CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, here are ten story suggestions to pitch to the media. Thanks so much for your input and let me know if you have anything to add. :)

Also, I will add the contact information to the media thread for easy reference.

Story ideas for MSM.

1. Can you please request and publish audio of the 911 call? For example:
Video: 911 call released in case of missing Illinois boy

If you can't release the audio, would you consider publishing a transcript? For example:
EXCLUSIVE: Officials release 911 call in Casey Hathaway disappearance

The 911 call for reference:
Dispatch Call Log – San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department (filter to River Station)
7/12/2019 3:26:24 PM CR CR191930018 CRR1900230 MISPER NAT 936** HIDDEN HILLS RD, KEL

2. Can you provide clarification from SBCSO as to why Nixle says “Barbara and her husband Robert were hiking in the Mohave desert approximately 20 miles north of the I-40 freeway east of Kelbaker Rd." when the command center was set up at Kelbaker/Hidden Hill Rd approx. 6.3 miles from I-40?
July 22nd - The investigation continues into the whereabouts of missing person Barbara Thomas from SBSD - Colorado River Sheriffs Department : Nixle

3. Have there been any search warrants obtained and executed related to Barbara’s disappearance and if so, will you publish those? Like this:
Police Execute Search Warrant at Home of Missing Mom's Estranged Husband: Source

4. When was the photo of Barbara in the bikini top, hat, and sunglasses taken? In the photo, she appears to have on what her husband described as what she was wearing when she was last seen. But, was that specific photo taken the day she disappeared or during another trip to the desert? Could this be the last known picture of Barbara Thomas?

See image 2 of 2 from the initial Nixle report:
The search for 69-year-old Barbara Thomas is continuing In the area of Kelbaker/ Hidden Hills near ... from SBSD - Colorado River Sheriffs Department : Nixle

5. It has been widely reported that Barbara disappeared in a matter of minutes after her husband stopped to take a photo of a rock formation. Can you report on whether or not Barbara was seen in any of the photos that were taken in the desert on July 12? Is there any evidence at all that Barbara was indeed, in the desert that day?

6. If Robert and Barbara left their home sometime around 8 a.m., it’s a 1.5-hour drive to Kelbaker/Hidden Hill Rd, and they went for a 2-hour walk, what happened in the remaining hours? Not one news agency has put together a timeline. Can you do that? For example:
Timeline In the Case of Missing WI Teenager Jayme Closs - KVRR Local News

7. Can you reach out to Robert and Barbara’s neighbors? If they have surveillance footage, can you obtain and publish a still photo? For example:
This is the last known photo of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis

8. Can you interview one of the SAR team members? Did the search dogs hit on anything?
West Valley SAR on Twitter

9. Can you interview a PI and get his/her thoughts? A former law enforcement officer, perhaps? For example:
Private investigator explains what he thinks happened to Mackenzie Lueck

10. Can you report on what the dispatch log entries below were about? (Filter to Colorado River Station)
Dispatch Call Log – San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department
7/26/2019 4:55:53 AM CR CR192070002 FU KELBAKER RD/HIDDEN HILLS RD, KEL
7/27/2019 10:34:59 PM CR CR192080031 INFO NAT I 40 EXIT 100 OFRP W/ESSEX RD, ESX
[/QUOTE]

How about finding out if Oasis gas station I40 exit 107 has any video of the truck and 5th wheel passing by on I40 (even if they didn't stop there). For instance, if video shows him going past say 1:30 pm, then where was he for all those hours since leaving home? Or, if they have video showing RT's vehicles going back and forth on the I40.

I don't know if any of their cameras actually show the I40 or not. Just a thought. MOO

How about finding out if Oasis gas station I40 exit 107 has any video of the truck and 5th wheel passing by on I40 (even if they didn't stop there). For instance, if video shows him going past say 1:30 pm, then where was he for all those hours since leaving home? Or, if they have video showing RT's vehicles going back and forth on the I40.

I don't know if any of their cameras actually show the I40 or not. Just a thought. MOO
That's a great one, artsy. I will add it to the list. :) MOO

We can’t seem to get an answer to this but here’s my guess: No, because if she was, it would add credence to the kidnapping claim, in which case LE would have released them to the public so we could keep an eye out. We don’t (I think!) have any confirmation the “bikini picture” was taken that day. It’s rather poor quality and I would think LE would give us as many pix of her from that day as possible to augment that one. It might even be helpful for the public to see what the landscape looked like exactly where BT had been seen and photographed.
SABBM:

Exactly.

Passing you my bongos.
I've been banging this drum until my hands are numb.

In my own mind, at least, that question's been asked and answered:
There's no way that picture was taken that day. None.
If it had been, LE would have made that clear.

Because if it had been taken that day, not only would the picture have shown precisely what BT was wearing that day, it would also have shown how her hair was styled, what the sunglasses she had on looked like, etc.

I don't believe that LE has any photos of BT that were taken that day.
At least, none from that location.

If LE had pics of BT from that day, they would have gotten at least one of them out to the public.
They would have said "These are images of her from the day she was last seen,"
"We believe this is what she was wearing when she was last seen," or something along those lines.

JMO.

Last edited:
Somehow I can't see a 72 year old man dragging a body, in all that heat, to a mine. :eek:

In the Erin Corwin case, Christopher Lee didn't drag her body across the desert.

In that case, CL got EC out there under a ruse. They both walked into the desert together.
He then strangled her and threw her body down an abandoned mine shaft.

Last edited:
Not even suggesting it was RT. I am Victim friendly. She could have met with foul play as RT suggests, fallen in one, gone for cover, anything.

Amateur opinion and speculation

ETA: When asked if your opinion is that she never left AZ:
Correct. My amateur opinion and speculation is that she is close by.
BBM

These opinions seems a little contradictory. If she’s close to home, aren’t you looking at RT? Or am I misunderstanding you? :)

ETA: Clarification: This is in connection with your opinion that she never left AZ and ended up in a mine near Bullhead City. Why would she be in a mine close to home if someone didn’t put her there?

Last edited:
Okay, here are ten story suggestions to pitch to the media. Thanks so much for your input and let me know if you have anything to add. :)

I will also post the contact information in the media thread for easy reference.

Story ideas for MSM.

If you can't release the audio, would you consider publishing a transcript? For example:

Dispatch Call Log – San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department (filter to River Station)
7/12/2019 3:26:24 PM CR CR191930018 CRR1900230 MISPER NAT 936** HIDDEN HILLS RD, KEL

2. Can you provide clarification from SBCSO as to why Nixle says “Barbara and her husband Robert were hiking in the Mohave desert approximately 20 miles north of the I-40 freeway east of Kelbaker Rd." when the command center was set up at Kelbaker/Hidden Hill Rd approx. 6.3 miles from I-40?
July 22nd - The investigation continues into the whereabouts of missing person Barbara Thomas from SBSD - Colorado River Sheriffs Department : Nixle

3. Have there been any search warrants obtained and executed related to Barbara’s disappearance and if so, will you publish those? Like this:
Police Execute Search Warrant at Home of Missing Mom's Estranged Husband: Source

4. When was the photo of Barbara in the bikini top, hat, and sunglasses taken? In the photo, she appears to have on what her husband described as what she was wearing when she was last seen. But, was that specific photo taken the day she disappeared or during another trip to the desert? Could this be the last known picture of Barbara Thomas?

The search for 69-year-old Barbara Thomas is continuing In the area of Kelbaker/ Hidden Hills near ... from SBSD - Colorado River Sheriffs Department : Nixle

5. It has been widely reported that Barbara disappeared in a matter of minutes after her husband stopped to take a photo of a rock formation. Can you report on whether or not Barbara was seen in any of the photos that were taken in the desert on July 12? Is there any evidence at all that Barbara was indeed, in the desert that day?

6. If Robert and Barbara left their home sometime around 8 a.m., it’s a 1.5-hour drive to Kelbaker/Hidden Hill Rd, and they went for a 2-hour walk, what happened in the remaining hours? Not one news agency has put together a timeline. Can you do that? For example:

7. Can you reach out to Robert and Barbara’s neighbors? If they have surveillance footage, can you obtain and publish a still photo? For example:

8. Can you interview one of the SAR team members? Did the search dogs hit on anything?

9. Can you interview a PI and get his/her thoughts? A former law enforcement officer, perhaps? For example:

10. Can you report on what the dispatch log entries below were about? (Filter to Colorado River Station)
7/27/2019 10:34:59 PM CR CR192080031 INFO NAT I 40 EXIT 100 OFRP W/ESSEX RD, ESX
[/QUOTE]

Do you still feel no foul play was involved in Barbara's disappearance?

BBM

Please allow me to assist in providing email addresses. :) I've included the articles published by each outlet because I like to thank them for their reporting and personalize each email according to their article(s). Hope that makes sense. It's late!

Special thanks to @Knox for beginning the list and @Kapua, @?mysterian?, and @dbdb11 for continuing to promote the media nudges on Barbara's thread.

MEDIA CONTACTS

Today’s News-Herald, Havasu News: Email editor@havasunews.com
ABC 7, Los Angeles: Email pr@abc7.com, Press Releases Submit Press Releases
NBC 4, Los Angeles: Email tips@nbcla.com, Jonathan Lloyd Twitter Jonathan Gonzalez (@JonathanNBCLA) | Twitter
Los Angeles Times: Email tips@latimes.com, Email alexa.diaz@latimes.com, All the people Newsroom Directory
KTLA 5: Email ktla@ktla.com, Cindy Von Quednow on Twitter Cindy Von Quednow (@Vonquizu) | Twitter
AZ Central: Email newstips@arizonarepublic.com
ABC 13, KTNV Las Vegas Email 13investigates@ktnv.com, Leah Pezzetti on Twitter Leah Pezzetti (@leahpezzetti) | Twitter
Mohave Daily News: Email bmcmillen@mohavedailynews.com, Breaking News breakingnews@mohavedailynews.com, needlesdesertstar@nwppub.com
San Bernardino Sun: Email jkeating@scng.com
Fox News: Email americasnewsroom@foxnews.com, Travis Fedschum on Twitter Travis Fedschun (@travfed) | Twitter
NTD News: Email Zack Stieber on Twitter Zachary Stieber (@ZackStieber) | Twitter
Inside Edition: Email tips@insideedition.com
People: Email editor@people.com, Joelle Goldstein on Twitter Joelle Goldstein (@joelleg0ldstein) | Twitter
Zach News: Email news.zachnews@gmail.com, Facebook ZachNews
Victorville Daily Press: Email RDeLaCruz@VVDailyPress.com
WLFI 18, Indiana: Email Jordan.Burrows@wlfi.com
Daily Miner: News Tips Contact us / News Tips | Kingman Daily Miner | Kingman, AZ
DONE

DBM (forgetting where I am on this site....)

BBM

These opinions seems a little contradictory. If she’s close to home, aren’t you looking at RT? Or am I misunderstanding you? :)

ETA: Clarification: This is in connection with your opinion that she never left AZ and ended up in a mine near Bullhead City. Why would she be in a mine close to home if someone didn’t put her there?
Maybe close by to where she disappeared?

SABBM:

Exactly.

Passing you my bongos.
I've been banging this drum until my hands are numb.

In my own mind, at least, that question's been asked and answered:
There's no way that picture was taken that day. None.
If it had been, LE would have made that clear.

Because if it had been taken that day, not only would the picture have shown precisely what BT was wearing that day, it would also have shown how her hair was styled, what the sunglasses she had on looked like, etc.

I don't believe that LE has any photos of BT that were taken that day.
At least, none from that location.

If LE had pics of BT from that day, they would have gotten at least one of them out to the public.
They would have said "These are images of her from the day she was last seen,"
"We believe this is what she was wearing when she was last seen," or something along those lines.

JMO.
Based on the photos I've shared, they regularly brought a camera (an old school film camera) on their trips. My dad irregularly received pictures from Barb and Rob's travels. Real old school 'kodak developed' pictures. Unless they were snapping digitals and getting them printed the same way. In either case, they have and use cameras on their excursions.

Robbie claims to have photos on his phone of Barb on July 12th, he claims Barb took a 360 photo from a hill, and he claims police have all photos from that day in their possession. Maybe they didn't bring their 'camera' with them this particular trip. Maybe they did.

BBM

I already answered this upthread lovely Lilibet.
She could have taken cover and expired from heat, or some nefarious person that RT suggests could have put her there.
Hope that explains my speculation. I'm just suggesting that *if* she met with foul play, or sought cover, one of the 14K+ mines in that immediate area do seem logical.

What could have happened in the 5 minutes between the neighbor's sighting at home and the report by VI of Barbara seeming agitated at the kennel? We know they had planned the trip ahead of time so it's not like Barbara was upset because she just learned about it that morning. Did any part of the original plan change at the last minute? Were they packed up and ready to roll and remembered an important, forgotten item?

I wonder if they normally took the dog and that she was simmering due to him telling her she had to drop the dog.

I will also post the contact information in the media thread for easy reference.

Story ideas for MSM.

I would also ask clarification on just how long he took taking the rock formation photo.

Last edited:
No, as I understood the series of posts, “close by” was in connection to mines near Bullhead City in AZ.
I don't understand the geography well there, so apologies for the confusion. I suggested the house as the starting point and mines "close by" either side. Meaning, extending to the area where they stopped to hike. I seem to be having difficulties explaining this, LOL. The radius would have the house as the epicenter, the extending range on either side an equidistance. This is the radius I would start with, and look in to mines not too far off road, but with some "sneaky" inlet road. I'm heading out for the day. If I can find a better map to visualize my hypothesis, I will mark and post. Off to the great outdoors! And no, not hiking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member