Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #2 *4 arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
stockton is far from that area. was that Ruiz guy from stockton or did he move there?

Yeah, Stockton is several hours away in a different part of California . I would assume they mean he is orignally from Stockton, however Ruiz was charged with being an accessory to the murder after the fact. This could mean several things, but it leads me to believe he was involved with moving the car to where it was found. He could have been in the area for god knows how long.

We didn't get much info, but I think we got two big things out of this press conference.
1 - the remains were discovered. So terribly tragic but at least some closure, their souls can rest where their family is comfortable.
2 - they knew the killers (perhaps through a "mutual acquantaince"). this was not random. Whether that's an angry ex, drug deal gone wrong -- IDK. Also, 2 of the men were charged with "killing a witness", in regards to Audrey's death. This would lead you to believe someone with knowledge of what happened told the police

DBM

Authorities file murder charges in Audrey Moran, Jonathan Reynoso case
LE has apparently found remains. GOOD! Not only does the family have remains to bury but LE has potential evidence on the cause and manner of death. I thought this was one case that wasn't going to be solved. I'm curious as to how this went down and the motive. Like any motive would really make sense anyway.

One of the cases that has brought me to sign up with Websleuths was Audrey & Jonathan's case, as time went by I hoped this case would not turn cold & although my heart feels heavy I am glad they finally found them. With that being said it stuck out to me how on the press conference the officer said something along the lines of "this was not an easy murder, this was very bad" I pray they get the justice they deserve.RIP angels

So at the beginning they thought it was drug related because of Brawley and because John was about to be evicted for not paying the rent. Rios wife has a lot of stuff from 2017 on fb but seems like they are no longer together. Also theres a post on Rios fb that calls hi . Rapist. Does anyone knows if he has been accused of rape before?

Audrey Moran, 26, of Indio and Jonathon Reynoso, 28, of Palm Desert disappeared May 12, 2017. An intense investigation that involved hundreds of interviews and more than 50 search warrants served led to the grim discovery of their remains in the Coachella Valley "over the last several days," Riverside County Sheriff Chad Bianco said Tuesday during a news briefing.

Remains Of Missing Couple Found In Coachella Valley

Audrey Moran, 26, of Indio and Jonathon Reynoso, 28, of Palm Desert disappeared May 12, 2017. An intense investigation that involved hundreds of interviews and more than 50 search warrants served led to the grim discovery of their remains in the Coachella Valley "over the last several days," Riverside County Sheriff Chad Bianco said Tuesday during a news briefing.

Remains Of Missing Couple Found In Coachella Valley

Also from your link:

COACHELLA VALLEY, CA — Charges were filed Tuesday against three men arrested in connection with the disappearance of a couple who went missing in the Coachella Valley more than three years ago, and there may be more suspects and/or witnesses in the case.

More suspects/witnesses?! I had a feeling that several people were involved...but whoa! I'm so heartbroken for their families, but happy they'll have closure.
I think the details of what happened are going to be absolutely horrific.
I hope the families have good support systems as the emotional toll is going to be compounded if they hear the details.
Fly high Audrey and Jonathan, you will be greatly missed .

Finally we have answers for what happened to Jonathan and Audrey. It’s taken a long time. We ran out of anything to sleuth and LE wasn’t throwing us any bones to gnaw on.

At least the families got their babies back. And 3 people were arrested for them not being in this world anymore.
I’m so glad there are answers. We knew pretty much that they weren’t alive.

I'm so sorry this happened to them. They had their whole lives ahead of them.

Wow, some of these cases are moving along. The remains of Scree Mokkapatti were found on Mt. Baldy, remains of Pvt. Vanessa Guillen, soldier from Ft. Hood, TX were probably found yesterday, and Jonathan Reynoso and Audrey Moran were found and 3 arrested for their murder.

Answers are slowing coming in.

RIP Jonathan and Audrey.

It seems like everyone here thinks the special allegation is because Audrey witnessed Jonathon being killed but if you know California law that special allegation says:
CALCRIM No. 725. Special Circumstances: Murder of Witness, Pen. Code, § 190.2(a)(10)

this to me would mean the allegation had nothing to do with Jonathon’s murder and maybe she was a witness in some other case and that was their motive :(

It could be either. If they killed Jonathan in front of her would she not qualify as a witness to a crime? The details will come out soon, either way

It could be either. If they killed Jonathan in front of her would she not qualify as a witness to a crime? The details will come out soon, either way
No its not possible that the witness situation has to do with her seeing Jonathon being killed. To prove the special allegation there is very specific criteria. Please read the link i posted.

No its not possible that the witness situation has to do with her seeing Jonathon being killed. To prove the special allegation there is very specific criteria. Please read the link i posted.

I think I see what you're saying now. There's definitely more to this that is being kept quiet.

"3. The killing was not committed during the commission [or
attempted commission] of the crime to which
was a witness;"

("A killing is committed during the commission [or attempted
commission] of a crime if the killing and the crime are part of one
continuous transaction.")

So it is referencing a different crime that she was witness to, if I'm reading this right

I think I see what you're saying now. There's definitely more to this that is being kept quiet.

was a witness;"

So it is referencing a different crime that she was witness to, if I'm reading this right
Yes.. Sorry for some reason I couldn’t copy and paste from my phone. But it seems like it is definitely referencing another crime.

was a witness;"

But the footnotes also say

--

“Continuous Transaction” in Context of Witness Special Circumstance
“[T]o establish one continuous criminal transaction, the time-lag between the first
and second killing does not matter so much as whether the defendant shows a
common criminal intent toward all the victims upon the initiation of the first
criminal act.
When that criminal intent toward all victims is present, the criminal
transaction does not conclude until the killing of the final victim.” (People v. San
Nicolas (2004) 34 Cal.4th 614, 655 [21 Cal.Rptr.3d 612, 101 P.3d 509].)
HOMICIDE CALCRIM No. 725

--

BBM. So hypothetically, if Jonathan was say, killed during a drug deal while Audrey sat in the car. Then the perps decide "well, now we have to kill her too since she was a witness". Is that considered a continuous transaction? Since there was different intent?

But the footnotes also say

--

“Continuous Transaction” in Context of Witness Special Circumstance
“[T]o establish one continuous criminal transaction, the time-lag between the first
and second killing does not matter so much as whether the defendant shows a
common criminal intent toward all the victims upon the initiation of the first
criminal act.
When that criminal intent toward all victims is present, the criminal
transaction does not conclude until the killing of the final victim.” (People v. San
Nicolas (2004) 34 Cal.4th 614, 655 [21 Cal.Rptr.3d 612, 101 P.3d 509].)
HOMICIDE CALCRIM No. 725

--

BBM. So hypothetically, if Jonathan was say, killed during a drug deal while Audrey sat in the car. Then the perps decide "well, now we have to kill her too since she was a witness". Is that considered a continuous transaction? Since there was different intent?
That’s up to the court to decide. The DA certainly could be using this logic in adding this special circumstance to their charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member