Found Deceased CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s an interesting idea that I had never considered. But it is exactly the kind of thing my family would have done on our many RV excursions/vacations.

ETA: I’m sure LE know this.
Yes, Robert told Barbara's nephew the chairs were set up outside of the RV, so it seems they were either sitting there (maybe eating and drinking a beer) before they went on the hike or were planning on sitting there when they returned. Imo

I haven't followed the case closely; when was Barbara last seen by someone other than husband?
Welcome to the thread! Barbara is well loved by many of us here.

Barbara was last seen by someone other than her husband the morning of the day she went missing. She dropped her dog for boarding before they head out for their planned RV excursion.

Welcome to the thread! Barbara is well loved by many of us here.

Barbara was last seen by someone other than her husband the morning of the day she went missing. She dropped her dog for boarding before they head out for their planned RV excursion.
I think she was also seen by a neighbor that morning, before they left. Imo

Always thinking of Barbara. I assume her death is still being investigated, otherwise I believe we would have heard that it was natural causes or undetermined but wasn't deemed suspicious. Not to say it couldn't have been natural causes, but personally, I don't believe they wouldn't announce that if they knew, given the suspicions around the husband. JMO.

I hope there are answers soon, either way.

Always thinking of Barbara. I assume her death is still being investigated, otherwise I believe we would have heard that it was natural causes or undetermined but wasn't deemed suspicious. Not to say it couldn't have been natural causes, but personally, I don't believe they wouldn't announce that if they knew, given the suspicions around the husband. JMO.

I hope there are answers soon, either way.
I think if LE had any indication that there was foul play or that Barbara died from something other than natural causes, they would have opened up a homicide investigation. Imo

Was there a presser when Barbara's body was found? I know LE gave the information to the media but wondering if they actually went on camera with the announcement.

And that makes me think of a just missing person cases in general question: Does LE always make it public when a missing person's case becomes a homicide investigation? I suspect they do?

I think if LE had any indication that there was foul play or that Barbara died from something other than natural causes, they would have opened up a homicide investigation. Imo

Was there a presser when Barbara's body was found? I know LE gave the information to the media but wondering if they actually went on camera with the announcement.

And that makes me think of a just missing person cases in general question: Does LE always make it public when a missing person's case becomes a homicide investigation? I suspect they do?
I'm not aware of a PC. I think LE just released a statement that her body had been found.

I think it depends on the case as to whether or not LE makes it public that they are conducting a homicide investigation. Sometimes they make it public before a body is found if there is enough evidence that points to murder.

Sometimes they don't begin a homicide investigation until a body is found or an autopsy indicates wounds that are consistent to murder.

Imo

Also I am a little confused on the post regarding Barbara’s son stating she loved Collies and Himalayans. IIRC it has clearly been stated that their dog is a Shetland Sheepdog also known as a sheltie. For me that’s a big discrepancy with a huge question mark. IMO
Eta unable to quote the post at this moment. Sorry!
I saw a picture of her from her FB with a pet Collie. Maybe it was an older picture, but she did have a Collie at one time.

ETA---OOps, maybe it was a shelty instead of a miniature collie?

Last edited:
I would love to know if they ever found that beer can/bottle.

I hope they do, so testing can be completed on it.

IMO I read 4-6 weeks is standard for toxicology testing and as far as I can see, it can be completed if it’s only bones. Does it take longer because of this? Is it taking awhile due to covid testing? Maybe they already have results but like an earlier poster said, you’d think they’d release that info to help clear his name if they came back ok.

Oh wow....I hadn't checked this thread in so long, I wasn't even aware Barbara's body had been found. Sad, but not unexpected. I'm glad her family has at least some closure there. I understand we're still waiting for COD though?

In a case like this with 18 months in the desert, only a bikini by way of protection from the elements, very slim build there probably isn't going to be much the regular medical examiner can do. However we live in an age of amazing science and there are people like forensic anthropologists to further review evidence but hard science is hard. It takes a while. For law enforcement to have made no statements about "circumstances not considered suspicious" yet makes me think we'll be waiting for several more weeks before we hear anything.

Her name was Lexi. Lexie? Not sure of the spelling but @dbdb11 shared a photo of her here: CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #7

173714-6d28b7c500d53510c10ebf2c029d2534.jpg
I am no expert, but that looks like a Collie to me.

175px-Lassie.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members