CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't help but wonder if there are other crimes not relating to these children, such as unlawful confinement/sexual crimes. Moo.

It will be a while before we know. They need time to go through the evidence, review computers, hard drives, etc. They announced the other day that the Las Vegas shooter at Mandalay Bay had child *advertiser censored* on his computer. Jeez, it's like an epidemic of that stuff, though we have no knowledge of it in this case.

If LT’s sister is being truthful the controlling behavior started with the oldest daughter at a very young age. On 20/20 she said the kids were kept in their rooms, LT would tell the oldest daughter when she could come down to eat and they would have to make eye contact with a smile before she was told she could eat.

Power trip...control...

I'm glad you found this quote. I've been thinking if it since a previous poster wondered if the J names were not given to all the kids at birth. Perhaps they still used these possible real names in secret at that point or just couldn't keep their possibly new J names straight.

When did the Duggars come to prominence? I should just Google that I suppose.... I know same first initial can be a thing, but I'd expect to maybe see a parent's initial used or parents sharing the first initial to start the trend.

I think the older kids have the same names as they were given at birth. I have seen several comments by students and a teacher who remembers the oldest survivor from when the older children were in school in TX. One former student commented that she was the girl no one wanted to be near because of the ‘poop’ smell. It makes me sad that reportedly no one seemed to contacted CPS about the neglect. It made me think maybe the reference by the old neighbor was to the last name.

And I can see LT, in the rush of new baby, being domestic for a short time until she "burned out" on it. so the house may have been clean for the first year or so.

Which brings me to another point that has been mulling in my mind. I believe these survivors dealt with a lot of yoyo parenting. Hot and cold. One minute, all lovey and perfect, the next minute monsters. I suspect they never knew what they were going to get. "Hey, let's go to Disneyland! Everyone take showers! Here's your clean new outfit! Oh boy, aren't we one biig happy family?" And the next minute they are getting chained to their beds for daring to look sideways at someone during their outing, or eating one almond more than allowed or washing their wrist. That flip flopping would be, in some ways, worse than constant monster. Little bit of hope that it will get better....hope smashed.....little hope...hope smashed. Whoever works with them will need to know a lot about learned helplessness/hopelessness, and external/internal locus of control. It will be a very very long recovery, and most difficult for the older survivors, IMO.

I used to see a psychologist. He told me that abuse victims recover better if they could predict the abuse.

When the abuse appeared to be random to the child, far more emotional damage is done.

I don't think they are going to a home by Monday. It would take longer than that to set the home up for 13 people. Beds, dishes, sheets and towel ~ who has enough for 13 guests at the drop of a hat?

Just FYI. If your calls are ever ignored by animal control, tell a rescue or Humane group that it was ignored. We usually either get on their case until they check it out or figure out a way to check it out ourselves. The truth is, we often don't care if we end up trespassing if we can't get authorities to check out a potentially dying animal.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thank you so very much for what you do Vmmking !

Lurker newbie from the U.K. here, have read all the threads so far (taken me 2 days!)
just such a horrific case, 17 yr old is so amazing and so so brave for doing what she did.

i had a abusive dysfunctional upbringing and fear does truly paralyze you in these types of situations, I went to school and Drs etc etc but because I couldn’t know for certain that someone would immediately remove me from the situation, I was too scared to tell anyone anything in fear that it would discussed with my mum and that I would be severely punished for it once back home. I remember her giving me two black eyes one day when I was about 9, my teacher asked me what happened and I told her I’d walked into a door-that in itself should have been enough to arouse suspicion as the injuries were not consistent with walking into a door, my teacher accepted that response and nothing was done.
neighbours and mums friends must of known what was happening too as they would of heard the shouting and crying etc and I vividly remember one of her friends being in the home whilst I was sat at the table being forced to eat mouldy, sour, food, she obviously didn’t report that to anyone.

So I can totally see why it took until now for one of the survivers to escape, I can imagine the lengths she probably had to go through to conceal the phone she’d found and make a plan of where, how and when to make a break for it and to have the insight to take photos as proof, such an amazing kid.

i know when I got out it was partly prompted by the fact she’s had applied to take some foreign exchange kids into our home and I couldn’t let that happen, I couldn’t let someone else be treated as she’d treated me or for them to witness what was happening, it was the extra push I needed to make a break for it. I don’t think hero survivor had planned the exact day, but maybe that she was worried they would be moving again/murder / sucicide plot or that another child in the house was deteriorating rapidly and she was worried they wouldn’t survive if they stayed any longer.

Just my thoughts, sadly I think there will be much more horrific details to come in the following months.
Hugs to you

I need think it situations like this the bystander effect has a lot to answer for, people see odd snippets of odd behaviour but everyone thinks everyone else would have reported it, except no one does

I used to see a psychologist. He told me that abuse victims recover better if they could predict the abuse.

When the abuse appeared to be random to the child, far more emotional damage is done.

True. Parents like DT and LT who beat, strangle and abuse small defenseless children usually have poor impulse control as well as much repressed anger. Simple things can set them off and anger them and then they take out
their anger and frustration on one of the children. They're BIG BULLIES. They know the children have no recourse.
No one knows what they do so they do whatever they choose BEHIND CLOSED DOORS. Home is an absolute prison.
And the parents are the wardens.

Ok guys, so, I made this up. Photo of all of the survivors with their ages.

(ETA: Does anyone else get "404 - image not found"? - I do. If so, just click the thumbnail. Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue?)

cache.php

So there are approximately 8 years between the baby and the next oldest? I’ve had a thought lurking in my mind from the get-go..... IMO and just pure speculation on my part, I believe one of the older girls could possibly be the mother to that baby. There are not more than a year or two between each child and then such a big gap. If Louise was having trouble conceiving, that may have exacerbated the abuse, no?

Again, I have nothing to back that up but my own hinky meter. I’m sure testing on all the survivors will bring the truth forward in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So there are approximately 8 years between the baby and the next oldest? I’ve had a thought lurking in my mind from the get-go..... IMO and just pure speculation on my part, I believe one of the older girls could possibly be the mother to that baby. There are not more than a year or two between each child and then such a big gap. If Louise was having trouble conceiving, that may have exacerbated the abuse, no?

Again, I have nothing to back that up but my own hinky meter. I’m sure testing on all the survivors will bring the truth forward in time.

I have been wondering the same

Definitely possible and such a wretched and awful thought. Poor, poor children. I can’t wrap my brain around the possibility that it could be true and THAT much worse than we think already [emoji20]

Agreed. I suspect what is required is a single large property of the sort of size that would be used for a group home. In reality this group is as large as would fill a medium sized child residential facility anyway. What single foster family could accommodate them unless they owned a hotel?

I predict they will collect enough money from a go fund me page to have a house, a cook, a teacher....a pool...etc...

There are pictures of LT being pregnant with youngest and holding youngest as a newborn . I was very happy to at least see that she gave birth to the youngest and not one of the other children. We know there was sexual abuse to an extent, though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5289527/David-Louise-Turpin-eloped-16.html

I've been lurking on these threads since they opened earlier in the week, and like everyone else, I'm simply horrified at everything we're learning. I pray that these victims (survivors) will get the help and support they need to live healthy, productive lives someday.

I wanted to share my experience as the spouse of an engineer who holds the uppermost level of security clearance as a 20-year employee of one of the same corporations that DT has worked for. He has worked as a contractor for both the US Dept of Defense and the Dept of Energy in this capacity. My husband has his security clearance renewed periodically, but I have never once been interviewed as part of that process. There has never been a home visit. Some relatives, such as his parents and mine, have occasionally been asked to verify his address.

It's possible that neighbors could be asked about whether we have brought home expensive new things, such as cars or boats, but to my knowledge that questioning has never occurred. There is also the possibility of our expenses, including lines of credit, being audited if it looked like we were spending tons of money, but we live very frugally and always have, so I am sure this has never happened. The reason behind it would have to do with a US government contractor taking bribes or some other form of payment from a shady entity, such as a foreign government in exchange for information.

My husband can also be randomly asked to take polygraph exams as well as drug tests. He has only had to take one polygraph in 20 years, but has a drug test every other year or so.

I think that DT was probably able to fly under the radar if he showed up and did his job. I know for a fact that some of my husband's coworkers would be considered "strange" by a lot of people, but if they are showing up, producing good work and not drawing attention to themselves (especially if working on a nighttime shift), it wouldn't be that difficult to deflect notice. I do wonder why the bankruptcy, foreclosures and excessive credit debt didn't draw notice. We personally would never make those kinds of choices as a family with a similar livelihood.

To be at shape in, we know horrible situation, but we don't know if they also suffer any disease or other mental challenge. LT was 16 when eloped and married DT. LT was not an adult at that time and was about 20 when oldest was born. We don't know anything of her mental ability then or now. I sure that will be one thing her attorney uses. We are all assuming a lot.

<modnsip>

Not giving either a pass of any kind just saying we don't know anything other than what LEO, DA, doctors and documents say as facts. Other so far are opinions from people who haven't had contact in some cases years. If anyone who has had contact, they definitely not going to come public. As they will be feeling bad and searching their own thoughts on how missed this. Or if knew why didn't report.
Even current neighbors comments, were not strange until came to light. Saw marching around in windows but never saw kids or adults outside? Lots of odd. Maybe just CA and people stay to self. But those homes awful close together.

Sorry for rant. I just don't trust media especially people who speak with various media who pay for photos. The ones from Daily Mail came from people who were FB friends with couple. Settings were set private. I have so prior to ddisabled. I'm sure friends of the page do too of when up and could view. Jmho

Perris is less than an hour's drive from Disneyland depending on traffic. For most people who live in southern California, Disneyland is a day trip..........go early, stay late and drive home late in the evening.

There are pictures of LT being pregnant with youngest and holding youngest as a newborn . I was very happy to at least see that she gave birth to the youngest and not one of the other children. We know there was sexual abuse to an extent, though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5289527/David-Louise-Turpin-eloped-16.html

My feeling is that Louise looks much, much younger in the picture of her pregnant. Just because it was posted 2/3 years ago doesn’t mean it was taken at that time. I may be completely off base, though. Thank you for posting the link [emoji4]

After I posted I started to think that the photo could be fake. I feel she looks about the right age, but who knows. She could have something under her shirt for all we know. The pictures of happy children were obviously and sadly staged. :(

I just read an article about the oldest boy attending a potluck at school and classmate said he scarfed down plate after plate and wouldn't sit at the table. My heart breaks over this. I wonder if mom was nearby as they stated she would wait for him.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...r-Sharing-Music-Class-With-Him-470086943.html

My feeling is that Louise looks much, much younger in the picture of her pregnant. Just because it was posted 2/3 years ago doesn&#8217;t mean it was taken at that time. I may be completely off base, though. Thank you for posting the link [emoji4]

I had the same thought. Either she has aged a lot in 2-3 years or that is an older photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Angelinazoomazooma