Identified! NY - Bronx, Female body parts, Crotona Park, 23 Aug 2018 *Lisa Marie Velasquez* *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe it‘s not a person filed as missing at all or the perp disposed of the bags there because (s)he didn‘t want them in her/his neighborhood. I hope they will release more details on the UID soon.

looking at the google map (thank you for posting it) the park is right off of the Cross Bronx expressway which brings you right to the George Washington Bridge or Hamilton Bridge both which brings your right to New Jersey in no time. This woman could also be from NJ...just another thought I had while looking at the map.

I'm originally from NYC and I can tell you that I do not see someone killing an individual in Brooklyn and then transporting the body to the Bronx for disposal. If you know the area, it makes no sense as it brings you closer to getting discovered. It's almost like going into the dead center of the spider's web. The killer would have countless other places, means and methods available to them that would have all been easier than dismemberment and transport from Brooklyn to the Bronx.

Secondly, please remember that New York City is one of the most densely populated cities on the planet. It is one of the handful of places on Earth where someone can in fact go missing two blocks away from another person and neither case be related to the other in any way shape or form. So while it may seem interesting that there has been a rash of missing females recently in the New York City area, this really isn't a pattern of much.

I work near here. Yes, it is close to the Cross Bronx. But, the area where the body was found isn't so easy to get at all to once you get off the highway, especially coming from the west (like from Jersey). If coming from Jersey, the park at Mt Eden parkway is so much easier to dump a body --easy on, easy off, less kids and families in the side of the park where you can drive in. Crotona is heavily used. Lots of gang violence currently. I hope this is not a student of mine.

ny-1535251720-w7c0mgeao4-snap-image

Sketch of woman whose body parts were found at Crotona Park in the Bronx on Friday, (NYPD)
Dismembered Body Found in Trash Bags Outside Bronx Park
"According to the office of the New York City medical examiner, the bags seem to contain the remains of at least one woman, but details such as the individual’s age have yet to be determined. The police released a sketch of the victim late on Saturday, calling her white Hispanic."

I'm originally from NYC and I can tell you that I do not see someone killing an individual in Brooklyn and then transporting the body to the Bronx for disposal. If you know the area, it makes no sense as it brings you closer to getting discovered. It's almost like going into the dead center of the spider's web. The killer would have countless other places, means and methods available to them that would have all been easier than dismemberment and transport from Brooklyn to the Bronx.

Secondly, please remember that New York City is one of the most densely populated cities on the planet. It is one of the handful of places on Earth where someone can in fact go missing two blocks away from another person and neither case be related to the other in any way shape or form. So while it may seem interesting that there has been a rash of missing females recently in the New York City area, this really isn't a pattern of much.
I do agree that someone being killed in Brooklyn and dumped in the Bronx is highly unlikely when there are so many places in Brooklyn to dump body parts in bags and not have to travel so far..
Women, people go missing practically every single day, which sadly is no surprise for a city so big like ours. The only pattern I noticed was all the girls that were the same age: 12, that had gone missing..

I work near here. Yes, it is close to the Cross Bronx. But, the area where the body was found isn't so easy to get at all to once you get off the highway, especially coming from the west (like from Jersey). If coming from Jersey, the park at Mt Eden parkway is so much easier to dump a body --easy on, easy off, less kids and families in the side of the park where you can drive in. Crotona is heavily used. Lots of gang violence currently. I hope this is not a student of mine.
oh kaen thank you for that info.. I just mentioned the NJ thing from looking at the map. Its good now eliminates looking there. Yes I do hope its not one of your students too!!!

ny-1535251720-w7c0mgeao4-snap-image

Sketch of woman whose body parts were found at Crotona Park in the Bronx on Friday, (NYPD)
Dismembered Body Found in Trash Bags Outside Bronx Park
"According to the office of the New York City medical examiner, the bags seem to contain the remains of at least one woman, but details such as the individual’s age have yet to be determined. The police released a sketch of the victim late on Saturday, calling her white Hispanic."
Wow that was quick we got a sketch.. that is great!. Thank you for finding this dotr!

Cd4Fo_rW4AEmh6p.jpg

Maybe this girl? There is no age estimate yet. I couldn't find anything more about this girl...no updates...she may be found already, if not I think she is not listed in a missing persons data base.
I assume it will be someone who has been missing for a short time. Of course, there always is a chance the killer had her locked up for a while, so you never know.

The question I ask myself is why the killer placed the bags in a heavily used park? Why not dump it in the trash, Bronx / Hudson river, or bury it somewhere? Either, the killer is very disorganized (probably living nearby) or WANTED the body to be discovered and enjoys the “fame“. If the latter is true, it wouldn‘t surprise me if the killer was very close watching when the police showed up, or even giving interviews.

Last edited:
Police: Human remains found in bags on Bronx sidewalk

"CLAREMONT, Bronx (WABC) --
A Parks Department employee discovered human remains in two bags on a Bronx sidewalk, police said.

The bags were discovered near Crotona Park South and Franklin Avenue in Claremont on Friday afternoon.

Police believe the remains belong to a woman, but the victim has not yet been identified.

The parks employee called his boss to report the suspicious bags, and they originally thought the remains may have been a dead dog. When they both started to open the bags, they saw hair and called the police.

Police responded to the scene and confirmed that there was a human body in the bags.

NYPD K9s are combing through the area for clues..."

More at link

The question I ask myself is why the killer placed the bags in a heavily used park? Why not dump it in the trash, Bronx / Hudson river, or bury it somewhere? Either, the killer is very disorganized (probably living nearby) or WANTED the body to be discovered and enjoys the “fame“. If the latter is true, it wouldn‘t surprise me if the killer was very close watching when the police showed up, or even giving interviews.
Apparently inthe Bronx it seems common to dispose of dead bodies not far from where you live and to leave them in public on the streets Cops nab man who allegedly left 27-year-old woman's decaying corpse in shopping cart outside Bronx bodega - NY Daily News

I assume it will be someone who has been missing for a short time. Of course, there always is a chance the killer had her locked up for a while, so you never know.

We don't know if the UID female is young or older (still puzzling on the sketch) She might as well have been a runaway, willingly spent time with someone, even had a relation and then be killed by her partner. Assuming is always tricky...but I will keep you comment in my head if I search.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice
Back