Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I try and try to find some movement in this case, but it just looks like nothing much is going on. I believe that the cousin, her boyfriend, the Mother should have some type of criminal charge against them. The boyfriend had to know something was up. And Jacques, what he did to Brooke, what he planned to do to Brooke, it is just almost beyond belief for me. Also, the stepfather, it just seems nothing is being done, almost like it is being swept under the rug. Talking about liberal laws.

I try and try to find some movement in this case, but it just looks like nothing much is going on. I believe that the cousin, her boyfriend, the Mother should have some type of criminal charge against them. The boyfriend had to know something was up. And Jacques, what he did to Brooke, what he planned to do to Brooke, it is just almost beyond belief for me. Also, the stepfather, it just seems nothing is being done, almost like it is being swept under the rug. Talking about liberal laws.

From what I understand, the bf didn't know about the whole plan. The step-father (Gagnon) I believe the charges here have been dropped?? So he could be shipped to Texas and be dealt with there (harsher punnishment).
Meanwhile, the cousin aka Juvenile 1, has been going to school and living her life as if nothing had happened. Not only that, her mother has no more control of her than she did before this all went down. Justice at it's finest, folks.

I hear the word around town is, he's pleading out to spare his life and serve LWOP.

Thanks for the info Light......I never heard the BF was involved but he had to know something was not right. I know none of the people involved will ever get the help they need or maybe some of us feel that Brooke won't get the justice she deserves, but someday, I know there is a higher power they will answer too. My heart has been so tied to this case for some reason more than others. I feel that Brooke endured evil, pain, and death, and I wonder how the family lives with this. I lost a son to a car crash, and I often wonder what his last thoughts were, how he must have felt, what went throught his mind, that sort of thing. So, I suppose it makes me very sad to think of the last hours of Brooke's life.

I hear the word around town is, he's pleading out to spare his life and serve LWOP.

....But, Light, he's not guilty! :furious:

That's what I expected, I have to say....seems to be the way these things go lately.

Do a horrible crime, then when, and if, you get caught plead out, so we, the taxpayers can prolong the life of these miserable a.........s. Anyway, thanks for the info.

i try to stay away from following this story because it just gets me so angry.

this case HAS to go to trial, because the prosecution MUST pursue the death penalty.

i swear if i have to read an article in april justifying why they are not charging him with the death penalty im going to tear my hair out.

the beginning of april is when i believe the prosecution has said they will announce their intent, the defense had asked for a delay until october! and jacques now has some team that specializes in death penalty defenses working on his case.

im getting pissed off right now just thinking about the fact that this son of a is still breathing. if they let this guy plead i will be sick.

i try to stay away from following this story because it just gets me so angry.

this case HAS to go to trial, because the prosecution MUST pursue the death penalty.

i swear if i have to read an article in april justifying why they are not charging him with the death penalty im going to tear my hair out.

the beginning of april is when i believe the prosecution has said they will announce their intent, the defense had asked for a delay until october! and jacques now has some team that specializes in death penalty defenses working on his case.

im getting pissed off right now just thinking about the fact that this son of a is still breathing. if they let this guy plead i will be sick.
I have the same problem considering this case. It's so vile and ugly and unimaginable and a thousand other adjectives, yet none that really describe it adequately. And the worst part is that we don't even know everything in it's entirety.

I also agree 100% that he's a waste of good oxygen that the rest of us could be breathing. If they could kill him a thousand times over it still would not equate justice IMO.

Evil truely does walk amongst us..........

Somedays I just have to back way off from this case. It has touched my heart and my soul. I feel so sorry for what Brooke went through. I hope closure comes soon. I wish this case had more attention, I think that Brooke deserves that and maybe it would help bring some type of justice for her. Sometimes I wonder about the families and how they can just go on as if nothing has happened. I would have a sign and be in front of the court house every day.

Brooke’s stepdad seeks deal in *advertiser censored* case

The stepfather of Brooke Bennett, the 12-year-old Braintree girl whose disappearance and slaying last year sparked national attention and stronger sex-offender legislation, wants to settle federal child *advertiser censored* charges pending against him in two Southern states.

The disclosure of the potential plea deal was included in papers filed in U.S. District Court in San Antonio Texas, by lawyers for Raymond Gagnon requesting a delay in his trial on four child *advertiser censored* charges, set to begin March 2, so work on the plea deal could continue.

"The parties continue to negotiate a resolution of the case involving multiple federal districts," Gagnon’s Feb. 13 request for the delay said. On Friday, the presiding federal judge in the case issued an order agreeing to put off Gagnon’s trial until April 20.

Gagnon’s Vermont charges were dismissed after he was indicted in Texas. He has been in federal custody since his July arrest in Vermont and was transferred to Texas authorities in October.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20090222/NEWS/90222003

Thanks for posting Tonia. I'll be interested to read what this deal is.

Thanks for the info Tonia, these deals they keep making in child *advertiser censored* cases is in my opinion the primary reason we have so many missing children. I believe that deal made in VT earlier was the reason for Brooke's death. So, I'm guessing you know what I think the deal should say. Of course as always, JMO.

VT needs stricter laws and better oversight. We live in the End of Days . . . evil is everywhere!

God Bless Brooke! The only comfort from this is she is in a better place than the HE(( her family exposed her to . . .

Does anyone local have any info about what the family is doing? Maybe some info about what is being said around town? It is so hard to find any information on line from any of the news. Thanks, as always. JMO

Two former Toyota Tundra contract workers have pleaded guilty to federal charges related to a child *advertiser censored* ring linked to the death of a Vermont girl last summer.

As part of an agreement with federal prosecutors, Raymond Gagnon, 41, on Thursday pleaded guilty to transporting child *advertiser censored*.

His former landlord, Kevin Grosenheider, pleaded guilty to misprision of a felony, meaning not reporting or helping cover up crimes, related to Gagnon.

As part of the plea agreement with Gagnon, authorities dropped charges of producing and possessing child *advertiser censored*. He still faces those charges in Alabama, where he lived before moving to San Antonio in 2007 to work with Grosenheider for Avanzar Interior Technologies, a Toyota Tundra plant contractor.

Gagnon faces five to 20 years in federal prison and a $250,000 fine if convicted.

Grosenheider, 58, faces a maximum of three years in prison. According to court records, Grosenheider last July disposed of Gagnon's safe that contained child *advertiser censored* images before FBI agents arrived at their home.

More at link

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:954822590&start=10

Thanks for the links ladies.........:)........in my opinion these two scumbags are getting off way to easy even if they get the max.

Verrrrryyyyy innnnnterrresting......

Sounds like the prosecution is looking under every stone before prosecuting the turds. Good job! Slow and steady wins the race.

did they ever find the safe? is "producing" child *advertiser censored* what it sounds like? if so, how in the he$$ does a charge like that get dropped in favor of a plea? i'm just checking in on dear Brooke....she is the one that brought me to websleuths and i still think of her often...

Bennett relative strikes plea deal

Ex-stepfather facing at least five years in prison; Jacques secures pretrial extension

The former stepfather of Brooke Bennett pleaded guilty to transportation of child *advertiser censored* in a plea deal approved Monday by a federal court judge in Texas.

Raymond Gagnon will be sentenced to at least five years in prison during a hearing July 10, according to the agreement, and could get up to 20 years in jail.

Bennett's uncle, Michael Jacques, has been charged in her kidnapping, rape and death.

The decision to seek the death penalty for Jacques is pending in the office of Eric Holder, the attorney general of the United States, according to court papers.

The pretrial period in Jacques' case was extended last week at the request of the New Jersey death penalty team that is representing him.

As they argued for more time to prepare their case, Jacques' defense attorneys said the type of evidence against their client is complicated. It spans "areas of forensics in several fields of expertise: computer analysis, pathology, pharmacology, hematology, and other laboratory analyses, among others," they wrote.
U.S. District Judge William Sessions granted the defense team 120 days to file pretrial motions from the date prosecutors declare whether they will seek the death penalty.

There was no stipulation in Gagnon's plea deal that requires him to testify against Jacques, according to Assistant U.S. Attorney Tracy Braun, who prosecuted the case in Texas.

"That's up to the U.S. Attorney's Office in Vermont, whether they call him as a witness," said Braun in a telephone interview. "That isn't related to the case down here."
In the plea agreement, Gagnon admitted to having hundreds of images and video files of prepubescent children engaged in sexually explicit conduct, including sexual acts with adults. Gagnon collected many of the images when he was living in Alabama, before moving to Texas, according to the document.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/article/20090414/NEWS03/904130271/1004/NEWS03

Complicated....well, yes it is complicated except that he's guilty. I agree with whoever said this case makes them angry. :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Forgotten Murders
Back