Found Deceased CA - Beau Mann, 39, Tech CEO, texted “911” after leaving store, Studio City, 30 Nov 2021 *found deceased 2023*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Devastating— why did it take so long to find him?

I wonder what deferred means??! I also wonder "ready for release". Does that mean his autopsy is complete? I hope his family and Jason find answers!

I really hope they release more information now; especially what was with the 911 call!

Devastating— why did it take so long to find him?

What does “Place of death: Yard” mean? Does this mean he was just found in a yard, or his own yard? Or does this mean something else?

If he was actually in his own yard, that is truly awful that it took so long to find him. :(

His aunt posted to their Find Beau Mann FB page; I copied and pasted the statement but you can search for the page.

“This is a very hard time for all of us. As Beau's aunt, I wanted to send this statement from the family:
We were notified by the Santa Monica, California police this weekend that Beau’s remains were found in a grassy area about a mile from where an Uber dropped him off on November 30, 2021. His identity was confirmed through dental records. At this point, we have no further details on what led to his death.
We want to thank all of those who helped us search for him and who prayed for Beau’s safe return over the past year and a half. Beau was a beautiful soul who spent the better part of his life helping others. We miss his infectious smile and positive attitude every day. We know his spirit will live on through his company and passion, Sober Grid, as it continues to help those struggling with the grip of addiction.”

His aunt posted to their Find Beau Mann FB page; I copied and pasted the statement but you can search for the page.

“This is a very hard time for all of us. As Beau's aunt, I wanted to send this statement from the family:
We were notified by the Santa Monica, California police this weekend that Beau’s remains were found in a grassy area about a mile from where an Uber dropped him off on November 30, 2021. His identity was confirmed through dental records. At this point, we have no further details on what led to his death.
We want to thank all of those who helped us search for him and who prayed for Beau’s safe return over the past year and a half. Beau was a beautiful soul who spent the better part of his life helping others. We miss his infectious smile and positive attitude every day. We know his spirit will live on through his company and passion, Sober Grid, as it continues to help those struggling with the grip of addiction.”

Very sad. 1.5 years to find a body a mile from where the Uber dropped him off??? I hope a COD can be determined (or, if they''ll even attempt). I too think LE never took this all that seriously.

I would be quite interested to see what the location looked like around his body.. Were there roads in front of the yard? I have so many questions. How long has his body/remains been there? Why did no one see the body when he went missing, if they were driving past that 'yard'? What was his cause of death? Who was searching for him when he initially went missing, and where was this location in relation to the search grid? I would assume if Uber GPS showed it did drop him off at home, they would have been searching around his home and neighborhood? SO many questions, all just MOO.

For a frame of reference, this blue circle is a 1 mile radius from where he was dropped off. Zoom and and look how populated this area is. How did it take 1.5 years to find him?

ETA- The file was too large so I had to use a lower resolution so it's not as easy to see without downloading and zooming in. Sorry

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 42
For a frame of reference, this blue circle is a 1 mile radius from where he was dropped off. Zoom and and look how populated this area is. How did it take 1.5 years to find him?

ETA- The file was too large so I had to use a lower resolution so it's not as easy to see without downloading and zooming in. Sorry

Thanks for the visual! Agree with your comment, especially if he was found in someone’s yard, which the one report indicates. The article and family post refer to a grassy area of which there are multiple grassy areas in the map you posted.

Thanks for the visual! Agree with your comment, especially if he was found in someone’s yard, which the one report indicates. The article and family post refer to a grassy area of which there are multiple grassy areas in the map you posted.

Some but not much. Seems pretty densely populated. At the top is a golf course/country club. Curious if the family will get answers to their questions.

I immediately assumed a park or something along those lines when hearing about the "grassy area"; however, there are some areas of undeveloped land 'round there - either because the landowners don't wish to develop for some reason, or some of the land is just impossible to develop on. The latter generally becomes 'beautification' areas, just to make the area more appealing to residents, or remained unmaintained.
Those areas, while the streets nearby may be heavily trafficked, are themselves largely not trafficked and something can remain unnoticed for quite some time.

I wonder what deferred means??! I also wonder "ready for release". Does that mean his autopsy is complete? I hope his family and Jason find answers!

I really hope they release more information now; especially what was with the 911 call!
Deferred (or "interim") simply means that they need to do more extensive testing, but allows the family to make funeral arrangements. They can amend it later.

source: Los Angeles County Medical Examiner-Coroner

Hopefully somebody with a tad more patience than I can sift through these and perhaps a call relating to the location of the found deceased.

Santa Monica PD's Call Log
unfortunately, if I am reading it correctly, he was found on 4/25, but the earliest call log available is 4/28. Are they archived somewhere?

I wonder if he was found on public or private land?

If it was public, you think it would/could be used for recreation... jogging, dog walking, etc. and without being too graphic, there would have been a certain smell. Especially in the Californian heat. You think someone may have noticed.

Beau's home was only about 1.4 miles from where he was dropped off. There is a small grassy area of what looks like undeveloped land around 1169 McClellan Drive in the 1 mile radius of the drop off point. There's also a golf course. Other than that, Santa Monica and that whole area does not seem to have much undeveloped space or backyard/grassy areas.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Giles
Back