CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: RT's work: My father's wife said, when they visited Bullhead and stayed over in Laughlin... Rob would manage "shipping delivery" of herbalife, even when spending a weekend in Utah together, and regularly they needed to wait while he was on his phone. She also remembers he always took his cell phone calls very far away from them.

Worth reminding that my dad, his wife (even my siblings and I) have visited them in Henderson and in Bullhead, have taken trips with them in the boat and the RV. Neither my dad nor his wife were ever made aware that Robert had his own plane. According to RT's side of the family it was totally normal for RT and Barb to fly in for a visit. Not really sure what to make of that.
Maybe worth adding as well, whenever Barb called her brother in HK the call was on speaker phone and RT was listening. The same is true for when my dad or his wife got hold of Barb. Until July 12 there was never any reason for anyone to think anything of this.

Then does RT have NO representation with a lawyer anymore, or is it that particular lawyer is no longer representing him - ?

If no representation then, yes: must be a reason for that.

I'd sure like to know what constitutes 'no evidence' of BT & like to know why they do not suspect foul play-?

We here know all the avenues to be pursued: it takes time. LE made these statements fairly early on

If this is so: those two possibilities are vetted & off the table: that leaves BT having gotten
lost, & she's out there

My point here: I'm afraid LE has washed their hands of BT. If so, I can only trust with good reason

And if that IS the case: that leaves LE with the assumption she, no abduction, no foul play, got lost, & is out there.

These thoughts all follow the knowledge that RT doesn't have a lawyer any longer (again: unless the lawyer who is representing him has changed.....?)

Who knows, then, when or if, she'll be found :(

JMO

I think it is far too soon to give up on LE. It can take time to collect and then assimilate a lot of information in a cohesive fashion. SBCSO brought an accomplished liar and career criminal to justice in the McStay case, someone who thought he was the smartest guy in the room. We need to keep the faith for Barb and her family.

ETA: The SBCSO told the McStay's killer his polygraph showed some "inconsistencies"....at least that is what he (not the SBCSO) told the msm.

MOO

Of course they dont. That is the very reason they state it that way.

People have gone missing for years, or were abducted, but until resolved the police will regurgitate the same thing of they have no evidence to show or suggest foul play was involved.

It leaves the false impression they are saying the person went missing on their own which is not what they are saying.

LE must have evidence proving what really happened, and how. If they already knew these answers we would have long learned of it.

For weeks the TPD refused to say Isabelle Celis was abducted from inside of her home even though they had fingerprints on her bedroom window sill belonging to someone else that was not a family member or friend.

The fact they did not say to the press for weeks Isa had been abducted didn't make the abduction untrue because it was true all along when she was abducted, and murdered by a serial pedophile. CC who's now facing the death penalty.

Just like LE will often say murdered victims were targeted, and it was not random. This is even said before they know who in the heck the suspect even is. Ugh! Then many times it turns out LE was flat out wrong because when they finally knew who the murderers were they total strangers to the victims.

Yet time, and time again LE implies to their communities it was done by someone the families knew.

I have seen this same LE speakisms prematurely used for decades now in many unsolved cases.

No they dont have any evidence. They don't have irrefutable evidence showing she wasn't abducted either. They don't know what they don't know.

Of course it makes common sense, and logic to do extensive searches the missing person was in at the time they disappeared. That's always the case.

The search for Sierra Lamar is one of the largest, and longest searches in CA history. The search for Holly Bobo was the largest in TN. Neither searches turned up anything. Holly's remains was finally found by happenstance by an outsider in a place outside of the search grid area. Sierra's remains hasn't ever been located.

If Barbara was abducted, and fatally harmed if they ever find her body it's very likely ii will be outside of the search areas.

This may be another sad case where she will be found one day after the official searches have ended by someone who will be totally unconnected to the case, or any of the searches.

Jmho
I am replying to refer to your comment about the Sierra Lamar search, as it emphasizes a point I’ve tried to reinforce on Barb’s case.

I participated in the search for Sierra, and it’s something I will never forget for multiple reasons. There were hundreds of us out there, and I was searching a farm (that gave us permission), opening up oil barrels and looking in. Yes, my knees and hands were shaking like crazy. Despite the numbers of people out searching, the area was so vast we might as well have been spitting in the ocean.

The desert is the same. I do believe Barb will eventually be found. It may be happenstance, or based on some deeper predictive modeling.
She will be found.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Just thinking "out loud". So with no other stops that has them parking roughly 10 a.m. A 2 mile hike (is that one way or round trip? I tend to think round trip.) that ends 5-1/2 hours later in a call to 911.
I have to say though if she dropped off the dog around 8 and was supposedly alone, then one would have to guess she went home and then they left. It would be quite a stretch for them to get to that Chevron in Needles around 9, but I'm assuming these are rough times. It's not that far from their house to Needles but there are a lot of stop lights on the Needles highway and a fair amount of traffic between their home and the Chevron. I'd say it would probably take 45min-1hr to get between the two.

I must be thick as a brick today. I’m not reading between the lines. Are you saying Barb’s Hong Kong ticket was one way? That certainly paints a new dimension to this. Are you certain of this? That is material.

As far as I know, @dbdb11 has said that it was a round-trip ticket to Hong Kong. I think the confusion arises because he was answering a question about the hike. Perhaps he was being metaphorical, or maybe there's some misunderstanding. JMO

I must be thick as a brick today. I’m not reading between the lines. Are you saying Barb’s Hong Kong ticket was one way? That certainly paints a new dimension to this. Are you certain of this? That is material.

He is saying that there was only ONE ROUNDTRIP (not one way and I dont see how you can wonder from this sentence) to Hong Kong...in other words RT was NOT going, only Barbara...roundtrip

@dbdb11 did the clerk at the gas station say if Rob exhibited signs of disability or limited range of motion when he was in the store?

Did he leave by the same circuitous route that he took approaching the store? When he did approach the store, did he exhibit any signs of impairment?

Did Barb own a firearm? Did she have any experience using one?

TIA

Would people in RVs take ice on a trip routinely? Cold drinks in the fridge of course. Ice seems odd. But again, I'm in the uk and wouldn't routinely have it at home even. It's 31 degrees here today, not quite the desert tho

You can only stay 90 days in Hong Kong without a special Visa. She could could not have been expecting to relocate there.

DB did RT ever accompany Barbara on her trips to Hong Kong?
no.
I have to say though if she dropped off the dog around 8 and was supposedly alone, then one would have to guess she went home and then they left. It would be quite a stretch for them to get to that Chevron in Needles around 9, but I'm assuming these are rough times. It's not that far from their house to Needles but there are a lot of stop lights on the Needles highway and a fair amount of traffic between their home and the Chevron. I'd say it would probably take 45min-1hr to get between the two.
No reason for us to think she was alone. She was the only one who entered the kennel, just like RT was the only one to enter the Chevron.
I am saying Barb never returned from their 2 mile round trip stroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413