Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe the friend's story for a second. It sounds like something a kid who is panicking "after the fact" would concoct. Hope his phone pings lead to the discovery of Blaze.

"9:30 pm - Blaze sent text message to driver friend with family house address."

Why would he have to send a friend the family house address? If the driver was a friend, wouldn't he know where Blaze lives??

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

If it was a hookup could it have been with the driver friend? Blaze had to text him his parents address. If he was a good friend wouldn't he know it already?

:yeahthat:

Wonder if the 'driver' has a Grinder account???

:thinking:

"9:30 pm - Blaze sent text message to driver friend with family house address."

Why would he have to send a friend the family house address? If the driver was a friend, wouldn't he know where Blaze lives??

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

New friend?

Was his high school friend involved w him at any point as a love interest? I am hopeful he walked away from a life he didn't want. Maybe he missed living in CA.

The friend told investigators that he went to a restroom at the park and when he came out, Bernstein had walked off, Braun said. “We do not believe foul play was involved at this point, and the friend is only a witness, not a suspect or person of concern.”

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-oc-missing-student-20180106-story.html

“Blaze left the house around 10:30 p.m. or so, but exactly why he left is a big mystery,” he said, adding that “we didn’t know the person he met up with.

Before leaving home, Bernstein had been in lengthy communication with his friend using social media apps that do not leave a permanent record, authorities said. He was last seen in the park about 11:30 p.m. Tuesday.

“There are so many unknowns to deal with,” Annee Della Donna, a friend of the family, said. “We’re talking about a brilliant kid who goes to a small park five minutes from home, then disappears.”

His parents say a friend picked him up after 11 p.m. and they drove to nearby Borrego Park. CBS Los Angeles writes that his friend said he stayed in the park while Bernstein went into the Whiting Ranch Wilderness Area.

Bernstein's parents say the friend told them he didn't know why Bernstein wanted to go there. They didn't even know he had gone out until the next day when they couldn't find him.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/blaze-bernstein-missing-college-student-foothill-ranch-california/

Around 10:30 p.m., they said, Bernstein texted his address to a friend, who came to the home and picked him up.

They drove to Borrego Park together, where they were going to meet up with another friend. While the first friend waited near a restroom, Bernstein walked toward the park to meet the other friend.

About an hour later, he sent a final text to a female friend, and then his phone apparently stopped working. The friend who picked him up said he never returned, and he left.

http://ktla.com/2018/01/05/universi...g-after-going-to-meet-up-with-friend-at-park/

The last person that was with him is most likely responsible for his disappearance. Person unknown by family. If my friend walked away into the woods and never returned I would have immediately reported it.

The last person that was with him is most likely responsible for his disappearance. Person unknown by family. If my friend walked away into the woods and never returned I would have immediately reported it.
Exactly

I hear ya. I mean seriously this could have been something that happened between driver friend #1 and Blaze perhaps the driver made the whole story up about meeting a third friend to cover up his bad deeds. Maybe there was never a third friend to meet.

A poster here made a good point why would Blaze call a friend to drive him to a park 5 min away to meet someone and then show up an hour later to drop him off at the park. Blaze could have easily walked the 10 min walk. I have a sneaky suspicion something happened between him and this friend #1 and perhaps he was the one who made the text at 11:30 from BB phone.

How many times have perps said they let the person out of the car and someone else must have done something to the victim after dropped off. Yep many times.

Something is not jiving with me. Perhaps this driver HS friend saw Blaze as a love interest or whatever so they went to the park to talk and it went south.

Oh and the reason I don't think LE or family has said drivers name is he is a #1 suspect right now and under surveillance by undercover. I bet he is going through some real hard interrogation until he breaks and tells what really happened.

Authorities state in media reports that the driver is not a person of interest, not under suspicion, nor a suspect. The father has also said the driver friend has been cooperative. IMO the reason his name has not been made public is because he knows the reason why BB meet up with that third person, and the family doesn't want this reason made pubic, and once the name gets out, media would be all over him.

His parents say a friend picked him up after 11 p.m. and they drove to nearby Borrego Park. CBS Los Angeles writes that his friend said he stayed in the park while Bernstein went into the Whiting Ranch Wilderness Area.

Bernstein's parents say the friend told them he didn't know why Bernstein wanted to go there. They didn't even know he had gone out until the next day when they couldn't find him.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/blaze-bernstein-missing-college-student-foothill-ranch-california/

BBM.

I call 100% B.S.

IMO.

I keep returning to this quote:
Annee Della Donna, an attorney and friend of the family, discussed the timeline since Blaze's mysterious disappearance.

"At 9:30 p.m., he sent a text message with his family's Lake Forest address for a high school buddy to pick him up and take him to the park to meet the third person," she said. "The park is five minutes away and they got there about 10:30 p.m. Bernstein went off alone into the park while his friend waited back in the car."

Source:
https://patch.com/california/lakeforest-ca/missing-lake-forest-have-you-seen-blaze-bernstein

Della Donna's use of the phrase "high school buddy" could be significant or it could reveal that she's clueless -- not sure at this point.

I'd wager that the first time the data from the "high school buddy" car/mobile will show the first trip to the park was the 4am trip.

Is the family's house huge or are the occupants deaf? No one hears a car stopped in the driveway/ out front or hears Blaze sneaking out?

Has anyone confirmed that the medication he takes daily is for bipolar disorder?

Authorities state in media reports that the driver is not a person of interest, not under suspicion, nor a suspect. The father has also said the driver friend has been cooperative. IMO the reason his name has not been made public is because he knows the reason why BB meet up with that third person, and the family doesn't want this reason made pubic, and once the name gets out, media would be all over him.

Neither was Scott Peterson at this point in that investigation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab