Brittany Murphy’s sudden death at 32 still ‘puzzles' pathologist, says doc: ‘It was all very perplexing’

A lab report commissioned by Bertolotti showed the alarming presence of 10 potentially toxic heavy metals from a hair strand sample. It suggested that there was a possiblility Murphy didn’t die from natural causes but instead was poisoned.

L.A. county assistant chief coroner Ed Winter, who also participated in the documentary, previously told E! News he was aware of the independent lab testing, but said the metals present were due to Murphy coloring her hair.

She wasn’t poisoned, and we stand by the cause of death,” he told the outlet. “She died from over-the-counter medicines, pneumonia and anemia.”

Wecht said the findings of heavy metals should have been further investigated, as they “certainly could lead to problems.”

“Absolutely,” he said. “They don’t cause pneumonia, but they can produce all kinds of problems… Where would you get 10 heavy metals and why would you use them? She did dye her hair, but I don’t know if that was ever followed up in a scientific fashion, to get the hair dyes she died and have them chemically analyzed to confirm that. That’s not hard to do. That’s the kind of study that should have been done. But to my knowledge, it was never done.”

Is it impossible to rule out murder? Wecht said that’s hard to say.

“Yes, I would say that it’s impossible,” he explained. “But impossible is a strong word that I don’t like to use without absolute certainty. The one thing that is absolute in science and in forensic science is cellular DNA. I can’t rule out the impossibility, but I stand by what I said. Take into consideration how someone would have gained access to 10 different heavy metals. How would you put them together? Why were 10 put together instead of one or two? How did they get there? And it takes time to build up heavy metals in hair. It doesn’t just happen with one dose.”

I can only say what I’ve said before -- it’s not possible to completely rule out things,” he continued. “But you have to deal with the questions - questions that I feel were never truly answered.”

Last edited:
I wonder if they were tested for heavy metal poisoning, which can cause anemia?
Good question. And where would they get heavy metal poisoning from?
This cLuke well be the mystery of the century. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879
Back