CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does he have to wait to declare BT deceased?
Does it make it difference which state she would be assumed in or her last known state of occupancy?
Does he need to show the court evidence that she is presumed deceased? What would that evidence consist of?
Because last I heard, he thought she was whisked away and taken to Las Vegas.
moo

How long does he have to wait to declare BT deceased?
Does it make it difference which state she would be assumed in or her last known state of occupancy?
Does he need to show the court evidence that she is presumed deceased? What would that evidence consist of?
Because last I heard, he thought she was whisked away and taken to Las Vegas.
moo
Legally Declaring Dead In Arizona - Person is Presumed Dead
AZ is five years - so four more years. He may try for a guardianship if she had assets in her name only that he needs to control - if they own property as husband and wife she would need to sign for selling I believe unless he has her Power of Attorney.
JMO

I'm not sure if folks have already commented on the hand written endearments left on tiny folded pieces of paper that RT said Barbara routinely left under his bed pillow at night...but I found it unsettling that RT chose to disclose this private ritual they shared by unfolding a note from Barbara on national T.V. while interviewed about her disappearance. The subliminal message I got from his demonstration was "this is all I have left from/of her." Which, in my opinion, is a way of compartmentalizing and reducing someone to a past remembrance.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if folks have already commented on the hand written endearments left on tiny folded pieces of paper that RT said Barbara routinely left under his bed pillow at night...but I found it unsettling that RT chose to disclose this private ritual they shared by unfolding a note from Barbara on national T.V. while interviewed about her disappearance. The subliminal message I got from his demonstration was "this is all I have left from/of her." Which, in my opinion, is a way of compartmentalizing and reducing someone to a past remembrance.
I hadn’t thought of that. It did strike me as odd because I felt like he was trying to prove she loved him. Like, why did that matter unless he was trying to float the idea that she wouldn’t have just taken off. I don’t know.

My apologies for interrupting the discussion. Please.do not comment on this thread about donations. Click here if you have questions

Dear Websleuths Members and Guests,

We need your help as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your wonderful generosity. Your donations have enabled Websleuths to continue operating!!!

However we still need more help to keep Websleuths operating.

Things are difficult for everyone and it pains me to have to ask but I want make sure Websleuths does not go dark.

If you have already donated I feel once is plenty!

If by chance you are just finding out that Websleuths needs help and you are able to make a donation we would really appreciate it. (people have told me in the past they had no idea WS needed help so I am putting this post in more places on the forum)

If you can make any donation, no matter how small, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here is our PayPal link. Pay Websleuths.com, LLC using PayPal.Me

You can join our Patreon channel for as low as 5 dollars a month
www.patreon.com/websleuthsradiopodcast

Many people have suggested we start charging people membership fees.
CLICK HERE for the explanation as to why this cannot happen at Websleuths.

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE A DONATION UNLESS YOU CAN TRULY AFFORD TO DO SO!!!

Websleuths is my full-time job. I love being a part of such an amazing community and feel very fortunate that I am able to combine my passion with my job.

On behalf of all the mods, admins, and all other wonderful volunteers on Websleuths thank you.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Owner, Websleuths.com
PS below is my email feel free to write with any questions.
triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

I hadn’t thought of that. It did strike me as odd because I felt like he was trying to prove she loved him. Like, why did that matter unless he was trying to float the idea that she wouldn’t have just taken off. I don’t know.

yes...exactly the impression I have--RT's demeanor reflects a man that regrets rather than worries or is determined to find his spouse. IMO, Barbara's disappearance seems to be based more on a interpersonal conflict between her and RT than a misadventure due to illness, error of walking direction or an accident. I think Barbara at the time of her disappearance was actively trying to leave the fifth wheel and her husband, and then something happened...just what isn't clear to me.

I like this picture of Barbara and Lexi. You have to click on the thumb nail to see it--very nice that someone in her family/friends group submitted the picture for the public to see in the beginning of the search for her.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 3.25.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 3.25.41 PM.png
    293.7 KB · Views: 140
Ha ha, the county is spelled Mohave but the desert is Mojave? That must cause all kinds of confusion! Moo.
I live in Mohave County (12 years) 30 miles from Barbara's place--and the ambiguity of word meanings here is only half of the curious and often unexplainable things people encounter when deciding to live here. By the way, the beautiful, (full leafed) deep green tree in the background of Barbara and Lexi's picture is remarkable!

All IMO

The reason, imo, RT opined that BT was taken by vehicle was he knew the sheer impossibility that she would be able to, in that location, go far under her own locomotion.

It’s like taking a walk across an iron skillet over a gas flame set on high.

R did not report any signs of heat exhaustion or heat stroke in B when he saw her just minutes before.

IMO of sudden hiking deaths in CA they die in their boots right there on the trial [or collapse right on the trail].

PB was a Canadian hiking by himself.

BT was with a partner minutes earlier and headed to a known destination a short visible distance away.

BT’s lush green tree tells me she understands desert ecosystems.

All imo

IMO, I don't believe the official search effort for BT would have continued for at least 9-10 days if they did not believe she was in that area, on foot. Many see this as foul play, I just don't on this one.

The truth is none of us know the health of BT on that day or leading up to that day.

I believe she got turned around when they became separated and think it's possible during that time of (perhaps) extra exerted (stress/panic) energy, she could have absolutely had a medical emergency due to the heat. Maybe he assumed or she said she was heading straight back to the RV but instead detoured. Who knows.

I don't really believe RT when he said they were only separated for minutes before he started again on the trail after taking pics. I believe it was much longer (and he downplayed it) and they possibly could have fought or been impatient with each other before she headed off alone. Again, I don't think he harmed her.

Sadly, I believe the search will stay suspended for her unless new information comes forward. The family is on their own now with searches. I also believe the two sides of the families are split (hers vs. his) and it's probably a sad state of affairs behind the scenes.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member