Found Deceased CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who feels they need to see cause of death on the death certificate (I don't), can obtain an "informational copy" which costs ~$21 through this link:
Authorized Copy vs. Informational Copy

In California it is public record. You can't, however, obtain a certified copy unless you meet certain requirements such as next of kin, attorney, etc.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Who Said "Resolved"?
..."Last updated December 27, 2020; case resolved."
As you point out, "case resolved" as of yesterday. I wouldn't expect any further info will be made available to the public as this is not a criminal case. Amateur opinion and speculation
@rosesfromangels Thx for your post.
"case resolved" stmt. came from Charley Project website,* not SBSD or other LE, afaik.

In Dec 18 NIXLE release** & since then, afaik, LE has not revealed anything about nature or status of investigation.
so I wondered if I missed an update, thought maybe someone recalled differently, maybe could provide a link.

SBSD's Dec 18 update "No other details are available for release at this time" bbm suggests imo, they anticipate they may release info later. Like after autopsy report is finalized; Death Cert is issued? my2cts, could be wrong.

"

^ http://nixle.us/CE3JA

Who Said "Resolved"?
"case resolved" stmt. came from Charley Project website,* not SBSD or other LE, afaik.

In Dec 18 NIXLE release** & since then, afaik, LE has not revealed anything about nature or status of investigation.
so I wondered if I missed an update, thought maybe someone recalled differently, maybe could provide a link.

SBSD's Dec 18 update "No other details are available for release at this time" bbm suggests imo, they anticipate they may release info later. Like after autopsy report is finalized; Death Cert is issued? my2cts, could be wrong.

See post a few upthread. You can order death cert. with COD if you like.
LE and family are under no obligation to provide additional info to the public unless this has been deemed a criminal matter, which there is nothing to suggest it is that I am aware of. The death cert. is the definitive document. In California, it is a public record.

LE and family are under no obligation to provide additional info to the public unless this has been deemed a criminal matter, which there is nothing to suggest it is that I am aware of. The death cert. is the definitive document. In California, it is a public record. Amateur opinion and speculation
@angelsfromroses Thx for your response.
I understand LE is not obligated to release any further info to public.

I'm wondering if LE released some info to public since Dec 18, and I missed it. Anyone? Thx in adv.

LE and family are under no obligation to provide additional info to the public unless this has been deemed a criminal matter, which there is nothing to suggest it is that I am aware of. The death cert. is the definitive document. In California, it is a public record.

Are you saying Barbara's autopsy is complete and cause of death has been determined?

Are you saying Barbara's autopsy is complete and cause of death has been determined?
I am not going to speak for the Coroner. You can call his office and ask if the death certificate with cause of death is ready. Get it straight from the source vs. an amateur sleuther.

@angelsfromroses Thx for your response.
I understand LE is not obligated to release any further info to public.

I'm wondering if LE released some info to public since Dec 18, and I missed it. Anyone? Thx in adv.
: )
See last response to dmac55 a post or two up.
Y'all need to hear/see the official document from the Coroner.
I have no authority to speak for them.

I am not going to speak for the Coroner. You can call his office and ask if the death certificate with cause of death is ready. Get it straight from the source vs. an amateur sleuther.

It's ok.

I asked because you have encouraged people several times, to get their own copy of Barbara's death certificate, with cause of death, including giving a link where they can do so

I don't understand why that's being suggested

It's ok.

I asked because you have encouraged people several times, to get their own copy of Barbara's death certificate, with cause of death, including giving a link where they can do so

I don't understand why that's being suggested
Because we have folks on the thread who absolutely believe foul play is involved. I think it will be important for them to see the official COD from the Coroner.

Who Said "Resolved"?

So, in this context, ‘resolved’ simply means that she’s no longer a missing person, I assume.

Criminal Investigation?
@mlhenn bbm. Thx for your post and link.

IIUC, The Charley Project's "resolved" status = BT is no longer missing, iow, remains were identified as hers.
IIUC, that stmt does not reflect status/nature of LE's current investigation, i.e., criminal or non-criminal.

LE's Dec 18 NIXLE stmt says "cause of death is pending"* and
"INCIDENT: Missing Person/Death Investigation"* bbm Before Dec. 18, did <-- say "Missing Person" only?

Does anyone recall --- before Dec 18, did SBSD characterize case as:
- anything other than "Missing Person"?*
- "Death Investigation" (LE phrasing in Dec. 18 update)?*
- "criminal investigation" which LE did not say in Dec 18 update?*
Thx in adv.

On November 27, 2020 two people were hiking in a field off Kelbaker Road when they discovered human remains. On November 28th a further search was conducted, and additional bones and evidence was recovered.
The remains have been positively identified as Barbara Thomas. The cause of death is pending.
No other details are available for release at this time.
"

As far as I can tell, "case resolved" on that site means that the person or their remains have been found. The cause of death is still pending. We don't know whether further information will be made available or not.

JMO
@al66pine as @LAhiker stated I believe on The Charley Project site, ‘case resolved’ means the person is no longer missing (found safely or remains found).

I’m not sure how LE classified this case...whether anything in addition to a missing person’s case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99