CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No surprise if David and Louise Turpin used their children's name to get loans, mortgages, and credit cards.

I think if they did use the children's credit then the children's names would show up in one of the people search engines. Those engines get info from credit companies.

Elley Mae, thank you. Too bad it's not under better circumstances. And I'm sorry about the long, rambling first post! I'm just really emotionally torn-up about this.

In regards to foreclosed homes....

When a house goes into foreclosure, the bank owns it until someone else buys it. The bank is required to upkeep the house, winterize the pipes, and adhere to safety standards (such as installing railings, boarding up windows if necessary, snow removal, fix holes in floors). The bank is supposed to hire a company to do all that. I know b/c my DH works for such a company. Once the bank takes possession, these companies do an initial clean out, empty the entire contents and take them to the dump. Fix any safety issues, install lockboxes or change locks, and are required to check on the house biweekly.

Makes me wonder why the Texas home still had beds. Whatever bank foreclosed on that home did not follow the rules, or perhaps the rules are different in TX? But didnt some pics have boarded up windows? I wonder if the bank did do an initial clean out but left the beds? So many questions... I know the company my husband works for has called LE several times for suspicious things (they once found drugs, once maybe evidence of dog fighting). Just sad, as there were probably even more opportunities for someone to help these children!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

In regards to foreclosed homes....

When a house goes into foreclosure, the bank owns it until someone else buys it. The bank is required to upkeep the house, winterize the pipes, and adhere to safety standards (such as installing railings, boarding up windows if necessary, snow removal, fix holes in floors). The bank is supposed to hire a company to do all that. I know b/c my DH works for such a company. Once the bank takes possession, these companies do an initial clean out, empty the entire contents and take them to the dump. Fix any safety issues, install lockboxes or change locks, and are required to check on the house biweekly.

Makes me wonder why the Texas home still had beds. Whatever bank foreclosed on that home did not follow the rules, or perhaps the rules are different in TX? But didnt some pics have boarded up windows? I wonder if the bank did do an initial clean out but left the beds? So many questions... I know the company my husband works for has called LE several times for suspicious things (they once found drugs, once maybe evidence of dog fighting). Just sad, as there were probably even more opportunities for someone to help these children!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The beds weren't there, just photos and one was of the beds, iirc

So is there any religious or mystical significance to names beginning with J?

One thing I noticed is that the first half dozen kids were all given middle names but the younger ones seem to have just had the single name beginning with J. I'm not sure that there's any significance to that but I do wonder if it had a significance, eg the older kids were given second names of grandparents or other significant relatives and once that had been covered off the practice just stopped.

Possibly the letter J was chosen as in Jesus. We really have not heard why they chose to name the family all with that first letter.

Considering they weren't strangers to moving long distances it seems fairly likely that they moved into party or fully furnished homes when they arrived, that were designed to sell and look nice to the average home buyer.
Of course once their mayhem descended is when it all goes to pot.

I remember reading that their current home was the model home for the development.

The picture of them all on the couch is definitely taken at the Perris house, you can compare by looking at pictures in the media (taken from the neighbours back yard of the back of the property). Same curtains, same garden and the windows are the same.

It was probably around the time that they first moved in which would also explain the clean nursery as the baby is very young in the couch picture, maybe newborn.

I wanted to take a moment to welcome all the new members and those posting for their first time here. It is sad that this is the case that brought so many together, but also a testament to all you kind and caring people that you chose to find us for this family. Join in or follow along. Glad to have you here.
:welcome2:

I had a thought about something (hey, my first contribution here!)

I'm having a little bit of trouble keeping up, so I'm sorry if someone had already talked about this before. I saw a video on one of the news sites where a new owner of one of the houses was talking about all the damage that was left behind. Was it the Fort Worth house? Is that what you guys are talking about right now? Well, I was kind of confused about something...I remember the video mentioned something about old Polaroid pictures which showed bed frames that still had a rope or zip tie on it. What I'm confused about is if that was one of the pictures the new owner took to document all the damage and weird stuff he found at the house when he bought it? I mean did he also find those bed frames with the rope or cable tie on them? Or did he find just the old Polaroid pictures themselves?

The reason I'm asking is that the fact that there were pictures taken of those bed frames is very significant. I highly doubt the Turpin parents would have taken random pictures like that, which actually may possibly document their abuse of the kids. I'm more thinking that SOMEONE else was there and was taking pictures after the house was abandoned and maybe those old bed frames were still there among other junk, and they had a gut feeling it looked suspicious. I imagine someone was sent there by the bank after the house was foreclosed and abandoned. They were taking pictures with a Polaroid camera to document the condition of everything. They found the bed frames sitting there, with ropes or zip ties still on them, and thought "What the hell is that about?" They took a picture of it, and planned to mention it to someone later. Then they put all the pictures in an envelope, but had to leave in a hurry and forgot the pictures.

Polaroid cameras were still widely used in the late 90's, especially by businesses and police, social workers, etc. My dad worked as social worker before he retired about 10 years ago. I clearly remember that in the late 90's and even up to the early 2000's, they were still using Polaroid cameras to document everything. So I'm wondering if someone from the bank or realty company or something did make a quick stop at the house to check it and get pictures...and maybe they saw some strange and disturbing things?

Otherwise, who else would have taken photographs of that junk?

I'm having a little bit of trouble keeping up, so I'm sorry if someone had already talked about this before. I saw a video on one of the news sites where a new owner of one of the houses was talking about all the damage that was left behind. Was it the Fort Worth house? Is that what you guys are talking about right now? Well, I was kind of confused about something...I remember the video mentioned something about old Polaroid pictures which showed bed frames that still had a rope or zip tie on it. What I'm confused about is if that was one of the pictures the new owner took to document all the damage and weird stuff he found at the house when he bought it? I mean did he also find those bed frames with the rope or cable tie on them? Or did he find just the old Polaroid pictures themselves?

The reason I'm asking is that the fact that there were pictures taken of those bed frames is very significant. I highly doubt the Turpin parents would have taken random pictures like that, which actually may possibly document their abuse of the kids. I'm more thinking that SOMEONE else was there and was taking pictures after the house was abandoned and maybe those old bed frames were still there among other junk, and they had a gut feeling it looked suspicious. I imagine someone was sent there by the bank after the house was foreclosed and abandoned. They were taking pictures with a Polaroid camera to document the condition of everything. They found the bed frames sitting there, with ropes or zip ties still on them, and thought "What the hell is that about? They took a picture of it, and planned to mention it to someone later. Then they put all the pictures in an envelope, but had to leave in a hurry and forget it....for another owner to find many years later.

Polaroid cameras were still widely used in the late 90's, especially by businesses and police, social workers, etc. My dad worked as social worker before he retired about 10 years ago. I clearly remember that in the late 90's and even up to the early 2000's, they were still using Polaroid cameras to document everything. So I'm wondering if someone from the bank or realty company or something did make a quick stop at the house to check it and get pictures...and maybe they saw some strange and disturbing things?

Perhaps they were taken by one of the children? Similar idea as the photos on the phone

From your link:

CBS News has just learned that someone in Southern California has volunteered to take in and adopt all 13 of the kids and adults and their release to that family could happen as early as Monday.

Monday. Wow!

I do hope this report is inaccurate. It has been less than a week since these children were rescued from their unbelievably traumatic existence. I cannot begin to understand what they have been through in the past, and the physical, emotional and mental effects it has had on the only life they have known so far.
It must be so difficult for them to try to adjust to what they are experiencing now, care, cleanliness, food, love and a freedom from fear of punishment. This adjustment just cannot happen in a week surely they haven't even settled within the professional hospital/care environments where they are now - then after a short time being moved elsewhere? Please I hope not.

Their health is of paramount importance due to the treatment they have endured, and how would it be possible for the necessary medical and psychological treatment to continue if they were moved elsewhere?

I would hope they might in time begin to feel a sense of security with the present arrangements, please don't let that sense of security be taken from them too quickly.

I am so grateful to all those that have donated, and I can but wonder at the unbelievable joy these poor children may have at being given their own possession. Possessions like their own shoes, clothes, toiletries - I hope they are encouraged to write their names in their shoes. :(

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned but the crib in the photo of Louise during pregnancy can be seen in these photos:https://radaronline.com/photos/turpin-house-horrors-photos-garbage-broken-toys-filth/

That crib and maybe other furniture, including the patio furniture on back porch and back yard, was likely bought
with home if home was a model. Often people buy model homes fully furnished as it makes it easier to finance the whole package.
The chaotic pics of home interior shows that LT had no concept of orderly housekeeping. And yet she called herself a
homemaker or maybe DT called her that. The images of that home screams 'disorganized' lives to me.
I still wonder if drugs weren't a part of their lives.

One other thing:

This is why I (along with others) think that one must have a license to reproduce.

I have to have a license to drive, a license to get married, a license to fish, a license to hunt (I am not a fisherwoman nor a hunter)......

The reason I'm asking is that the fact that there were pictures taken of those bed frames is very significant. I highly doubt the Turpin parents would have taken random pictures like that, which actually may possibly document their abuse of the kids. I'm more thinking that SOMEONE else was there and was taking pictures after the house was abandoned and maybe those old bed frames were still there among other junk, and they had a gut feeling it looked suspicious. I imagine someone was sent there by the bank after the house was foreclosed and abandoned. They were taking pictures with a Polaroid camera to document the condition of everything. They found the bed frames sitting there, with ropes or zip ties still on them, and thought "What the hell is that about?" They took a picture of it, and planned to mention it to someone later. Then they put all the pictures in an envelope, but had to leave in a hurry and forgot the pictures.

BBM

Only thing I can think of is maybe child trafficking/sexual exploitation.

I would not put that past DT and LT.

No surprise if David and Louise Turpin used their children's name to get loans, mortgages, and credit cards.

Agreed. But I would say no to disability checks. They would have had to see doctors and been evaluated for that.

<snipped by me>
I still wonder if drugs weren't a part of their lives.

I grew up in a home that was in very similar condition to the pictures we are seeing of the Turpin&#8217;s homes. My parents also abandoned the homes in the condition they were in and moved elsewhere where the pattern repeated itself. A mentally ill mother and an alcoholic father were the catalyst in my situation so I won&#8217;t be surprised if there is substance abuse in some fashion in this situation. Thankfully, the abuse I received was &#8216;just&#8217; emotional and slaps and shoves. My husband has expressed concern for me immersing myself in these threads but I&#8217;ve found it cathartic to see the horror others are expressing about the conditions of the homes the Turpins lived in. The child in me feels comforted to know that others would have been horrified for me too.

I am 54 now, married to a good man who showed me a better way to live and loves me unconditionally. I&#8217;ve raised two normal, well adjusted, successful children. Though my childhood certainly still effects my life, it has not been the end of it. There is hope for these children and young adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaniMom