CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not MassGuy but how about this:

This Is Your Body on Fear

Not MassGuy, either, but in response, just pointing out:

The above is an online article. Not a scientific study.

Online articles as scientific proofs aren't worth the paper they're written on, the fact that they're not written on paper, notwithstanding.

JMO.

Last edited:
The thought runs through my mind that “absence of evidence isn’t evidence of absence.” So even though evidence of Barbara being there wasn’t found, it doesn’t mean she wasn’t there (and still is).

I think it’s quite possible that RT’s timeline of seeing Barbara “go around a corner” and him getting back to the RV is much longer than he either realizes or is admitting. By the time he returned and started searching for her and LE arrived to search...three or more hours?...she could have gone out of the searchers’ range before being overcome by the heat.

The key being under the rock doesn’t mean she wasn’t there, used the key and replaced it before leaving again to explore...with water, which would have allowed her to keep going.

I don’t believe she is still alive, but I have no reason (yet) to believe she isn’t out there somewhere that wasn’t searched.

I’m not the one hinging my opinion on hope.

If she was out there, she almost certainly would have been found by now.

Logic trumps wishful thinking.

And what do you mean by “who is telling Barbara’s story?”

The investigators are trying to do just that.

BBM:

This is by far the most compelling fact that to me points toward foul play.

If she was out there, the overwhelming likelihood is that she would have been found.

Search teams. Dogs. Helicopters. Hours, days, spent in an exhaustive, thorough search effort.

What was the end result of these efforts? Nothing.

Not only did they not find BT, they didn't find one single trace of her.

Not a single strand of hair. Not a single thread from her hat. Not a single boot print.

What is the logical inference that can be drawn from this?

If anyone tries to argue that the logical inference here is that she's out there in that location, I'm going to go ahead and change my name to Alice, cause I'll know I've officially arrived in Wonderland.

JMO.

Last edited:
I find it comical that members support or reject the info that has been provided, based on whose narrative they wish to believe.

Here's the thing: Barbara needs to be heard.

Who is telling Barbara's story?

I have hope for her too. I hope she is somewhere safe. I am clinging to the hope that she decided to escape her controlling husband, and had a friend waiting for the chance to pick her up, and help her leave him. They are laughing and listening to oldie classic rock on the car radio, and she is starting a new life.

However, realistically, I doubt that is the truth. I HOPE it is. But the chances are, she never escaped from him. :(

Oh - so unless LE verifies information, I shouldn't take anything at face value?

Geez - I think that's the same stance that those of us who have been sober-minded have taken for the past days.
I don’t care what anyone else does.

My position has always been to treat the words of a potential suspect with a great deal of skepticism.

BBM:

If she was out there, the overwhelming likelihood is that she would have been found.

Search teams. Dogs. Helicopters. Hours, days, spent in an exhaustive, thorough search effort.

Not a single strand of hair. Not a single thread from her hat. Not a single boot print.

What is the logical conclusion that can be drawn from this?

If anyone tries to argue that the logical conclusion here is that she's out there in that location, I'm going to go ahead and change my name to Alice, cause I'll know I'm officially arrived in Wonderland.

JMO.

Read my post right above yours stating my logical conclusion that she is out there and maybe your won’t have to change your name to Alice. :)

BBM:

What is the logical inference that can be drawn from this?

If anyone tries to argue that the logical inference here is that she's out there in that location, I'm going to go ahead and change my name to Alice, cause I'll know I've officially arrived in Wonderland.

JMO.

I don’t think that we know nearly as much about what LE did or didn’t find as you’re saying we know.

I do agree with your overall conclusion—that foul play seems much more likely now, considering how long they searched without finding her.

I don’t think that we know nearly as much about what LE did or didn’t find as you’re saying we know.

So, you think LE's public statements that they found no trace of her are obfuscation on their part?

What would be the potential advantage in LE withholding info that they had found traces of her out there and were tracking those leads?

That's the difference between us then.

Just because something is the most probable doesn't mean it's what actually happened.

I need more information before going towards a single direction in this case. JMO

For me I need more information before I can seriously consider something that isn't probable nor logical.

No one is gripping onto their beer when they're being attacked. There isn't an army of madmen in the wilderness.

I think there would be signs if there was a strange man out there.

What signs would have to be found at the scene if Barbara was abducted?

Foot prints of either her or the abductor.

So, you think LE's public statements that they found no trace of her are obfuscation on their part?

What would be the potential advantage in LE withholding info that they had found traces of her out there and were tracking those leads?

I doubt that they were obfuscating. “"There has been no evidence of Barbara Thomas located on previous days,"” is what I saw quoted.

I actually don’t know exactly what that means. However, I do not feel comfortable extrapolating it to: “not a single trace, not a thread from her hat, not a single strand of hair, not a footprint.” Or, adding more, but with the same logic, not a single photograph of her in this place, not a trace of her scent for the dogs to pick up.

I feel spectacularly uncomfortable with putting words in the mouth of LE in this way. What if it meant: ‘we haven’t found any evidence that she’s still out there.’ Time will tell, I hope. That’s about all the hope I have.

Not true, sorry. There wouldn't be any deceased missing people out there, if this was the case.

It doesn't hurt to have hope and pray and be positive though. Does it?

Might as well.

I don't think the weather is compatible with life for more than a day or two without a lot of water, though. If she got turned around and lost I don't see how she could still be alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413