DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Ankit Goyal, 28, a young lawyer, was last heard from by his father via a text message on Sept. 30, about 5 p.m. saying he was leaving Joshua Tree soon and would be back to his home in about two hours. That time frame would have placed his son in Box Canyon, directly in the path of a fast-moving storm.

Caltrans employees contacted the Riverside County Sheriff's Department on Oct. 2 after finding Goyal's empty silver Honda with significant damage in Box Canyon between Interstate 10 and Painted Canyon Road.

"The vehicle appeared to have been swept off the roadway in the canyon, possibly during recent storms on Sept. 30,"

El Centro lawyer missing since camping in Joshua Tree park in 'wrong place at right time'

c36abfc0-415c-440d-ba93-104706a0ba31-Ankit_Goyal_2.jpg

The vehicle of Ankit Goyal, 28, was found two days after he disappeared near Box Canyon in El Centro, according to the Desert Sun. Goyal had texted his father on September 30 that he was leaving Joshua Tree soon and to expect him home in about 2 hours.
The vehicle appeared to have been swept off the roadway in the canyon, possibly during recent storms on September 30,” Riverside County Sheriff’s Sgt. Andrew Nielsen told KESQ.
Missing El Centro man may have been swept away in flood

I lived in the desert area of southern California when I was a pilot. Flash floods are common and Box Canyon regularly has seen them. I doubt at this point they will find him. In mid-October the road was literally destroyed and this aerial video shows just how widespread the flooding was.
My condolences to his family, he seemed to be a very engaging and talented young man.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back