Found Deceased CA - Alex Holden, 25, Sacramento, 31 Dec 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Really? Even if it's parked on the street?

Around here it'd be gone in a few days. Less, if there was a snowstorm.

Either way, I hope they looked in the trunk. He wouldn't be the first person who accidentally (or not) got locked in.
Yeh, around my way, we have street sweeping once a week and are not allowed to park on that side of the street. If we don’t move our cars, we get ticketed. So I didn’t find that comment questionable either.

Really? Even if it's parked on the street?

Around here it'd be gone in a few days. Less, if there was a snowstorm.

Either way, I hope they looked in the trunk. He wouldn't be the first person who accidentally (or not) got locked in.
Yeh, around my way, we have street sweeping once a week and are not allowed to park on that side of the street. If we don’t move our cars, we get ticketed. So I didn’t find that comment questionable either.

I thought that an odd statement when I heard it. A car can only be towed if it's parked in some kind of timed parking, or if the stickers are 6 months expired.

Gave me a "We're looking for you, but we're taking your car cause you'll never need it again" kind of feeling.
Doesn't work that way in Sacramento, they put a 3 day notice to tow your car if you are parked on the street too long.

As stated by multiple people... If anyone’s boyfriend or girlfriend leaves your apartment, would you know what shirt they were wearing? What shoes they were wearing? Pants? EarPods? The exact amount of cash? What is the probability of a phone dying as soon as you step outside?

And he “never drove his car.” It wouldn’t be towed. It was more like the family didn’t want the police looking inside of it. If it was a suicide, he’d be found by now.

Does anyone here also know anyone who uses a passport as a wallet? Raise your hand if you do. $60 is the exact cost of a cab to the airport if he didn’t want to be tracked via Uber or Lyft.

I have to theorize (my own opinion) that the emotional conversation was about something stupid he did. Fear of prison or a self ransom scheme he thought he could pull.

It could have been those stolen pallets at Amazon or something bigger.

I beg to differ. This just happened today in a lake. Not a fast running frigid river that scuba divers can only safely be in in wet suits for an hour.
Body of missing Notre Dame student found in lake on campus
Well, I guess anything is possible. It just all doesn’t add up to that. With that extensive search of the river, there is no doubt whatsoever that the body would be found. Ask any expert here on that river. Or ask the Sacramento Police.

You guys have kind of jumped on that body in the water theory the same way that you jumped on the theory of him walking an hour and a half to his buddies at 2:30 at night.

“He’s done it a million times before, only this time he didn’t make it.”

He’s jogged there a million times before during the day. Those jogs have all been logged. Were his buddies going to be awake at 4am waiting for him? Did he have a key to their place? I think the idea that he went there is absurd.

Do you know how many surveillance videos, ring door bells, government cameras he would have passed along the way?

Being an airline pilot, I do know that many people do miss red eye flights that leave at 1am because they think the flight is the following day. I do believe the “New Years Eve” thing could have been a factor in lack of video, but they would have something.

He either got a ride or never left that apartment.

<modsnip: quoted post was edited>

Regarding the pallets: That was a local news story for like a minute and seemed to be dropped quicker than I expected. I've heard it brought up by volunteers and there's a quick "that has nothing to do with this" from somebody and that's that. (I honestly didn't know who was who in the volunteer searches, so I don't know if that was an "official" comment or not.) I've not heard anyone from Amazon comment other than saying that he was a nice guy at work. At the very beginning, someone commented on a local news story to check "what was going on at Amazon" and I think it got deleted. Interesting theory, though.

Great post and there is no such thing as a coincidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
The family took the car “to prevent it from being ticketed or towed.”
How did AH move the car around beforehand to keep from getting ticketed if the car wasn't working? Unless he pushed it from one place to another. With a car like the one pictured in the video, I'd think he'd have it garaged somewhere.

How did AH move the car around beforehand to keep from getting ticketed if the car wasn't working? Unless he pushed it from one place to another. With a car like the one pictured in the video, I'd think he'd have it garaged somewhere.
Exactly. So, no reason to move it. If it’s not been running and has been parked at the apartment, then there would be no reason to move it. I think the apartment manager would be fairly understanding as well.

Exactly. So, no reason to move it. If it’s not been running and has been parked at the apartment, then there would be no reason to move it. I think the apartment manager would be fairly understanding as well.
Doesn't work that way in Sacramento, they put a 3 day notice to tow your car if you are parked on the street too long.
If what you're saying is correct, how did AH keep it from getting towed if it wasn't wotking before he went missing. In fact, Joseph.dale, where did you read or get the info the car had been towed. TIA.

As stated by multiple people... If anyone’s boyfriend or girlfriend leaves your apartment, would you know what shirt they were wearing? What shoes they were wearing? Pants? EarPods? The exact amount of cash? What is the probability of a phone dying as soon as you step outside?

And he “never drove his car.” It wouldn’t be towed. It was more like the family didn’t want the police looking inside of it. If it was a suicide, he’d be found by now.

Does anyone here also know anyone who uses a passport as a wallet? Raise your hand if you do. $60 is the exact cost of a cab to the airport if he didn’t want to be tracked via Uber or Lyft.

I have to theorize (my own opinion) that the emotional conversation was about something stupid he did. Fear of prison or a self ransom scheme he thought he could pull.

It could have been those stolen pallets at Amazon or something bigger.

First, he wore that pullover jacket a lot. There are several photos of him in it. And you can deduct what a person took with them by taking inventory of what's left behind.

Bank records would show whether he recently withdrew any money.

My daughter carries her passport as ID. She carries it everywhere. For months while she was without a driver's license, she used her passport.

If one of my kids went missing and left the car behind, one of the first things my husband would do is retrieve the vehicle - for a variety of reasons - mostly so it would not be towed but also to preserve evidence if the car contained any. His parents are judges who probably don't stop thinking like judges in their daily lives.

If I just found out my SO had done something criminal, we would be having a "heated" discussion rather than an emotional one.

If what you're saying is correct, how did AH keep it from getting towed if it wasn't wotking before he went missing. In fact, Joseph.dale, where did you read or get the info the car had been towed. TIA.
The family stated that they took possession of the car to prevent it from being towed. Even though it didn’t run and he never used it.

I agree that with the pare
First, he wore that pullover jacket a lot. There are several photos of him in it. And you can deduct what a person took with them by taking inventory of what's left behind.

Bank records would show whether he recently withdrew any money.

My daughter carries her passport as ID. She carries it everywhere. For months while she was without a driver's license, she used her passport.

If one of my kids went missing and left the car behind, one of the first things my husband would do is retrieve the vehicle - for a variety of reasons - mostly so it would not be towed but also to preserve evidence if the car contained any. His parents are judges who probably don't stop thinking like judges in their daily lives.

If I just found out my SO had done something criminal, we would be having a "heated" discussion rather than an emotional one.

I agree that with the parents being judges, they would take the car. They also would know what to say and what not to say as to not incriminate their son. He had a driver’s license. I would understand using the passport if he lost his driver’s license (which he did not.)

The vehicle may have been registered to AH parents so removing it in his absence would only be prudent, IMO.
Regardless, the moving of the car shouldn’t be the primary focus. But he did have his car keys. So it would take a tow truck and where would they tow it to? Back to Missouri? A storage facility?

Last edited:
Regardless, the moving of the car shouldn’t be the primary focus. But he did have his car keys. So it would take a tow truck and where would they tow it to? Back to Missouri? A storage facility?

Some people have more than one set of keys.

I don't get how moving an abandoned vehicle (municipal code) discounts the family's focus.

Car is gone, they were proactive. What's the problem? :eek:

Sorry to belabor this point, but why have a car that needs some maintenance, tags, inspection, $$$, if you don't have a driver's license and can't/won't drive it. This makes no sense. For whatever reason, this bugs me.

Sorry to belabor this point, but why have a car that needs some maintenance, tags, inspection, $$$, if you don't have a driver's license and can't/won't drive it. This makes no sense. For whatever reason, this bugs me.
Exactly

he has a driver’s license... according to findalexholden.com:

“He was carrying his passport, driver license, white iPhone 7 with a clear case and Amazon asset tag on the back, Bank of America credit card, house/car keys, $60 cash, and AirPods.”

I just wonder if he didn’t leave voluntarily for some reason. LE would keep in mind he is an adult and has a right to go wherever he wants, when he wants and have the privacy to do so. With his parents going back to work, I half think they believe that as well. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991
Back