Bruce Jenner Becoming a Woman and more...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the Prius get hit at all? Because the front of the Lexus looks fine when BJ runs into the back of it.

Did the Prius get hit at all? Because the front of the Lexus looks fine when BJ runs into the back of it.

I noticed the exact same thing. I don't see any damage to the front of the Lexus at the moment of impact. It's front headlight is fine.

It certainly has damage to it's rear, so I don't understand why Lexus doesn't appear to have damage to its front end (even the headlight isn't broken) at the moment of impact with Jenner's car, if they say Lexus hit the Prius first. Prius also appears to be quite a distance away from other cars, so presumably it drove some after being hit?

Ms Howe, a widow, has not yet been formally identified, but has been named locally.

She is believed to be neighbors with the Kardashians and lives in the same Calabasas hideaway as Kourtney, Robert and Khloe Kardashian, which is guarded by security at the road entrance.

----------------------------

Their investigations will determine if Jenner, or any of the other three drivers involved in the collision, were texting or on their mobile phones at the time of the collision.

They will also investigate whether Bruce Jenner was smoking.

Smoking while driving has been condemned by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, and numerous legal practices in California treat smoking as a significant factor in car accidents, though it is not illegal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lear-despite-suggestions-texting-driving.html

Whatever he was holding in that hand, he certainly was holding something. So he would be driving with one hand? That doesn't seem very safe.

I don't understand much of the reporting that I am seeing on the accident story - much of it tending to exonerate Jenner. The latest Daily Mail article says police are suggesting that the "Prius might be to blame". If in fact the Prius was rear-ended first by the Lexus driven by the decedent why would the Prius driver be to blame? If I am driving a car and I slow down - for whatever reason - the car directly behind me must be at a safe distance to be able to stop. Likewise Jenner should have been at a safe distance behind the Lexus. As we see from the pictures taken seconds before the crash Jenner was way to close to the Lexus especially considering the fact that he was towing a trailer.

I don't understand much of the reporting that I am seeing on the accident story - much of it tending to exonerate Jenner. The latest Daily Mail article says police are suggesting that the "Prius might be to blame". If in fact the Prius was rear-ended first by the Lexus driven by the decedent why would the Prius driver be to blame? If I am driving a car and I slow down - for whatever reason - the car directly behind me must be at a safe distance to be able to stop. Likewise Jenner should have been at a safe distance behind the Lexus. As we see from the pictures taken seconds before the crash Jenner was way to close to the Lexus especially considering the fact that he was towing a trailer.

The Prius woulds be to blame if they stopped on a highway in a quick or unnecessary fashion. It is true that you are 'mostly' at fault if you rear end someone. But it is shared blame if that car stops for no reason.

The Prius woulds be to blame if they stopped on a highway in a quick or unnecessary fashion. It is true that you are 'mostly' at fault if you rear end someone. But it is shared blame if that car stops for no reason.

Judging from the damage to the rear of the Prius I don't think that it was stopped. It probably slowed down in anticipation of the intersection 300 feet ahead when it was rear-ended by the Lexus. By comparison the rear-end of the Lexus sustained much more damage and we know it was not stopped when it was rear-ended by Jenner who - as photographic evidence proves - was tailgating the Lexus. If the Prius was actually stopped on the highway and attempting to make a U-turn (as TMZ is speculating) I could see some fault being assigned to the driver but if it just slowed down (regardless of how sudden) I cannot see blame being assigned to the Prius driver. The California DMV handbook advocates the "three second rule" for safe following distances. Had Bruce Jenner (and perhaps the deceased driver of the Lexus) followed this rule tragedy would have been averted. Another fatal mistake by Jenner was his sudden swerve to the right at the last millisecond. This caused his Escalade to hit the right rear side of the Lexus which launched it into incoming traffic. Had he instead hit the Lexus square-on everyone would have walked away from this accident.

It certainly has damage to it's rear, so I don't understand why Lexus doesn't appear to have damage to its front end (even the headlight isn't broken) at the moment of impact with Jenner's car, if they say Lexus hit the Prius first. Prius also appears to be quite a distance away from other cars, so presumably it drove some after being hit?

It also appears to be some distance from the stoplight, were there cars ahead of the Prius?

The Rules of the Road state that if a vehicle hits another vehicle from behind; it is the fault of the tailing driver. This rule is applicable regardless of the reason for stopping. The rule requires drivers to follow other vehicles at a safe following distance. For that reason, if a tailing driver is not able to stop in time and hits the vehicle in front of it; the law states that the driver was not driving safely.

http://rearendcollision.net/

The sudden and unexpected entrance of another vehicle, pedestrian, or object into your rightful lane of travel provides some relief from the ACDA (assured clear distance ahead) rule and accounts for the most common situation in which the driver of the rear vehicle is not liable in a rear-end collision.

http://www.all-about-car-accidents....fault-rear-end-collision-when-front-car-fault

If the Prius didn't enter the highway suddenly or change lanes suddenly then I wouldn't expect that driver to be at fault. JMO

Because one car can have a great deal of damage while the other has little. (I've given an example of $128 damage on my Corolla and a LOT more to the Grand Am that hit me).

And we haven't seen a picture of the front of the Lexus. Or at least I haven't.

Judging from the damage to the rear of the Prius I don't think that it was stopped. It probably slowed down in anticipation of the intersection 300 feet ahead when it was rear-ended by the Lexus. By comparison the rear-end of the Lexus sustained much more damage and we know it was not stopped when it was rear-ended by Jenner who - as photographic evidence proves - was tailgating the Lexus. If the Prius was actually stopped on the highway and attempting to make a U-turn (as TMZ is speculating) I could see some fault being assigned to the driver but if it just slowed down (regardless of how sudden) I cannot see blame being assigned to the Prius driver. The California DMV handbook advocates the "three second rule" for safe following distances. Had Bruce Jenner (and perhaps the deceased driver of the Lexus) followed this rule tragedy would have been averted. Another fatal mistake by Jenner was his sudden swerve to the right at the last millisecond. This caused his Escalade to hit the right rear side of the Lexus which launched it into incoming traffic. Had he instead hit the Lexus square-on everyone would have walked away from this accident.

There's no pictures showing he was tailgating the Lexus. Those shots are milliseconds before the crash.

And veering to the right is a totally natural response when you realize you are about to hit the car in front of you.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member