Bruce Jenner Becoming a Woman and more...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that I have not seen the red Prius in any pictures.

I've flipped through many many pictures and haven't seen it. Has anybody?

I find it interesting that I have not seen the red Prius in any pictures.

I've flipped through many many pictures and haven't seen it. Has anybody?

Photographers were following Bruce. Prius must have not fit into the frame.

I wouldn't think the first car that stopped or stalled would be held responsible. A driver should always maintain a safe difference from the vehicle in front of them. If the second driver is unable to stop and hits the vehicle in front he's at fault. From what I read, Bruce should be held responsible for hitting the Lexus and forcing it into oncoming traffic, causing her death. He should have been following at a safe distance and able to maintain control of his vehicle. Paparazzi or not. All just my opinion.

Photographers were following Bruce. Prius must have not fit into the frame.

Yeah. But there are dozens of aerial photos after the fact of the accident scene.
No Prius in sight as far as I can tell.

And they are definitely doing an accident reconstruction. They were there with the vehicles unmoved into the night.

Bumped into it?
She rear ended it.
Then Bruce rear ended her.

"Bump" and "Rear ended" would mean the same thing in this context.

verb (used with object)

BUMP:

to come more or less violently in contact with; collide with; strike:
"His car bumped a truck."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bump?s=t

Here is definition of "rear ended"

verb (used with object)

"rear ended"

to drive a vehicle or other conveyance so as to strike the back end of (another vehicle):
"My car was rear-ended by another driver on the highway."
(of a moving vehicle or other conveyance) to strike the back end of (another vehicle or object):
"A freight train rear-ended the commuter train this morning."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rear ended?s=t

It's the same thing.

I wouldn't think the first car that stopped or stalled would be held responsible. A driver should always maintain a safe difference from the vehicle in front of them. If the second driver is unable to stop and hits the vehicle in front he's at fault. From what I read, Bruce should be held responsible for hitting the Lexus and forcing it into oncoming traffic, causing her death. He should have been following at a safe distance and able to maintain control of his vehicle. Paparazzi or not. All just my opinion.

True, but if the first driver stopped in the middle of the HIGHWAY, with traffic moving at 55mph, then she would be held negligent as well. It is true that you are supposed to follow at a safe distance, but if the driver in front stops on a highway, they can be deemed negligent as well. jmo

It was just odd how it was worded differently when speaking of the two collisions.

It made one sound very minimal and the other not so much. We don't know speeds or impact severity of the two rear end collisions at this time.

Yes I know the driver of the Lexus has passed away. But that does not change the fact she did exactly the same thing as Bruce. The outcome was just different.

I just found it odd.

JMO

And notice, in your definitions, "less violently" is only used in the bumped definition.
Kinda my point.

It was just odd how it was worded differently when speaking of the two collisions.

It made one sound very minimal and the other not so much. We don't know speeds or impact severity of the two rear end collisions at this time.

Yes I know the driver of the Lexus has passed away. But that does not change the fact she did exactly the same thing as Bruce. The outcome was just different.

I just found it odd.

JMO

And notice, in your definitions, "less violently" is only used in the bumped definition.
Kinda my point.

I presume it was a minimal collision because I don't see any damage to the front end of the Lexus at the time it's being rear ended. On the other hand, after it was rear ended, there is a lot of damage to the Lexus's rear end. Next photos show enormous front end damage after it was spun into oncoming traffic and hit from the front.

Yeah. But there are dozens of aerial photos after the fact of the accident scene.
No Prius in sight as far as I can tell.

And they are definitely doing an accident reconstruction. They were there with the vehicles unmoved into the night.

Then most likely it drove away after talking to the cops. It must have been still operational then.

I presume it was a minimal collision because I don't see any damage to the front end of the Lexus at the time it's being rear ended. On the other hand, after it was rear ended, there is a lot of damage to the Lexus's rear end. Next photos show enormous front end damage after it was spun into oncoming traffic and hit from the front.

I haven't seen a picture of the front of the Lexus after the first impact and before 3rd impact.

Then most likely it drove away after talking to the cops. It must have been still operational then.

Not if they are doing an accident reconstruction. All involved vehicles would be unmoved until it was concluded. Or they should have been anyway.

We also have to remember the vehicles involved.

The Lexus hit a Prius, the Lexus was hit by an Escalade and a Hummer.

Bruce Jenner*will not get in trouble with the law as a result of his deadly car crash ... at least that's the way it appears based on a new photo.

The picture was taken by an independent photo agency just before Bruce slammed into a Lexus Saturday on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, sending that driver into oncoming traffic where she was killed after colliding with a Hummer.

It was unclear what, if anything, Bruce was holding in his left hand seconds before the crash. *But the new photo shows Bruce clutching a cigarette, not a cell phone. The photo (above) is the first in a sequence shot by the agency, just before the Lexus comes into frame.

I haven't seen a picture of the front of the Lexus after the first impact and before 3rd impact.

You can see most of the Lexus in the photo of Jenner's car hitting it. The visible part of the front end has no damage on it.
But as Jenner's car is hitting it, you can see severe damage to its rear appearing.
So it was hit very strongly from the rear.
Then, after it was spun into oncoming traffic, you can see severe damage to its front end.

I have to wonder, because of the pictures emanating from this crash if the first vehicle [the Prius] didn't stop because of a gaggle of paparazzi on the side of the road who were obviously there with a perfect view of the crash-- live. Perhaps that distraction caused the initial car to stop and hence the rest is history. I find it too convenient that photogs were able to get precise pics at the moment of impact.... Sad.

True, but if the first driver stopped in the middle of the HIGHWAY, with traffic moving at 55mph, then she would be held negligent as well. It is true that you are supposed to follow at a safe distance, but if the driver in front stops on a highway, they can be deemed negligent as well. jmo[/QUOTE

If the second driver hits the stopped vehicle then the second driver is at fault. It doesn't matter if it's on a highway or a country road. You need to leave enough room between you and the car in front (even if the first car jams breaks).

You can see most of the Lexus in the photo of Jenner's car hitting it. The visible part of the front end has no damage on it.
But as Jenner's car is hitting it, you can see severe damage to its rear appearing.
So it was hit very strongly from the rear.
Then, after it was spun into oncoming traffic, you can see severe damage to its front end.

You just can't know that.
We don't know how hard the Lexus hit the Prius.
It was a Lexus hitting a Prius.

Of course there would be more damage when an Escalade hits a Lexus.

And we have not seen the front of the Lexus or the rear of the Prius.

Regardless, you can't always tell the impact severity by damage.
As an example... I was in a collision on the interstate several years ago. I was driving an older model Corolla and was hit from the rear by a Grand Am. The entire front end of the Grand Am had a lot of damage and I couldn't lift my neck off of my pillow for over a week.
My car had $128 worth of damage.
Rubber scraped off of my bumper.

I have to wonder, because of the pictures emanating from this crash if the first vehicle [the Prius] didn't stop because of a gaggle of paparazzi on the side of the road who were obviously there with a perfect view of the crash-- live. Perhaps that distraction caused the initial car to stop and hence the rest is history. I find it too convenient that photogs were able to get precise pics at the moment of impact.... Sad.

No. They stopped. Because it has been reported they declined medical treatment at the scene.

http://ktla.com/2015/02/07/1-dead-7...h-in-malibu-pch-shut-down-in-both-directions/

The driver of the Prius declined medical attention at the scene, the department said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleutherson90