CA - Armie, 89, & Shirley Isom, 74, murdered at their La Verne estate, 26 Dec 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The dogs went missing? How convenient and if connected to the murders, shows someone was planning this weeks ago. The "transient" would be eliminated as a POI.

MOO

Totally agree with you, the dogs were 'disappeared' in preparation. Chances are a family member of some description IMO, someone who would have been in line to benefit financially, my opinion.

First time posting. I live in the area and have heard from neighbors that the couple's "guard dogs" had gone missing about 6 weeks earlier. Also, the daughter lives a few houses down.

:wagon: dnyevrtng Thank you for the local information!! :)

Totally agree with you, the dogs were 'disappeared' in preparation. Chances are a family member of some description IMO, someone who would have been in line to benefit financially, my opinion.
Perhaps also the dogs' disappearance was part of a veiled threat against the couple.

:(

MOO

"As confirmed by detectives, neighbors said Armie Isom was involved in a number of business dealings; subdividing property on the lot in La Verne; commercial businesses; and gold mines.
He was also involved in a massive lawsuit said to be worth $20 million.
Court records show that a previous lawsuit filed by the Isoms’ one-time son-in-law was dismissed. Detectives said they are looking into other lawsuits."
^ http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015...-wanted-in-murder-of-elderly-la-verne-couple/^. dtd Jan 7, bbm

Is discussing lawsuits off limits, if we find info on ct docket or filings? Seems like they could identify a motive, esp a dismissed lawsuit.
Lawsuit are not off limits...but posting names is.

links are great.

Friday, February 13, 2015
LA VERNE, Calif. (KABC) --
Detectives hit the streets on Friday armed with fliers in hopes of finding the person who killed an elderly couple.

SNIP

"We picked this particular location because this is one of the last known areas that we knew him to travel on foot," said Lt. Dave Coleman of the L.A. County Sheriff's Department.

http://abc7.com/news/deputies-hand-out-sketch-of-killer-in-la-verne-double-murder/516810/

and then there is this update regarding the adult children post murders

​Murdered La Verne couple’s children fighting over inheritance

D Isom alleges in a fraud and elder abuse suit filed in Los Angeles Superior Court Tuesday that Shirley Isom’s daughter, M Scarlatelli, conspired to defraud Troy Isom by misappropriating funds from his bank accounts and to use a threat of physical harm to take control of his separate property and his estate holdings, “thereby altering the rights of inheritance of daughter D and her brother and sister.”

very interesting reading. Thank you SophieRose.

From May:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-arrest-la-verne-slayings-20150506-story.html

A jailhouse DNA swab has led investigators to the man they believe killed an elderly La Verne couple at their hilltop estate the day after Christmas.

Luke Fabela, 23, had served state prison time and was arrested on suspicion of vehicle theft in San Bernardino a few weeks after the slayings...

The killer acted alone and did not know the victims before bludgeoning and stabbing them to death near their front door, said Lt. Dave Coleman... Investigators have not determined a motive, though the crime was not a murder-for-hire, Coleman said.

A transient accused of bludgeoning an older La Verne couple to death and stealing the wife’s cellphone pleaded not guilty to murder charges on Tuesday, the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office said.

(...)

Fabela, arraigned Tuesday in a Pomona courthouse, has been charged with two counts of murder with the special circumstance of multiple murders in the commission of a robbery; one count of second-degree robbery; and one count of first-degree residential burglary.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-transient-laverne-deaths-20160712-snap-story.html

This doesn't make sense to me. A transient in that area, somehow enters the only gated property in that area, kills the people, and takes a cellphone? In the meantime, the family members almost immediately started going nutzo about the inheritence

The transient may have done it, but I think someone put him up to it. JMO.

Edited to add: I followed this case as it was first happening although I just realized I had not previously posted on this thread. I remember looking at maps and looking at photos. Anyhow, I thought early on and I still think someone put him up to it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back