CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fact according to the last person who saw her. She was there, then went around a corner and vanished.

''His wife wandered off into the middle of the desert of her own free will.''
''She was there, then went around a corner and vanished.''

Respectfully these two statements don't seem to imply the same.
(not arguing with you)

BBM

Re. the bolded : Respectfully--- we don't know that for certain.

No one here at WS has placed RT 'under the microscope'.
He's done that fairly well all by his lonesome.

From the first interviews and the fact that he called himself the 'prime suspect', to his failing the poly (in and of itself proof of nothing suspicious, innocent people also fail polys) ; questions have arisen that refuse to be quelled.
Nothing substantive that points to wrongdoing.

But since we're allowed to discuss what's public information ... and there hasn't been an overabundance of that, either.
Imo.

Sorry if this comes across as a gloom cookie... but after all of this time, it's not looking like someone has her in captivity. :(
Gloom cookie, I'm stealing that, lol!

Thank you mods and admins for keeping Barbara in the headlines here, when not many seem to care!

I have been in contact with a media person who first wrote about her, and to me it appears with these new writers, unless news comes to them (via social media) there are no news.

They don't dig. They don't care to find out what actually happened. (jmo.)

In Barbara's case it's unfortunate another lady was lost but soon found around the same time ( I mean great for her and her family) but reading around SM and seeing comments about Barbara, the general population appear to have mixed them up.

Media will see the clicks and the comments and post updates according to interest. imo, there is no public interest her because they believe she has been found already.

There need to be POSTERS put up in both the area where she was last seen and the area she was lost. There need to be constant phone calls and contact by family members or friends asking for updates and progression, and daily sharing of posts on SM about her being missing.

I have seen NOTHING on social media (FB) except for the group, that is closed, and has turned into a joke since the admin left.

Who is actually DOING something for Barbara? It's all fine to sit here and discuss, but who has contacted media, put up posters, shared her picture, done anything that will actually help find her?

WS is doing a great job in bringing attention to her, but what can YOU do?
Here is the contact information we've gathered for use in reaching out to the news media. We need all the help we can get and would very much appreciate your assistance. :)
MEDIA CONTACTS

THOSE WHO HAVE REPORTED ON BARBARA

Today’s News-Herald, Havasu News: Email editor@havasunews.com
ABC 7, Los Angeles: Email pr@abc7.com, Press Releases Submit Press Releases
NBC 4, Los Angeles: Email tips@nbcla.com, Jonathan Lloyd Twitter Jonathan Gonzalez (@JonathanNBCLA) | Twitter
Los Angeles Times: Email tips@latimes.com, Email alexa.diaz@latimes.com, Everyone :) Newsroom Directory
KTLA 5: Email ktla@ktla.com, Cindy Von Quednow on Twitter Cindy Von Quednow (@Vonquizu) | Twitter
AZ Central: newstips@arizonarepublic.com
ABC 13, KTNV Las Vegas Email 13investigates@ktnv.com, Leah Pezzetti on Twitter Leah Pezzetti (@leahpezzetti) | Twitter
Mohave Daily News: Email bmcmillen@mohavedailynews.com, Breaking News breakingnews@mohavedailynews.com, needlesdesertstar@nwppub.com
San Bernardino Sun: Email jkeating@scng.com
Fox News: Email americasnewsroom@foxnews.com, Travis Fedschum on Twitter Travis Fedschun (@travfed) | Twitter
NTD News: Email Zack Stieber on Twitter Zachary Stieber (@ZackStieber) | Twitter
Inside Edition: Email tips@insideedition.com
People: Email editor@people.com, Joelle Goldstein on Twitter Joelle Goldstein (@joelleg0ldstein) | Twitter
Zach News: Email news.zachnews@gmail.com, Facebook ZachNews
Victorville Daily Press: Email RDeLaCruz@VVDailyPress.com
WLFI 18, Indiana: Email Jordan.Burrows@wlfi.com
Daily Miner: News Tips Contact us / News Tips | Kingman Daily Miner | Kingman, AZ
SOME WHO HAVE NOT YET REPORTED ON BARBARA

The Bee: Email info@thebee.news, Website The Bee -Home - The Bee -The buzz in Bullhead City - Lake Havasu City - Kingman - Arizona - California - Nevada

Las Vegas Review Journal: jgerman@reviewjournal.com, Website Jeff German

Heavy.com: jessica.mcbride@heavy.com
These are some story ideas for use when contacting the above.
PommyMommy said:
Story ideas for MSM
1. Can you please request and publish audio of the 911 call? For example:
Video: 911 call released in case of missing Illinois boy

If you can't release the audio, would you consider publishing a transcript? For example:
EXCLUSIVE: Officials release 911 call in Casey Hathaway disappearance

The 911 call for reference:
Dispatch Call Log – San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department (filter to River Station)
7/12/2019 3:26:24 PM CR CR191930018 CRR1900230 MISPER NAT 936** HIDDEN HILLS RD, KEL

2. Can you provide clarification from SBCSO as to why Nixle says “Barbara and her husband Robert were hiking in the Mohave desert approximately 20 miles north of the I-40 freeway east of Kelbaker Rd." when the command center was set up at Kelbaker/Hidden Hill Rd approx. 6.3 miles from I-40?
July 22nd - The investigation continues into the whereabouts of missing person Barbara Thomas from SBSD - Colorado River Sheriffs Department : Nixle

3. Have there been any search warrants obtained and executed related to Barbara’s disappearance and if so, will you publish those? For Example:
Police Execute Search Warrant at Home of Missing Mom's Estranged Husband: Source

4. When was the photo of Barbara in the bikini top, hat, and sunglasses taken? In the photo, she appears to have on what her husband described as what she was wearing when she was last seen. But, was that specific photo taken the day she disappeared or during another trip to the desert? Could this be the last known picture of Barbara Thomas?

See image 2 of 2 from the initial Nixle report:
The search for 69-year-old Barbara Thomas is continuing In the area of Kelbaker/ Hidden Hills near ... from SBSD - Colorado River Sheriffs Department : Nixle

5. It has been widely reported that Barbara disappeared in a matter of minutes after her husband stopped to take a photo of a rock formation. Can you report on whether or not Barbara was seen in any of the photos that were taken in the desert on July 12? Is there any evidence at all that Barbara was indeed, in the desert that day?

6. If Robert and Barbara left their home sometime around 8 a.m., it’s a 1.5-hour drive to Kelbaker/Hidden Hill Rd, and they went for a 2-hour walk, what happened in the remaining hours? Not one news agency has put together a timeline. Can you do that? For example:
Timeline In the Case of Missing WI Teenager Jayme Closs - KVRR Local News

7. Can you reach out to Robert and Barbara’s neighbors? If they have surveillance footage, can you obtain and publish a still photo? For example:
This is the last known photo of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis

8. Can you interview one of the SAR team members? Did the search dogs hit on anything? West Valley SAR on Twitter

9. Can you interview a PI and get his/her thoughts? A former law enforcement officer, perhaps? For example:
Private investigator explains what he thinks happened to Mackenzie Lueck

10. Can you report on what the dispatch log entries below were about? (Filter to Colorado River Station)

Dispatch Call Log – San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department
7/26/2019 4:55:53 AM CR CR192070002 FU KELBAKER RD/HIDDEN HILLS RD, KEL
7/27/2019 10:34:59 PM CR CR192080031 INFO NAT I 40 EXIT 100 OFRP W/ESSEX RD, ESX

11. Can you get answers from a detective or PIO with the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Office to any of these questions?
  • Do they still believe there is no foul play involved in Barbara’s disappearance?
  • Have any new, unannounced searches of areas other than the original search area been carried out?
  • Can they confirm Robert's statement to Inside Edition that he showed deception on a polygraph? Husband of Woman Who Vanished During Mojave Desert Hike: 'I Just Want Her Back'
  • Can they confirm that they found evidence of Barbara actually having been at that search location on the day she disappeared?
  • Can they confirm when and where the last independent sighting of Barbara took place that day, i.e., someone other than her husband?
  • Can they confirm whether or not they've spoken with staff at the dog kennel who were working the morning Barbara was last seen?
  • Can you ask them to clarify just how long it took for Robert to take a photo of the rock formation?
12. How about finding out if Oasis gas station I-40, Exit 107 has any video of the truck and 5th wheel passing by on I-40 (even if they didn't stop there). For instance, if video shows Robert going past say 1:30 pm, then where was he for all those hours since leaving home? Or, if they have video showing Robert's vehicles going back and forth on the I-40. Do their cameras cover I-40?

13. Can Robert’s lawyer explain what they are doing to search for Barbara’s alleged abductors?

Does Robert’s lawyer feel it would be a good idea to post a REWARD for information about Barbara?

Was Barbara’s son, Matt, recently or ever receiving money from Barbara?

See Matt’s interview and the statement made by Robert’s lawyer here:
Lafayette man's mother still missing after hiking in the Mojave Desert with husband

Just for the record, lots of people with 5th wheels take their pets. It's one of the reasons people get 5th wheels. In California, a person can ride in the 5th wheel with the pet, if they wish (I linked to the DMV's booklet above). No other kind of trailer, though. You can see the A/C unit on top of their Cougar in some of the pictures. So, if it were me, I"d have taken my dog and taking the dog would have been the reason I wanted a 5th wheel. It has one built-in generator that powers the A/C when not traveling.

That being said, someone who doesn't trust technology wouldn't necessarily go for this. It was their first time. What if the A/C didn't work? Well, then, you wouldn't go hiking (would be one solution). What if one person insisted that walking in the Mojave was absolutely essential to trip enjoyment? Then I would have stayed in the RV with the dog and let them go. My partner would not insist I go hiking, but I guess some would insist.

Anyway, Lexi goes to the kennel. I would be absolutely heartbroken if I had to leave our dogs behind on a camping trip (and then be away from them while I traveled abroad).

This was a 5 day camping trip, not a day trip. IIRC.

Anyway, Lexi goes to the kennel. I would be absolutely heartbroken if I had to leave our dogs behind on a camping trip (and then be away from them while I traveled abroad).
Snipped for focus and commentary response.
Perhaps RT didn't want to run the risk of leaving the dog in the RV and come back to scratched or chewed seats, or doggie poop/piddle. A lot of people don't want to sleep anywhere near where a dog has been going to the bathroom; even if done on paper, etc. If it's a brand new RV who can blame him? This could be what Barb looked agitated about; having to leave the Pup behind. I wouldn't have liked it either, but I don't blame RT. He probably didn't want his spiffy new RV turned in to a kennel.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Just for the record, lots of people with 5th wheels take their pets. It's one of the reasons people get 5th wheels. In California, a person can ride in the 5th wheel with the pet, if they wish (I linked to the DMV's booklet above). No other kind of trailer, though. You can see the A/C unit on top of their Cougar in some of the pictures. So, if it were me, I"d have taken my dog and taking the dog would have been the reason I wanted a 5th wheel. It has one built-in generator that powers the A/C when not traveling.

That being said, someone who doesn't trust technology wouldn't necessarily go for this. It was their first time. What if the A/C didn't work? Well, then, you wouldn't go hiking (would be one solution). What if one person insisted that walking in the Mojave was absolutely essential to trip enjoyment? Then I would have stayed in the RV with the dog and let them go. My partner would not insist I go hiking, but I guess some would insist.

Where did the 5 days come from? I understood it was just for the weekend. MOO

Woman Goes Missing Without Supplies in Mojave Desert Amid High Temperatures
Thomas’ husband told KTNV that they took their trailer to the desert for the weekend.

There's no way I would take my dog on a trip like that - not in that blistering heat. Way, way too hot to take a dog out walking with you. (Too hot for me too, but that's beside the point.)
What would be the point of going if you had to stay in the RV all the time?

There's no way I would take my dog on a trip like that - not in that blistering heat. Way, way too hot to take a dog out walking with you. (Too hot for me too, but that's beside the point.)
What would be the point of going if you had to stay in the RV all the time?

This was my first thought when it was mentioned the dog was boarded that day.

You are also running the risk of AC possibly shutting down in a unattended RV. Not even sure if it’s legal to leave it running like that parked where it was?

Where did the 5 days come from? I understood it was just for the weekend. MOO

Woman Goes Missing Without Supplies in Mojave Desert Amid High Temperatures
Thomas’ husband told KTNV that they took their trailer to the desert for the weekend.

I think it was (perhaps) the kennel people. But now that I think about it, I'm not sure.

The reason I think that is that I too started out thinking it was just the weekend. Then something made me go to noting "5 days." I didn't capture why, but I think it was VI's convo with the kennel people. But don't quote me - I'll go check. I have some other facts I need to check. Like which night RT appeared on Inside Edition, which has at least a 7-8 hour lead time for anything that goes on air. Probably longer.

I want to pin down a window for the polygraph. Any help would be great.

I think it was (perhaps) the kennel people. But now that I think about it, I'm not sure.

The reason I think that is that I too started out thinking it was just the weekend. Then something made me go to noting "5 days." I didn't capture why, but I think it was VI's convo with the kennel people. But don't quote me - I'll go check. I have some other facts I need to check. Like which night RT appeared on Inside Edition, which has at least a 7-8 hour lead time for anything that goes on air. Probably longer.

I can tell you that the Inside Edition piece was posted at 12:57 PM PDT, July 17, 2019. :) I'll look for the kennel info as well. MOO

Husband of Woman Who Vanished During Mojave Desert Hike: 'I Just Want Her Back'

dbdb11's post regarding the five days: (BBM)
nobody i spoke to said five days. i have never heard five days. her flight was scheduled to arrive in hk on july 23.

the kennel confirmed nobody else had made contact to ask questions regarding Barbara Thomas. until LE say something of consequence, Websleuths is leading the investigation.

my own opinion.

Besides this public forum there are upwards of forty damned fine sleuths communicating with me, and helping to find Barbara.

my own opinion.

Waiting and hoping someone who knew or worked with Robbie can chime in to offer insight...

also if anyone in the area can share the numbers/contact info for gas stations in the area, especially one with a circle k in it, id like to send them posters and flyers and photos they can tape up.

I reached out to one last night and they hadn't even heard of Barbara Thomas! But now they know and they were very friendly and helpful.

This may have been mentioned because I haven’t caught up... the Parking across from the store isn’t odd to me, but her staying in the truck is. If it were me, I’d be running in to use a restroom while stopped. Then again, perhaps the side of the road is cleaner than the gas station. MOO

This may have been mentioned because I haven’t caught up... the Parking across from the store isn’t odd to me, but her staying in the truck is. If it were me, I’d be running in to use a restroom while stopped. Then again, perhaps the side of the road is cleaner than the gas station. MOO
I don't suppose she needed to. They wouldn't have been travelling very long at that point.

I think at one point another poster thought that it was five days as well, and the VI said that Barbara had said they were going away for a "few" days so I'm not sure we know exactly how long they planned to be away. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xhononibb