CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alternatively, endocrine studies aside, perhaps she just grew weary of him. It happens.

Although, my amateur speculation is that she passed over, and not due to exposure from the elements, or hiking, or anything to do with bikinis or beer.

As always, amateur opinion and speculation only.

Oh - I hear you Roses. It happens.

IMO, if she had grown "weary of him", I think she might have made a better plan than to suddenly vanish during a short walk in the desert.

IMO, we women grow wiser as we gain our crown of silver locks. As we grow older and gain wisdom & life experience, if we want to end a relationship, we tend to choose the time and place (if we are empowered women with a support system). I just think that a desert exit is not what Barbara would have planned (IMO, based upon what I know of women reclaiming their power & their lives), if she had been planning to leave and start a new life for herself.

As far as that goes, none of us has any info that points to Barbara wanting to exit & start a new life. For all we know, she was perfectly happy in her marriage. Until & unless valid info surfaces that suggests she was unhappy & had been making plans to leave, I will have no reason to believe that she was seeking an exit.

I fear that whatever has happened was not Barbara's choosing, whatever that may have been.

Here's the thing:

If RT did take pictures of BT that day, wouldn't it make the most sense for LE to release those photos showing exactly what she was wearing and how she looked the day she went missing?

Again, rhetorical question.

Unless that one pic of her in the black bikini top and red hat was taken that day, which is entirely possible, then I question whether LE found any pics of her that were from the date RT reported her missing.

If no pics were taken of her that day, that's a problem.

JMO.
I can not say with a link (sorry!) wish I had of made note at the time.
somewhere early in this thread(could be via our insider im not sure) there was a good reputable source clarifying that the pic of barb in the red cap WAS NOT CURRENT from that day.
as we suspected.
I will add it and quote if I can find source.

moo

The logistics of Barbara choosing to vanish & seek a new life during a short walk in the desert don't make sense to me.

IMO, if she wanted to seek a new life, she would have done so before they took this road trip.

This is one of the reasons why I can't get behind the theory of "maybe-she-disappeared-on-purpose-in-order-to-start-a-new-life".

Hope they find her safely.
Sorry to let this case get to me. :(

But in those photos... she looks like a fun person to hang out with !
And like she has a good sense of 'self'. :(
It's as if she vanished off the face of the earth in a short time span.

If R.T. had done a terrible thing and buried her... she should have been found by now.
And he doesn't look like the fittest of people, plus -- given his age , could he accomplish such a feat ?
And to do so would require him driving out a ways into the sand --so there'd be tire marks.

Just have such a bad feeling about Barbara.
It would be good to be wrong !
BBM Yes, IMO.

There is a similar case here - Judy Brock, a 71-year-old woman, last seen by her husband. Her family, friends, and the community of Holden Beach NC were all shocked when her husband (also 71 yo) was arrested.

He didn't seem to have any trouble wrapping her body, loading it in his truck, digging a shallow grave, and burying her. MOO

BBM Yes, IMO.

There is a similar case here - Judy Brock, a 71-year-old woman, last seen by her husband. Her family, friends, and the community of Holden Beach NC were all shocked when her husband (also 71 yo) was arrested.

He didn't seem to have any trouble wrapping her body, loading it in his truck, digging a shallow grave, and burying her. MOO
Yes, you're so right. I remember this one well, it was very close to my home. Shocked a lot of people.

We’ve wondered why no one in Barbara’s family has been interviewed on MSM. Since they weren’t there and probably don’t think she was abducted, I doubt there’s much they can say without voicing suspicions. I don’t think MSM would touch that.
I'd like to simply hear from them about Barbara even if they can't offer anything case-related.

You know, more about her as a person - sister, mother, grandmother, pet owner, hobbies she enjoyed, where she grew up, etc.

It may even help tone down all the BIKINI CLAD WOMAN WITH A BEER headlines. :eek: MOO

LE says Barbara was NOT kidnapped.

They will only say this if they are pretty sure what did happen to her.
They’ve also said no evidence of foul play. Just because they haven’t found evidence yet, doesn’t mean it didn’t occur. Many times, they will say “no evidence of foul play” until they locate the body or other evidence that suggests some kind of foul play, like abduction.
IMO

We’ve wondered why no one in Barbara’s family has been interviewed on MSM. Since they weren’t there and probably don’t think she was abducted, I doubt there’s much they can say without voicing suspicions. I don’t think MSM would touch that.

If they thought she had been abducted they might make appeals to the kidnapper to let her go.

If they thought she left willing on her own, they might appeal to her to return because they love her and miss her.

Last edited:
Was she ever really there?

Indeed.

Was there was mention of a supposed photo taken by RT of her on the hike, or was that just a scenic shot from site? Was that info from him, or did that come from police, or who? Has this pic been released? If not, why not, as surely that would give her most up to date appearance and clothing worn at time if the photo did include her.

BBM

It depends on when the license photo was taken. She could have changed a lot. I don’t know how often AZ retakes drivers license photos, but in Oregon it’s every 8 years. By the time I got my most recent photo taken in 2016 (age 70), I looked a lot different than I had looked in 2008 (age 62...thinner and different hairstyle back then) and I expect my photo when I renew in 2024 (age 78) will show even more changes. So Barbara’s current license photo might have been useless.
You have to renew your picture every 12 years. I just got a renew notice.

I doubt the "they-had-an-argument-and-she-left" scenario for this reason:

Purely my opinion, based upon my limited knowledge of the human endocrine system (so please don't ask for links to back up my opinion): Post menopausal women aren't necessarily prone to storm off, even after a heated argument. The human endocrine system plays a significant role in human behavior. Post menopause, hormones that typically affect mood & behavior are less likely to lead to unpredictable/erratic choices, mainly because mood-altering hormones are much lower than they were during the child-bearing years.
SBM

This post menopausal woman is definitely not the type you describe, regardless of it being my husband or someone else who has pushed all the wrong buttons. My hormones must be completely opposite what you studies and knowledge bear out. I was not prone to storm off prior to menopause.

JMO and knowledge of myself

BBM - I think MSM would be all over it if family members started voices their suspicions. Click bait for sure IMO.

MOO is that it sounds from VI that most of them are living in Hong Kong. I suspect we'll hear from the son SOON, now that the official search is over.

yes!
the silence is just yet another ever growing accumulative red flag. imo

moo

I doubt the "they-had-an-argument-and-she-left" scenario for this reason:

Purely my opinion, based upon my limited knowledge of the human endocrine system (so please don't ask for links to back up my opinion): Post menopausal women aren't necessarily prone to storm off, even after a heated argument. The human endocrine system plays a significant role in human behavior. Post menopause, hormones that typically affect mood & behavior are less likely to lead to unpredictable/erratic choices, mainly because mood-altering hormones are much lower than they were during the child-bearing years.

Disclaimer: Fridaybaker - I know you didn't use the term "storm off" so please know that I'm not misinterpreting your post. The term "storm off" is mine.

Again, this is my opinion. Do we have a verified endocrinologist here on WS who can provide info?

I'm not verified & I have no wish to be (I like my privacy), but I have a degree in psychology/human kinesiology, and one of the subjects we covered during my post-grad studies was human endocrinology (albeit limited, since it wasn't my career track). Take my unverified opinion for what it's worth.
couldn't disagree with this post more.

hormones and menopause affect everybody differently and I don't understand its relevance to Barbara's disappearance to be honest.

Oh - I hear you Roses. It happens.

IMO, if she had grown "weary of him", I think she might have made a better plan than to suddenly vanish during a short walk in the desert.

IMO, we women grow wiser as we gain our crown of silver locks. As we grow older and gain wisdom & life experience, if we want to end a relationship, we tend to choose the time and place (if we are empowered women with a support system). I just think that a desert exit is not what Barbara would have planned (IMO, based upon what I know of women reclaiming their power & their lives), if she had been planning to leave and start a new life for herself.

As far as that goes, none of us has any info that points to Barbara wanting to exit & start a new life. For all we know, she was perfectly happy in her marriage. Until & unless valid info surfaces that suggests she was unhappy & had been making plans to leave, I will have no reason to believe that she was seeking an exit.

I fear that whatever has happened was not Barbara's choosing, whatever that may have been.
I do agree with this though totally sorell! :)

if she did try to leave I think it was likely at home and prepared and organized.
the bikini clad beer swigging, somebody picked her up (and that's from his mouth on video) for a good time just seems like a desperate picture of recklessness and frivory .
distraction?
she might be fit but she is also very tall,tiny and under weight.

speculative post. moo

First I want to say that her clothing (lack of) and having a beer in her hand should not be the focus of where Barbara is. I live in San Diego and I'm not much younger than she and when we make desert/river runs in AZ and CA that was the norm. Although we always made sure we hydrated ourselves during the 6+ hours out.

I'm going to try to stay within the TOS but if anyone who has followed the "breadcrumbs" in thread #1, I would think if there was any validity to that it would already be on MSM and dbdb11 would be able to verify.

Again my heart goes out to the family and @dbdb11 I'm beyond sorry that your family and father are going through this.

MOO and if not within TOS, please delete.

yes!
the silence is just yet another ever growing accumulative red flag. imo

moo

I think any family involved in a missing person case like this has to walk a very fine line when it comes to the media...anything they say (or don't say) will always be taken the wrong way by someone out there. We've all seen so many cases where the spouse or partner is the one responsible...in the back of my mind, I'm always a little suspicious when I hear of cases like this even though I try to withhold judgment. So while I do kind of see silence as a red flag I can understand why even an innocent person may think the safest thing to do is just not talk about the case to the media. (All MOO, of course. I'm praying for a good outcome here.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413