Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
By Frances Watson |
Posted: Wed 10:25 PM, Jan 15, 2020
“[SBM]

Alex Holden was last seen by his girlfriend, Kennedi Perri on New Year's Eve morning.

She told police that they had an emotional discussion that night and that he walked off at 2:30 in the morning and never returned.

‘There's no sign that he's not still alive,’ said Calvin Holden.

There's been no trace of his son in two weeks.

The police said that if he was in the river, floating, he would have come up by now. If he's deceased along the trail they should be able to find him unless somebody dug him into the brush for some reason,’ he said.

Sacramento Police have pulled video surveillance captured at the time of his disappearance. Holden said officers are analyzing it now and are trying to confirm images that may be his son.

Meanwhile the search continues.

‘The family and friends went out yesterday, passed out fliers again,’ said Holden. ‘We've walked half of the alleged path that he went that night. We're going to cover the other half again today. The dogs will be out again on Friday and Saturday along those areas to see if they can pick up anything new that they missed or weren't around a few days ago.’

[SBM]

They're offering a $10,000 reward for any information that helps to find Alex.

They've also hired a private detective to help in their search.

‘There's not a shortage of hope. We're just trying something new everyday and waiting for a break,’ explained Holden.” (BBM)

Video at the link:
No trace of the son of two Greene County judges missing in California for two weeks

As we’ve discussed on here before, sometimes it takes bodies longer than expected to surface given the weather conditions etc and the possibility of being snagged on something that won’t allow the body to come up until well, not to be too gruesome...

But are the areas Alex is presumed have gone through if he walked as suggested isolated? It seems like they aren’t actual wildness areas. People are around. After two weeks, wouldn’t a body, even one hidden to some degree, begin to smell or attract curious animal activity? Even animal bodies attract attention in those ways. And if he’d been killed by some random person in the commission of a crime, the person wouldn’t have hung around to bury the body. Burying seems to be mostly for someone who is concerned about becoming a likely suspect if a murder were discovered.

So... Did he actually go elsewhere in a car after he left the apartment and meet with a bad end there? Did he just disappear intentionally? Again, the nature of the “conversation” to which we are not privy would determine if he had any reason just to take a break from his life.

It’s a very real puzzle, and the fact that there’s nothing definitively showing untoward activity keeps LE from being able to investigate deeply.

She told police that they had an emotional discussion that night and that he walked off at 2:30 in the morning and never returned.
^^sbm

Is this latest article worded differently? I was under the impression that AH had a destination (sleep at friend's place) when he left the apartment and didn't just walk off never to be seen or return.

The article makes it sound like he walked off in anger after an argument. MOO

The police said that if he was in the river, floating, he would have come up by now.
^^sbm
I'm not familiar with the river being searched for AH but recall another missing person case where weeks later the victim's body was found trapped between bridge supports after the body floated up. Hoping for resolution for Alex very soon.

As we’ve discussed on here before, sometimes it takes bodies longer than expected to surface given the weather conditions etc and the possibility of being snagged on something that won’t allow the body to come up until well, not to be too gruesome...

But are the areas Alex is presumed have gone through if he walked as suggested isolated? It seems like they aren’t actual wildness areas. People are around. After two weeks, wouldn’t a body, even one hidden to some degree, begin to smell or attract curious animal activity? Even animal bodies attract attention in those ways. And if he’d been killed by some random person in the commission of a crime, the person wouldn’t have hung around to bury the body. Burying seems to be mostly for someone who is concerned about becoming a likely suspect if a murder were discovered.

So... Did he actually go elsewhere in a car after he left the apartment and meet with a bad end there? Did he just disappear intentionally? Again, the nature of the “conversation” to which we are not privy would determine if he had any reason just to take a break from his life.

It’s a very real puzzle, and the fact that there’s nothing definitively showing untoward activity keeps LE from being able to investigate deeply.

I live by the river and there was a case where a young woman hung herself and it took a couple months before they found her. If you walk off the path or trail it's possible to disappear there.

<modsnip: off topic in this thread>

Last edited by a moderator:
He stated that he was going to follow the Sacramento Northern Bike Trail, which he'd run before during marathons. In the daytime. With lots of people.

Instead he left to walk it at 2:30 a.m.

I used to walk that trail, but only when a large male walking companion went with me. And only in broad daylight. Homeless people more than once came out of the bushes and headed straight towards us. Compared to them the coyotes were preferable.

I'm praying for him and his family and that he's found safe.

Link to the bike trail: Sacramento Northern Bikeway | California Trails | TrailLink

Why would one take that trail toward Natomas as KP theorizes he was heading? I lived in midtown for a while and have never heard of that trail ... just curious if it's called something else now or???

Why would one take that trail toward Natomas as KP theorizes he was heading? I lived in midtown for a while and have never heard of that trail ... just curious if it's called something else now or???
No, that's the name. If you go down 20th Street to C Street, take a left and there's a big arch on the right showing the entrance to the bike trail. It's a paved trail that look like it's leading into the wilderness.

This is a website set up to help find Alex. There is a great map with possible routes and a timeline.
FIND ALEX HOLDEN
It appears quite a bit of information has been added to the website overnight. Things can get buried fairly easily on Reddit, IMO, so I’m glad to see this:
7D37A1E4-37C9-407F-BAF9-7A721AF320C5.jpeg
“Our dear friend Alex has been missing from Sacramento, CA since the overnight hours of December 30-31, 2019

(Night of 12/30, morning of 12/31). He was wearing khakis, Birkenstock sandals, and the tan Patagonia fleece pullover shown in the picture above.

FAST FACTS ABOUT ALEX

He was carrying his passport, driver’s license, white iPhone 7 with a clear case and Amazon asset tag on the back, Bank of America credit card, house/car keys, $60 cash, and AirPods.

Favorite bars to frequent in Sacramento: Pink Flamingo, LowBrau, Mercantile, The Federalist.

Favorite Places to Visit: San Francisco, Sausalito, Yosemite, South Lake Tahoe, Berkeley.

Last ping from his phone was 20th & I st, but no confirmation of a true location and travel path from the morning of 12/31/19.”
FIND ALEX HOLDEN

From Alex’s NamUs profile:
“Footwear: Birkenstocks Sandals over White Socks”
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I wore my Birks everywhere during college. Still, I don’t believe it’s realistic to think that Alex intended to walk to Natomas that night/morning. MOO

ETA: I’m also curious as to how they were able to determine the amount of cash he had.

It appears quite a bit of information has been added to the website overnight. Things can get buried fairly easily on Reddit, IMO, so I’m glad to see this:
View attachment 226415
“Our dear friend Alex has been missing from Sacramento, CA since the overnight hours of December 30-31, 2019

(Night of 12/30, morning of 12/31). He was wearing khakis, Birkenstock sandals, and the tan Patagonia fleece pullover shown in the picture above.

FAST FACTS ABOUT ALEX

He was carrying his passport, driver’s license, white iPhone 7 with a clear case and Amazon asset tag on the back, Bank of America credit card, house/car keys, $60 cash, and AirPods.

Favorite bars to frequent in Sacramento: Pink Flamingo, LowBrau, Mercantile, The Federalist.

Favorite Places to Visit: San Francisco, Sausalito, Yosemite, South Lake Tahoe, Berkeley.

Last ping from his phone was 20th & I st, but no confirmation of a true location and travel path from the morning of 12/31/19.”
FIND ALEX HOLDEN

I wore my Birks everywhere during college. Still, I don’t believe it’s realistic to think that Alex intended to walk to Natomas that night/morning. MOO

ETA: I’m also curious as to how they were able to determine the amount of cash he had.
Now that you mention it, I wonder about the money, too. As for the shoes, it is California. I wear mules year-round. That said, it has been cold. Maybe not so bad if you're a brisk walker, though.

And, unfortunately, he had a lot of valuables on his person. :(

View attachment 226415

FAST FACTS ABOUT ALEX

FIND ALEX HOLDEN

Interesting about the cash, maybe they know the amount because he woke her up the 2nd time to ask for $60.

I’m interpreting the phone info to mean the last ping is at his home.

MOO

Last edited:
View attachment 226415

FAST FACTS ABOUT ALEX

FIND ALEX HOLDEN

Yes to all of this! Also, he had his passport? How do they know, and why?

Yes to all of this! Also, he had his passport? How do they know, and why?

Birks over socks isn’t unusual here in CA, even on Dec 30th, so that part doesn’t surprise me. I’m much more confused/surprised that he was planning on walking all the way to Natomas that time of night. I question whether that was ever actually his intent. Perhaps he just told his GF that. Because that just makes no sense IMO. Uber and Lyft too prevalent not to use at that hour and distance. And he had cash apparently as well.

As for the passport, I saw suggested on another site that he had a passport card, as opposed to the typical book. I’m not sure that’s been 100% confirmed (was just someone claiming to know), but it does make some sense to me. The CA Real ID is taking efffect in October of this year and if he hasn’t gotten a Real ID yet the passport card can substitute. He wouldn’t need it just yet, but I could see someone just keeping it on them as part of their ID. All hearsay at this point regarding the card vs book but it’s as good a theory proposed as I’ve seen.

MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back