CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does not seem strange to me that RT canceled BT's flight arrangements and advised Hong Kong family to cancel hotel reservation. Whether lost in the desert or kidnapped, obviously if/when found BT would have needed at least a couple of days -- and possibly more than a couple -- to recuperate, meet with law enforcement, etc.

RT has no idea what happened to his wife according to RT.
including but not limited to maybe she ran off to go to china.
what gave him the authority to cancel it??

unless you know for sure she wont be taking that trip.....
which as I say.....how would he know this?

imo

Barbara being 69 years old, already missing for 4 entire days in the desert with 114F.
If she would be found she would be completely dehydrated, in urgent need of medical attention.
How could she be traveling to Hong Kong?
Canceling and letting her family know she would not be travelling within days is the right thing to do and only logical.

The shorts are unconfirmed. There was a MSM that mentioned shorts, but then, only a bikini after that. And in all of RT's interviews, he only mentions "bikini."

Black socks and hiking boots. No mention of a watch. Red cap. No mention of sunglasses, but it's possibly that sunglasses were still present (and, for all we know, some shorts - perhaps RT didn't realize he was giving a complete inventory when he spoke to InsideEdition or he was forgetful). Red baseball cap.

I am beginning to wonder that RT describes exactly what she wore inside their 5th wheel. A bikini, socks and hiking boots. Beer in a cup. No sunglasses, no cap.

I wonder if she never walked out for that hike. Because it is strange not to cover up from the desert sun.

Did anyone see her on her way to the hike? It is my understanding that there were no witnesses. Did she even leave the 5th wheel? And RT - he gives the correct description, but puts her on the wrong spot, the highway. (And she was probably lying on a bed in RV). I wonder if the discrepancy about the beer (a cup or a bottle) was due to the same fact, wrong place.

I can even imagine that the quarrel started with this thing, her attire.

JMO.

this is all in thread one and two.

rob called my family.
my family contacted me.
i tried to conact rob.
i got hold of rob's family in rob's house instead.
we spoke briefly. its possible the posts relating to this were deleted.
rob is busy reviewing photos with detectives at the time of my call, im told.
i did finally get hold of robbie two days later.
we spoke at length.
he has contacted my family since.

Checking in on Barbara today, and sorry to see no updates.

I'm also very sorry for you and your family, and hope you're finding comfort among WS supporters.

Peace and light.

I am beginning to wonder that RT describes exactly what she wore inside their 5th wheel. A bikini, socks and hiking boots. Beer in a cup. No sunglasses, no cap.

I wonder if she never walked out for that hike. Because it is strange not to cover up from the desert sun.

Did anyone see her on her way to the hike? It is my understanding that there were no witnesses. Did she even leave the 5th wheel? And RT - he gives the correct description, but puts her on the wrong spot, the highway. (And she was probably lying on a bed in RV). I wonder if the discrepancy about the beer (a cup or a bottle) was due to the same fact, wrong place.

I can even imagine that the quarrel started with this thing, her attire.

JMO.

Just a different perspective. If I understand you correctly, you think Barbara rode in the fifth wheel to their destination in the clothing described. While it’s legal in CA to ride in a fifth wheel as long as you can communicate with the driver, I can tell you from experience that it’s far from comfortable....very bouncy and lurchy...even on a bed. I think it’s more likely she rode in the truck wearing whatever. She may have even changed to the clothing he described before they took a walk. I don’t think we’ll ever know for sure what she wore when.
JMO

Barbara being 69 years old, already missing for 4 entire days in the desert with 114F.
If she would be found she would be completely dehydrated, in urgent need of medical attention.
Canceling and letting her family know she would not be travelling within days is the right thing to do and only logical.
but according to RT she was having a good time in vegas???
and he just wants her to come home. :confused:

moo mild exaggeration but you get the point.
he never has stated he was worried she was out dying in the desert.
:oops:

Does not seem strange to me that RT canceled BT's flight arrangements and advised Hong Kong family to cancel hotel reservation. Whether lost in the desert or kidnapped, obviously if/when found BT would have needed at least a couple of days -- and possibly more than a couple -- to recuperate, meet with law enforcement, etc.
I don’t see it strange at all that RT would call relatives to tell them what was going on and to cancel hotel reservations but I would think it a bit odd for him to bother canceling a flight. But then considering his age that might be something someone in that age group would do?

Last edited:
Worth noting Rob and his family both mentioned they had cancelled the flights (?!?!) and Rob informed my family we should cancel the hotel reservations (?!?!?!?!?!).
Does that not make sense? I think some people go into a state of ‘taking care of business’ in order not to spend the whole time sitting around grieving and feeling useless. It’s really hard to judge how different people handle things.

Some people can’t touch a loved ones room whom they’ve lost, ever, and keep it as an eternal shrine. Others can’t bear to see their loved ones toothbrush and things sitting there untouched just as they left them and will call in friends to help clean these things out. My friend who lost her fiancé in a motorcycle accident did that within a day or so, and she adored him. She was always the organized, keep busy type.

I think we tend to see every little thing, but unless it’s cashing in massive insurance policies, it is hard to make a call. She obviously isn’t making the trip and wouldn’t be going after even 24hrs in the desert because she would need time to recover from dehydration etc. A person who is always prudent about these things might feel uncomfortable to leave flights still booked or hotels as they would feel irresponsible, even if it wasn’t a money thing. I mean, it makes sense to cancel them and judging his cancellation as proof of murder may be a bit intense. I’d need to see more nefarious behavior than that.

but according to RT she was having a good time in vegas???
and he just wants her to come home. :confused:

moo mild exaggeration but you get the point.
he never has stated he was worried she was out dying in the desert.
:oops:

80 people searched for her for days, she wasn't found. That is when he did his interview, if she isn't to be found there he thinks she may be kidnapped, what other option is there.
After his 911 call the police arrived with dogs an ambulance and what not, so for sure he insisted she was there.

It may also provide him with hope thinking she was kidnapped, the only scenario in which she could still be alive.

LE didn't go anywhere near RT's home, at all. They went back to the site of Barbara's disappearance. That is a good sign, as it means they think there's still more to be discovered or learned out there. Perhaps they have talked to RT some more (they got a search warrant for his house and vehicles, as I understand it). Maybe they are rechecking some details.

To make an arrest or even announce formally that he's a POI, they need to have all their ducks in a row.
For all we know, then, RT could be holding BT hostage in the basement of their home. Is it possible that BT didn't want to go to HK or that RT did not want BT to go to HK, and he (or they) concocted this bizarre story so that she would not have to take the trip?

80 people searched for her for days, she wasn't found. That is when he did his interview, if she isn't to be found there he thinks she may be kidnapped, what other option is there.
After his 911 call the police arrived with dogs an ambulance and what not, so for sure he insisted she was there.

It may also provide him with hope thinking she was kidnapped, the only scenario in which she could still be alive.
sure
but the point pertains to why he cancelled her flight if he is clinging to the idea she is alive.

Kidnapped without a sound, struggle, dropping her beer? Footprints? A mad man, maniac animal waiting around the corner of the rock formation, silently grabbing her, running at the speed of light and disappearing in a puff of smoke?

I like others on this thread think she was not there. I think something happened, and it didn't happen there, he drove there and hiked and created this story. It's just too weird and too many holes.
if you can believe she wasn't there, no reason you shouldn't believe she was there and screamed for all her life.

Unless she had a refundable ticket, he wouldn’t be getting refunded anyway.

Only reason to cancel, is if money is tight and it was refundable.

Even then, I’m not sure I’d even think about that if my husband went missing.

MOO

It’s not odd necessarily to cancel the flight.... BUT to do it BEFORE even notifying the family that she was missing... IS ODD!

this is all in thread one and two.

rob called my family.
my family contacted me.
i tried to conact rob.
i got hold of rob's family in rob's house instead.
we spoke briefly. its possible the posts relating to this were deleted.
rob is busy reviewing photos with detectives at the time of my call, im told.
i did finally get hold of robbie two days later.
we spoke at length.
he has contacted my family since.
Im sorry, I missed it early on. Thank you.
Wonder what photos he was reviewing?

Agreed.

The reality was, after a certain point after her disappearance, she was not going to make that flight. That’s just the sad truth, I’m sure he felt the same. He’s been on idle, standby for news. Canceling the flight & hotel was probably busy work.

I would probably make a horrible investigator. More times than not, I just don’t see what many here do.

sure
but the point pertains to why he cancelled her flight if he is clinging to the idea she is alive.

Because whichever scenario one might cling onto, she would not be travelling long distance within days.
Instead she would need medical and mental assistance, talk to LE, take lots of rest etc etc.

Which elderly person getting out of a kidnapping situation or surviving in the desert for days, hops on a plane?

Im sorry, I missed it early on. Thank you.
Wonder what photos he was reviewing?
we wondered this before as well.

if there was no photo of barb there that day, would they spend all the resources searching? my own question. i am assuming there is photographic evidence offering time and date to LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth