Found Deceased CA - Antoine Whittley, 17, exited rideshare on Richmond/San Rafael bridge after dispute, 10 Feb 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh No! This is not good.
Police said he last spoke on his cell phone to the friend he had been visiting about 8:30 p.m. Feb. 10. Police said based on the conversation between the two, it appeared the youth was still on the bridge. He told the friend he thought he was being followed before the phone disconnected, authorities said.Search continues for missing Richmond teen – The Mercury News

If he truly was paranoid and the driver missed the exit no wonder this young man got out.

Not that I can link anyway, but in a tweet from someone it shows the rideshares information. Antoine was only in the vehicle 11 minutes if that tweet is accurate.

Prayers for his family.

@briibaandzz is the Twitter page it is on.

Last edited:
Driver Who Picked Up Missing Teen Is Not A Suspect
Feb. 16, 2021Updated: Feb. 16, 2021 4:06 a.m.

The driver is reportedly cooperating in the ongoing search for missing 17-year-old Antoine Whittley, who was visiting a friend's house about 8:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of Marina Way South and took a ride share to return home to the Point Richmond area. He was last seen mid-span on the Richmond/San Rafael bridge. Police said Monday they had found and contacted the driver and do not consider him a person of interest in the case, which they are treating as a missing person case and not a criminal investigation.

Intense Search Underway For Missing Richmond Teen Antoine Whittley

Police ask that any person, who may have any information related to this crime please contact Detective Kris Palma at (510) 621-1276, email him at kpalma@richmondpd.net or contact Richmond’s anonymous tip line at (510) 307-T1PS (8177) or our non-emergency 24-hour number at (510) 233-1214.

"Police ask that any person, who may have any information related to this crime please contact....."
bbm

what crime?
the ride share driver is not considered a suspect, and it's being treated as a "missing person case and not a criminal investigation."

Please find this lad safe.

From the KTVU link in the first post: (bolded and underlined by me)
“Police also say the driver and Antione's friend described him as being paranoid the night he went missing.”

I had thought Antoine was acting paranoid after being dropped off on the bridge, due to thinking someone was following him, but this sentence says the driver describes Antoine as being paranoid, too. So, I guess this means that he was acting fearful during the ride, too?

Search for missing Richmond teen now includes $10,000 reward – East Bay Times

Feb 18

Police are offering $10,000 for information that leads to the whereabouts of Antoine Whittley, a 17-year-old Kennedy High student. He went missing Feb. 10, authorities said.

Richmond police will discuss the case and the reward at a press conference Friday morning.

Whittley visited a friend in the 300 block of Marina Way South on the night he went missing, police said.
He got into the rideshare vehicle to return to his home in Point Richmond, but the rideshare vehicle missed an exit and ended up on the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge around 8:30 p.m.
Whittley then got out of the vehicle.
Police said something occurred about mid-span that caused Whittley to get out of the car voluntarily.
Whittley spoke on his cell phone to the friend he visited at about 8:30 p.m., and police said the conversation between the two led them to believe Whittley was still on the bridge. Whittley told his friend he thought he was being followed.

If he truly was paranoid and the driver missed the exit no wonder this young man got out.

Not that I can link anyway, but in a tweet from someone it shows the rideshares information. Antoine was only in the vehicle 11 minutes if that tweet is accurate.

Prayers for his family.

@briibaandzz is the Twitter page it is on.

thank you!

wax pen...

Exactly. Or any of this weed with too much THC. May mellow your friend, but swear Ted Bundy is after you.

Maybe sans weed a psychotic break. Not sure, but doesn't schizophrenia show itself near this age?

Or the poor kid had a legit reason! Man,hoping they find him whole and ready to hug family.

Exactly. Or any of this weed with too much THC. May mellow your friend, but swear Ted Bundy is after you.

Maybe sans weed a psychotic break. Not sure, but doesn't schizophrenia show itself near this age?

Or the poor kid had a legit reason! Man,hoping they find him whole and ready to hug family.

that makes me shudder :( i hope he wasnt scared of a real threat. but then again even if he was scared because he was high he is still missing so its not better.

As was feared here on this thread, Antoine and his friend had taken hallucinogenic drugs before the rideshare.

Antoine stated that he was on the bridge and said, told KJ, that they were trying to kidnap me, and I am walking on the bridge now. He also told KJ, I may have to jump off. Those were the last words that KJ heard from Antoine, the phone disconnected," Sgt. Pomeroy.”

What a tragedy. He’s not been found, but it’s thought he may have jumped, from what he stated, plus his state of mind.

Richmond police ask for help in search for missing teen Antoine Whittley

As was feared here on this thread, Antoine and his friend had taken hallucinogenic drugs before the rideshare.

Antoine stated that he was on the bridge and said, told KJ, that they were trying to kidnap me, and I am walking on the bridge now. He also told KJ, I may have to jump off. Those were the last words that KJ heard from Antoine, the phone disconnected," Sgt. Pomeroy.”

What a tragedy. He’s not been found, but it’s thought he may have jumped, from what he stated, plus his state of mind.

Richmond police ask for help in search for missing teen Antoine Whittley
This is terrible! And makes me very sad. :(
I HOPE that he did not jump!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member