Bruce Jenner Becoming a Woman and more...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/08/entertainment/bruce-jenner-car-accident/index.html

Bruce Jenner speaks out on car crash: 'It is a devastating tragedy'

(CNN)Bruce Jenner says he's cooperating with police as they investigate a fatal car crash involving the reality TV star.

Authorities haven't determined who was at fault in the Saturday crash, Sgt. Phillip Brooks of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department told CNN Sunday. They also haven't released details about the victim.

No. They stopped. Because it has been reported they declined medical treatment at the scene.

http://ktla.com/2015/02/07/1-dead-7...h-in-malibu-pch-shut-down-in-both-directions/

The driver of the Prius declined medical attention at the scene, the department said.

I must have not been clear-- I believe the Prius stopped but I was implying they were perhaps stopped because they saw a group of photogs at the side of the highway [maybe in a turn out]. I grew up in the LA area and it's certainly not the norm to stop in the middle of PCH. However, LA is notorious for having very active "rubber-necking" issues and they often do cause accidents. Perhaps that was the case here...?

I must have not been clear-- I believe the Prius stopped but I was implying they were perhaps stopped because they saw a group of photogs at the side of the highway [maybe in a turn out]. I grew up in the LA area and it's certainly not the norm to stop in the middle of PCH. However, LA is notorious for having very active "rubber-necking" issues and they often do cause accidents. Perhaps that was the case here...?

Apparently the driver of the Prius says they stopped at the red light. Even though the light was quite a bit away.
Even if photogs were by the side of the road, I fail to see why that would be a good reason to stop.

I am surprised they didn't make the Prius driver do a drunk driver test. like the one given to Jenner. It appears as though the prius was the first car in the chain of accidents.

I don't see any Prius at the crime scene photos so it must have talked to the police then drove away. Certainly doesn't sound like there was any serious damage to either the driver or the car.

Rear end collisions cause soft tissue injury. The pain from soft tissue injury presents itself hours later. I'm sure the driver is very sore today. But yesterday she probably only felt a little dizzy after the collision and may have had a slight headache.

In the insurance claims world, we know when a victim of a rear end collision says they "hurt" right after a wreck, they are most likely not being truthful.

Most honest people decline medical treatment at the scene. But may see their doctor the next morning when the pain is apparent.

When I was rear ended, I felt fine and declined medical attention at the scene. Like I said before I couldn't lift my head off of my pillow from a laying position for about a week. And I had $128 worth of damage.

There is nothing we know at this point that can tell us the severity of the impact of that first collision.

JMO

ETA: it's not a crime scene. It's an accident scene.

Apparently the driver of the Prius says they stopped at the red light. Even though the light was quite a bit away.
Even if photogs were by the side of the road, I fail to see why that would be a good reason to stop.

Not a good reason but I've experienced people stopping for "no good reason" in the middle of a busy SoCal freeway, so it really wouldn't surprise me all that much.

I am surprised they didn't make the Prius driver do a drunk driver test. like the one given to Jenner. It appears as though the prius was the first car in the chain of accidents.

They may have. The PAPS didn't seem very interested in what was happening to anybody but Bruce.

JMO

If the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department hasn't been able to determine who was at fault yet (see above link) and they worked the scene, how on earth can anybody look at a few pictures and determine it.

It just doesn't work that way.

They will do a complete accident reconstruction. That takes time.
That's why all of the cars were left in position until approx 9:00 pm last night. They were investigating. That's why there were green markings on the road.
Skid marks were measured. Statements were taken.

It's not as simple as looking at pictures.

If the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department hasn't been able to determine who was at fault yet (see above link) and they worked the scene, how on earth can anybody look at a few pictures and determine it.

It just doesn't work that way.

They will do a complete accident reconstruction. That takes time.
That's why all of the cars were left in position until approx 9:00 pm last night. They were investigating. That's why there were green markings on the road.
Skid marks were measured. Statements were taken.

It's not as simple as looking at pictures.

So where is the Pirus on the incident scene? I see the three cars involved in the incident, but no Pirus.

So where is the Pirus on the incident scene? I see the three cars involved in the incident, but no Pirus.

I don't know. I asked the same question up thread.

But we know its Vehicle #1 and that it stopped short and was rear ended.

I have no clue why we don't see it in pictures.
I've also seen it described as a red Prius and a black Prius.

I do not think that's "the Prius".

Because I believe that is the Prius' taillight flying over the Lexus on photo #2 and #3 in the "moment of impact" collage.

JMO from looking at the photos.

I do not think that's "the Prius".

Because I believe that is the Prius' taillight flying over the Lexus on photo #2 and #3 in the "moment of impact" collage.

JMO from looking at the photos.

If you mean the red thing with a horizontal gold stripe, it's a pole. Not a taillight. There are some other photos that clearly show it's a pole. I see Lexus's taillight flying in photo #3. But that is clearly from the Lexus itself.

I don't know. I asked the same question up thread.

But we know its Vehicle #1 and that it stopped short and was rear ended.

I have no clue why we don't see it in pictures.
I've also seen it described as a red Prius and a black Prius.

I am starting to wonder if this car actually existed at all. If the Lexus was "sandwiched" between Jenner's car and this Pirus, why isn't the Pirus in any of the incident photos?

I am starting to wonder if this car actually existed at all. If the Lexus was "sandwiched" between Jenner's car and this Pirus, why isn't the Pirus in any of the incident photos?

It had to exist. It's in multiple reports.

And the driver's actions (before and after impact) are discussed.

I've never seen an in depth accident investigation that involved 4 vehicles that didn't include all 4 vehicles all the way to the conclusion.

It has me baffled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member