CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A photo certainly does that, but saying “this is the last known photo,” does something even more.

That’s why those stupid clickbait articles are so effective.

I saw one the other day: “Ominous last photos before tragedy struck.”

It grabs us for some reason.

The media does the same thing.

Perhaps that's the last thing LE wants. Tips from people reading click bait articles. There were enough click bait articles when the headline was woman in bikini abducted. LE probably has a pretty good idea what happened (either lost hiker or something nefarious) and more tips from the public is counter productive.

Perhaps that's the last thing LE wants. Tips from people reading click bait articles. There were enough click bait articles when the headline was woman in bikini abducted. LE probably has a pretty good idea what happened (either lost hiker or something nefarious) and more tips from the public is counter productive.

I think that’s precisely why they are being so quiet.

They either believe she is actually lost, or they know that the answer lies elsewhere (cell phone location data etc).

But releasing a “last known photo,” and not calling it that, simply does not fit into the standard pattern.

They either believe she is actually lost, or they know that the answer lies elsewhere (cell phone location data etc).

But releasing a “last known photo,” and not calling it that, simply does not fit into the standard pattern.
I think the standard pattern is to release photos on missing posters with no context at all. Why does a standard pattern matter anyway. LE is doing what they think they need to do to solve individual cases - not standard pattern cases.

Even you admit you think they know what's happened so it is pointless to give context... maybe LE thinks that too?

I think the standard pattern is to release photos on missing posters with no context at all. Why does a standard pattern matter anyway. LE is doing what they think they need to do to solve individual cases - not standard pattern cases.

Even you admit you think they know what's happened so it is pointless to give context... maybe LE thinks that too?

Because that “standard pattern,” not being followed, may be a sign that law enforcement doesn’t know precisely when it was taken.

If that’s the case, then a polygraph being administered makes more sense.

Because that “standard pattern,” not being followed, may be a sign that law enforcement doesn’t know precisely when it was taken.

If that’s the case, then a polygraph being administered makes more sense.
Yes, and according to RT, it showed deception IIRC - the link to both his televised interviews is in the media thread.

Yes, and according to RT, it showed deception IIRC - the link to both his televised interviews is in the media thread.
Exactly. If there was photographic evidence that proved Barb was there just prior to her disappearance, then this is a pretty clear cut case of someone getting lost.

If there isn’t, then a crime may have been committed. If a crime may have been committed, then a polygraph might move the needle from lost, to foul play.

It may also tell law enforcement who they should be looking closely at.

They don’t just polygraph people for the hell of it.

My guess would be that most people are killed by someone known to them.
Hoping LE will post an update this week.
Or the VI will chime in.
Something.
If Barbara's gone, the chances of determining a cod will be slim.
A bash to the skull would show or strangulation (hyoid bone broken ?) , but smothering would not. Imo.
Sorry to be cold and gross here, but I’m expecting an execution-style gunshot wound to the back of the head, as might be administered by an abductor when disposing of a victim.

I don’t think she was kidnapped.

BBM:

Okay, twist my arm. I'll go ahead and say it:

LE doesn't believe she's lost.

Per our VI, when he contacted the store where RT purchased ice that morning, the store attendant told him that LE already had the surveillance video.

If LE believed BT was actually lost, they would not have gone back to the store where RT bought ice hours earlier and many, many miles away from where he reported she went missing.

Not only did LE track movements back to that store and ask to review footage.
It was reported to our VI that LE has the footage, which means they took it with them.

When LE takes possession of things like video footage, that's called evidence gathering.

LE's not gathering evidence at that store so they can prove that BT got lost hours later and miles and miles and miles away.

Stating the obvious: That ain't why LE is interested in that video.
That store video does nothing whatsoever to help prove that BT got lost hours later and miles and miles and miles away.

LE signaled their investigation has turned in a different direction.

I think they mean that both figuratively AND literally.

JMO.

Last edited:
BBM:

Per our VI, when he contacted the store where RT purchased ice that morning, the cashier told him that LE already had the video.
If LE believed BT was actually lost, they would not have gone back to the store where RT bought ice hours earlier and many, many miles away from where he reported she went missing.

It was reported to our VI that LE has the footage, which means they took it with them.

When LE takes possession of things like video footage, that's called evidence gathering.

LE's not gathering evidence at that store so they can prove that BT got lost hours later and miles and miles and miles away.

That store video does nothing whatsoever to help prove that BT got lost hours later and miles and miles and miles away.

JMO.

Ha! I either missed or forgot about this.

That’s huge if true, and I have no reason not to believe that it is.

Ha! I either missed or forgot about this.

That’s huge if true, and I have no reason not to believe that it is.
I also believe it to be true.

What I infer from that piece of information is that LE is, in fact, many steps ahead of where some believe them to be in their investigation.

They're not sitting on their hands here.

The fact that they aren't showing their hand to the public doesn't mean they've folded.

They haven't.

JMO.

BBM:

Per our VI, when he contacted the store where RT purchased ice that morning, the cashier told him that LE already had the video.

JMO.

I've also noticed they've kept quiet when Barbara's family members have expressed to news outlets they're quite a bit suspicious of this disappearance. *crickets*

I'm really concerned that it's been more than 2 months since Barbara disappeared, and there is no sign of her or any indication of what happened to her.

I don't know what to make of the silence from LE on her disappearance, unless they know where she might have gone based on forensic evidence such as cell phone and/or GPS data from their truck/RV, video footage, etc., and it's taking awhile to confirm where she was when she was last known to be alive before they re-initiate a search for her.

If LE has been able to develop a timeline for approximately when she was last known to be alive, that might also tell them where she was, and could lead to new searches for her.

MOO

Where are you Barbara?

Everyone is thinking of you!!

Did the VI post when was the last time/where BT and RT went on a similar desert hike?

Did BT wear the same 'outfit' (red/white cap, black bikini and "beer") on the previous desert hike(s)?

Were photos taken of BT on the previous hike(s) while she was wearing the same 'outfit'?

I expect these questions are among the top ten LE has regarding this case.

Let me hear it.
Might be the same as mine, as a DEVOTED dog owner.
I’m a devoted dog owner too. BT was as far as we know. They weren’t staying in a hotel that didn’t allow dogs, they were camping. It makes NO sense for BT to not bring her beloved pet.
Unless, it was not her decision. If someone else going on the holiday thought BT’s loyal friend would get in the way. o_O
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member