CA - 3-year-old twin boys die from possible overdose, mother Jestice James, 22, arrested on suspicion of murder, Los Angeles, 11 Jul 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ifindedout

Reaction score
https://ktla.com/news/local-news/2nd-toddler-dies-after-suspected-overdose-in-winnetka/
The other 3-year-old child sickened in an overdose in Canoga Park last week has died, police said.

The twin boys of 22-year-old Jestice James were in cardiac arrest when first responders found them late Thursday morning in the 20100 block of Sherman Way, police said, and one of the twins, Josiah James, died at the hospital later that day.

The other boy, whose name has not been released, was initially in critical condition but died on Saturday, according to Los Angeles Police Department spokesperson Norman Eisenman.

Earlier story
When officers with the LAPD Topanga station responded to their house in the 20000 block of Sherman Way Thursday at around 11:20 a.m., they found the two 3-year-old boys unresponsive.

After the children were taken to a hospital, one of the twins was pronounced dead while the other remained in critical condition, the LAPD said.

[...]

The mother, who was identified as 22-year-old Jestice James, appeared to have shared the home with other residents. She along with her roommates were questioned by the LAPD.

James, who was later arrested and booked for murder, was being held for $2 million bail Friday.

Note by me: the 20100 of Sherman Way is the correct block, and Winnetka is the correct neighborhood.

She faces life in prison if convicted of all charges. She's being held on $4 million bail.

A preliminary investigation indicated that the children "had ingested, or been exposed to, an unknown substance," police initially said. An official cause of death has not been released.

On Monday, Deputy District Attorney Jonathan Hatami identified the substance as fentanyl.
3-year-old boys die after fentanyl exposure in Canoga Park; mother charged with murder

Josiah James was pronounced dead at the hospital Thursday, according to the Los Angeles County medical examiner. His brother, whose name has not been released, died Saturday
[snip]
The boys had just celebrated their third birthday on July 9.
[snip]
However, law enforcement sources alleged that the toddlers came into contact with drugs laced with fentanyl, the highly potent synthetic opioid. The sources claimed the drugs were easily accessible in parts of the boys’ Canoga Park home.
Second Canoga Park toddler dies after exposure to deadly drugs, police say

I find it interesting that I can find no photos of this 22 year old mother nor can I locate any SM presence for her. Hopefully better sleuths than I can locate something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010
Back