CA CA - Areli Garcia, 25, last seen at home in Salinas, missed work, car found Big Sur with pers poss & phone, 22 Sept 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1663977262984.png

Salinas Police Facebook:

SALINAS, Calif. (KION-TV)- Salinas Police are looking for a woman who went missing from her Salinas home Thursday morning.

Areli Garcia, 25, is believed to be in the Big Sur area, according to police.

The family adds that she was last seen in a hoodie and sweatpants at 6:30 a.m. She didn't report for work at 7 a.m.

Her car was found with her belongings and phone in Big Sur, said her family

SMH. It's worrisome and scary that her family said her car and her phone were found with her belongings in her car in Big Sur. Where is she? She must have gone somewhere with someone, whether she was willing or not.
Could there be any worries about self-harm?
Seems to me that if she were going somewhere with someone, she would have at least taken her phone. Why Big Sur? It's a beautiful area. From Salinas to Big Sur is about 47 miles, taking about 1 hour.
Her family has got to be very worried. Has she ever done anything like this before?
I don't use FB, so I may be missing something that would shed more light on this.

Last edited:

SALINAS. Calif. (KION-TV)- It's been four days since 25-year-old Areli Garcia was reported missing.

According to Public Information Officer Miguel Cabrera of Salinas PD, things seemed all wrong from the beginning when she was reported missing on Thursday.

“She had failed to show up for work on that day which is very unusual for her,” Officer Cabrera said. “She also left without saying anything to friends or family members.”

Information given to Salinas PD led them to search for Garcia in Big Sur. Her car was then discovered in the area with her belongings and a phone inside.

Cabrera added that at this point, the investigation is being handled as a missing person case. There are no indications that Garcia took her own life.

“Monterey County Sheriff's Office and their rescue team conducted a search of that area, and they were unsuccessful in finding Areli,” Officer Cabrera said.

Investigators have spoken to friends and family to get as much information as possible, yet no one has provided information that can help detectives find her.

Officer Cabrera stated that their focus is, “Obviously, our hope and our goal is to bring her home safely.”

Friends who work with her tell KION, Areli's family is kindly asking for their privacy at this time as they’re still grieving and processing thing

SALINAS. Calif. (KION-TV) UPDATE Oct. 6, 2022, at 6:27 p.m.- It's been two weeks since a Salinas woman went missing.

Family and friends headed to Big Sur, still hoping to find her.

Salinas Police previously told us that 25-year-old Areli Garcia is considered missing, and there are no indications that she took her own life.

Family and friends organized a search party for Garcia in Big Sur today. It was along that coast that Garcia's car was found with her belongings inside.

"We're all family and friends just trying to look for answers. it's been since the 22nd, and we don't know where she's at. we miss her and want her to come home," said Abby Gomez.

Areli Garcia's family asking for more support in search – KION546
Family members telling KION they are frustrated with Salinas Police and the lack of information they are being given about the investigation.

"We were supposed to get the support today, and they called us last minute that they weren't going to be able to show up," said family spokesperson Abby Gomez. "And I think that's where the frustration lays because we feel we don't have the support. I understand that there are other cases, but this case is also important to us. "

Family members also told KION that Areli has a sweet and bubbly personality and that disappearing without a word is completely unlike her.

Salinas Police say they need the public's assistance in searching for Areli. They do not have enough evidence gathered to know what exactly happened to her. For now, they will investigate her disappearance as a missing person case.

Areli's car was found in the Big Sur Area with her cell phone in the car. The family tells us the coordinates given to them by police where they found her car are 41100-41432 CA-1, Big Sur, CA, 93920.

This article previously incorrectly stated that Salinas Police believe Areli Garcia did not take her own life. That was not accurate, as Salinas Police have no evidence to suggest what happened to her.

1st Salina's PD post - Facebook
2nd Salina's PD post - Facebook

I came across this article about another young woman from the area. I wonder how police can state there is no connection to Areli when they don't know where Areli is or what happened to her.

UPDATE NOV. 8, 2022, at 12:53 p.m.- The Monterey County Sheriff's Office said they are actively investigating the suspicious death of a Salinas woman found in Big Sur back in August.

Kayeleigh Alyssa Gammil, 20, body was recovered off Highway 1 in the Big Sur area on August 30, nearly two weeks after being reported missing, said detectives. This investigation is very active, and detectives are searching through various leads. They are asking the public to come forward with any information.

Detectives are investigating this case as a suspicious death and not a suicide.
Detectives also say this case has no relation to the disappearance of another Salinas woman who went missing in Big Sur, Areli Garcia.

KION just posted video of her leaving her apt and getting in her car.
I think you are speaking of the video at link? The date is 9/22/22, not today :)

SBBM

Arelie Garcia's family said they started a website where people can donate in search efforts for her. They can also keep up with the latest information on her case.

84688.jpg

snipped from up thread...
... The family tells us the coordinates given to them by police where they found her car are 41100-41432 CA-1, Big Sur, CA, 93920.

Can anyone find this location (bbm above) the police gave the family as to where Areli's car was found?

snipped from up thread...

Can anyone find this location (bbm above) the police gave the family as to where Areli's car was found?

I spent a good half-hour trying to figure it out when it was first released and got nowhere (they called them coordinates, which made me think GPS, but I think it's actually a range of street numbers).

In the article linked right before your post, it says her car was found "near the Little Sur River in Big Sur".

When I search both #41100 and #41432 Cabrillo Hwy (CA-1) on Google Maps, it shows them as being by the Point Sur Naval Facility, which is a couple miles south of where the Little Sur River meets the Pacific Ocean.

I spent a good half-hour trying to figure it out when it was first released and got nowhere (they called them coordinates, which made me think GPS, but I think it's actually a range of street numbers).

In the article linked right before your post, it says her car was found "near the Little Sur River in Big Sur".

When I search both #41100 and #41432 Cabrillo Hwy (CA-1) on Google Maps, it shows them as being by the Point Sur Naval Facility, which is a couple miles south of where the Little Sur River meets the Pacific Ocean.

Hi I found her car on Google maps 36.330354,-121.891766

link Google Maps

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230106-145501_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20230106-145501_Maps.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 54

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics