Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is interesting to me is that they already lawyered up, right from the beginning. Why?

Yes, I know the lawyer in on the father's FB, but it just seemed odd to me that she's making statements for the family right from the get go.

Jmo she’s just a friend.

I suspect in a few days this friend will give up the location where he put Blaze. We still don't know who identity of the burned body dumped in LA. The body was burned beyond recognition day after Blaze went missing.

Wasn't that body burned inside the trunk of a car? I wonder if anyone local has had a car stolen recently.

But if you couldn't get a hold of him, wouldn't you at least call the parents house or visit their home, to make sure he's ok?

Yes, you're right, we did silly things at 19, but we never left a friend alone in a dark park. Sorry but that doesn't wash with me. If my friend didn't come out, and they were supposed to by a certain time, and they didn't answer my texts, I would have either called his parents house to see if he got home or the cops.
Agreed. Absolutely. Unless I/we were up to something I/we didn't want anyone to know about -- and that "something" would have to be pretty damn heavy to outweigh the urgency of locating a missing friend.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

His mom Jeanne recalls a recent conversation with her oldest son, asking him to turn on the location services on his phone. Because he was in school so far away, she wanted a way that she could always find him. The feature however was turned off. The phone is dead, according to the Bernstein’s lawyer.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/01/05/missing-student-from-foothill-ranch/

Yet it was reported he was using a borrowed phone for the past week, just call me confused.

Cell phones can always dial 911 even without service. So either BB didn't/couldn't call 911 or found himself in a place where he couldn't get any service.

Yet it was reported he was using a borrowed phone for the past week, just call me confused.

I know, seriously! Which phone had the GPS turned off- the relative he borrowed from, or his own?

What is interesting to me is that they already lawyered up, right from the beginning. Why?

Yes, I know the lawyer in on the father's FB, but it just seemed odd to me that she's making statements for the family right from the get go.
I don't know. It seems understandably precautionary to me. Look at the environment of the platform they're relying on -- FB. They're sheep among wolves. I'd want to make sure I had a lawyer/lawyers ready to protect my child and my family if things got out of hand, especially when social media is involved. JMO.

While the family's address has not been publicly reported [which is odd], I will not post it here.
Using information that has been publicly reported, it is easy to find the address.

I'd encourage folks to view that location on Google Maps streetview because it will show that:
- The family does not live on a large estate,
- The homes are very close to each other
- The driveways are barely long enough for one car to park.

I mention this only to say that if someone is driving up to the house, you or your neighbors would very likely take notice.

While the family's address has not been publicly reported [which is odd], I will not post it here.
Using information that has been publicly reported, it is easy to find the address.

I'd encourage folks to view that location on Google Maps streetview because it will show that:
- The family does not live on a large estate,
- The homes are very close to each other
- The driveways are barely long enough for one car to park.

I mention this only to say that if someone is driving up to the house, you or your neighbors would very likely take notice.

Maybe he snuck out and met someone at the end of the street?

I know back when I was 19 and in college, if I'd left my home that late at night for any reason my parents would have been like, "huh? where the heck are you going?" If I were wanting to avoid that line of questioning, I'd have snuck out.

Yup, a newer Chevrolet model was the car burned in Angeles National Forest- someone reported the fire at 5:43 am.

Friend allegedly returned to Borrego park at 4 am. hhhmmmmm

less than 85 miles or 1hr 25 mins drive to the park from the burning car & body...

Yup, a newer Chevrolet model was the car burned in Angeles National Forest- someone reported the fire at 5:43 am.

Friend allegedly returned to Borrego park at 4 am. hhhmmmmm

Just to put things in perspective, this is a map which shows the distance between where the body in the car was found and the park near the Bernstein home:
screenshot-www.google.com-2018-01-07-13-52-15-392.jpg

It's 80+ miles away.

less that 85 miles or 1hr 25 mins drive to the park from the burning car & body...
I don't remember who the OP was, but when the story first aired, a WS'er commented on the distance and possible time elapse. IIRC, the poster said something like, 2 hrs to get there, 1 hr to do whatever, 2 hrs back. Doing the math, it certainly fits. Circumstantial, of course.

Good point about what you'd take if you just were stepping outside as opposed to what you'd take if you planned to be gone awhile.

I usually don't take much of anything. No phone, purse, money, and if my glasses are off when I go outside, I don't take them either.

What about keys? Did he leave the house unlocked when he left? Did he leave house keys behind?

What he didn't take with him says he wasn't planning on going far, or he didn't want to be identified or he worried he'd be robbed possibly.

Just to put things in perspective, this is a map which shows the distance between where the body in the car was found and the park near the Bernstein home:
View attachment 128462

It's 80+ miles away.

View attachment 128462

It's 80+ miles away.

And maybe even shorter if the driver took a less conspicuous, less circumventing route. Is this mapped for Big Tujunga Rd, mile marker 4.88? That's where the car was found.

https://www.google.com/amp/abc7.com...urned-car-in-angeles-national-forest/2867532/

Maybe he snuck out and met someone at the end of the street?

I know back when I was 19 and in college, if I'd left my home that late at night for any reason my parents would have been like, "huh? where the heck are you going?" If I were wanting to avoid that line of questioning, I'd have snuck out.

Agreed.

Per an interview Gideon Bernstein did with the LA Times
Bernstein left personal belongings, including his keys, wallet, credit cards and eyeglasses, behind when he left his parents’ home to see his friend “without saying goodbye — we didn’t even hear him leave,” his father, Gideon Bernstein, said in an interview with The Times on Saturday.

“Blaze left the house around 10:30 p.m. or so, but exactly why he left is a big mystery,” he said, adding that “we didn’t know the person he met up with.

If they didn't hear him leave, how do they know when he left the house?

I don't remember who the OP was, but when the story first aired, a WS'er commented on the distance and possible time elapse. IIRC, the poster said something like, 2 hrs to get there, 1 hr to do whatever, 2 hrs back. Doing the math, it certainly fits. Circumstantial, of course.

And that was time of night, the trip can be made faster, very little traffic.

Good point about what you'd take if you just were stepping outside as opposed to what you'd take if you planned to be gone awhile.

I usually don't take much of anything. No phone, purse, money, and if my glasses are off when I go outside, I don't take them either.

What about keys? Did he leave the house unlocked when he left? Did he leave house keys behind?

What he didn't take with him says he wasn't planning on going far, or he didn't want to be identified or he worried he'd be robbed possibly.

BBM. Or he was just going out to talk to the friend for a while. Maybe there was some air that needed to be cleared between the two of them? Were they in any kind of relationship that wasn't working out because BB was in school clear across the country?

Total speculation. IMO, just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member