CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, from this thread we've learned that many people DO go hiking in the desert in July wearing bikinis, etc. That is important information, in my mind. Moreso, that Barbara's family doesn't think it odd. That being said, other posters have pointed out that voluntarily going off the beaten path (literally) would likely result in much discomfort, as the area is rife with nasty prickly-type things. In trying to put together a likely scenario, it doesn't seem likely, at least to me, that Barbara wandered off the path voluntarily.

And, regarding the search. There are many times when searches don't initially find the lost person and then do so on the second look. However, I just wouldn't expect that in this case. This isn't a situation where someone went off hiking and their loved-one became concerned after he didn't show up after a few days, or the person was last seen at the trail head, setting out on a 10 mile hike. Barbara disappeared in a few minutes! Her husband searched within at least an hour of finding her missing, I believe, and the "official" search was robust, early in the disappearance, and had a known location, vs. "she was going to go hiking the abcde trail in the xyz national park". She had no supplies (water) and little defense from the elements. She has to be around pretty close to the last sighting, methinks, if all is as we've been told.

This is very odd to me, especially since they apparently found no trace of her. No hat. No beer can (mug -whatever it was). No trace.

There are always the unlikely-but-possible theories, such as abduction; voluntarily leaving, then something untoward happening afterward; animal attack, etc., but there being no evidence of such one really wonders.

We've also been offered no medical history, such as diabetes, dementia, etc. I'm beginning to think that Barbara isn't there. Was she ever? Not sure, but putting all the available information together, I'm starting to wonder.
I agree with everything you said. Great post!

Exactly. If she was there something would have shown up by now.

That’s where I’ve been since the beginning, and each passing day just reemphasizes that.

She was on a WALK, not a hike. And she didn’t walk off the face of the earth.
No she didn't. Not a trace of her has been found, if we go by reports from MSM. It looks to me like they are investigating other angles to her disappearance- although, I have a feeling LE started doing that already after the lie detector test. I am so grateful to the new poster who posted those pictures last night and today (sorry, their username escapes me!) of the area they were hiking and where she allegedly was last seen. I just don't see her getting lost there, either. Allegedly, they knew this area from previous trips there.

Please let us not try to force the limited information to fit into a preconceived scenario.

For dear Barbara's sake, let us keep an open mind. She deserves our open minds.

I implore all of you, please let go of any & all preconceived notions. Please open your minds - listen to the Wind.

Listen to the Wind. You may be surprised what you hear, if you open your heart and your spirit ears.

I prefer logic, as it tends to serve us well.

If she was ever in the desert, then she is long since dead.

If she wasn’t, she’s dead too.

If the spectacularly unlikely occurred, and she was kidnapped, that also means she’s probably dead.

The only hope, is that she ran off. Not a snowball’s chance in hell, as I see it.

If the spectacularly unlikely occurred, and she was kidnapped, that also means she’s probably dead.

The only hope, is that she ran off. Not a snowball’s chance in hell, as I see it.
I keep clinging to the magical thought that she ran off with a VW Van full of hippies that stopped to admire and chat with the lady in the bikini.
But as you said, there's a snowballs chance of that too. : (

Amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited:
No she didn't. Not a trace of her has been found, if we go by reports from MSM. It looks to me like they are investigating other angles to her disappearance- although, I have a feeling LE started doing that already after the lie detector test. I am so grateful to the new poster who posted those pictures last night and today (sorry, their username escapes me!) of the area they were hiking and where she allegedly was last seen. I just don't see her getting lost there, either. Allegedly, they knew this area from previous trips there.

If it's hard for us to refrain from judging people in these situations, imagine how hard it must be for police! It has to be hard for them to keep an open mind when statistics show it's usually the spouse who did it. I'm not saying that's the case here, but I'm sure police have some doubts.

As for getting lost in the desert, I'm more familiar with Arizona but it's similar to California...it's not like getting lost in the woods where there's a lot of tree cover. If she was out there, I think a helicopter would have found her by now. I have no idea if she was abducted or never even there in the first place, but I really don't think she's there at this point.

I keep clinging to the magical thought that she ran off with a VW Van full of hippies that stopped to admire and chat with the lady in the bikini.
But as you said, there's a snowballs change for that too. : (

Amateur opinion and speculation

Haaaaa. If they find a time machine, then I’ll entertain the possibility.

Barb’s missing, and we don’t know where she is, or WHEN she is :p

For example, day trip on Colorado River. Bikini top and shorts to walk into the desert. With my family.

Personally don't see it as weird. You could argue it's different because they were on the river in my example, but it isn't like either of them went swimming when I was with them on the river. I did and they were stunned because it was damned cold in that water.
What time of the year were you here? Maybe in April but not in July.

If someone did grab her - there would have been a struggle, her hat might have fallen off, she probably would have dropped that beer she was carrying. Probably some evidence would have been found.

I would be asking hubs if they stopped for gas somewhere, fast food drive thru, convenience store, Wally World. Anywhere that they could have appeared on video to verify the time, date, and that they were both present.

MOO as always.

If someone did grab her - there would have been a struggle, her hat might have fallen off, she probably would have dropped that beer she was carrying. Probably some evidence would have been found.

I would be asking hubs if they stopped for gas somewhere, fast food drive thru, convenience store, Wally World. Anywhere that they could have appeared on video to verify the time, date, and that they were both present.

MOO as always.

The problem with this for me is, I'm not sure we can guarantee that lots of people don't go to the same area and drop beer cans/bottles. It might be a popular drinking space... for young folks sitting next to/in their vehicles.

I also don't think you would plan to run off from your family, and take only a beer for your hydrating pleasure. I think if you intended to leave them behind, you'd take as much water as you could subtly get away with.

I'd say, taking into account her choice of garb, the rock-bottom last potential we should be considering, is one where Barbara left of her own accord. If anything, I should think a person "running away" in the desert of their own accord, would want to be clad in lots of thin long layers they could take off and add back on as-needed.

I’m not discounting that, just saying that something like that occurring is far less likely than what almost certainly occurred.

Hope is one thing, but reality is another thing entirely.

Everyone wants her to be alive, but the odds are stacked against that.

I know that. I'm just asking for Hope, even when we might be believing against hope.

Can we still hope against all hope? I think we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413