Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the reason people are focusing on his sexuality is because there is a common gay app used for quick hookups. If he used that app then investigators could possibly find out who he was planning to meet with. I don't think it has anything to do with his value as a person. I think everyone is thoroughly concerned for his well-being.

As for the music list, I think it could possibly be a clue if he had playlists created based on a theme like suicide and depression. I haven't looked at his music lists but that is just my guess.
SABBM

Good points !

I want to put this drug use issue to rest. Blaze was very anti-drug and it's clear looking at his photos, at least clear to me, that he is not a drug user. Meth and X users don't generally attend Ivy League universities and attend synogogues, as Blaze did. Again, drawing on my experience as a gay man, Blaze does not fit the profile of young gay males.

Thank you, DAnthrplgst

<modsnip>
In general we try to look at everything and anything a missing person has put online about themselves. Sometimes it gives good insight into their thoughts and feelings, especially just before they went missing, and can make one scenario more likely than another. Spotify/music is just one example, facebook, twitter, instagram, LinkedIn, etc, is all interesting. Often they tell a story, give you a good feel for that person. A while ago a woman named Teleka Patrick went missing. Her (1000s of) tweets were very very interesting and iirc we had a whole thread here dedicated to understanding them. They told a sad story - that was later confirmed when she was found deceased.

Yes and sometimes we read too much into these things in our quest for clues! :)

Blaze's mom was just on Fox News 11 (LA). She said "My son met up with a friend...they came to this park...and then he just ran off and never was seen again." She seemed perfectly convinced of his "buddy's story." Ran off? That's the first I've heard run instead of walk

She also said she doesn't know what to expect when they find him and is preparing for "the worse."

Blaze's mom was just on Fox News 11 (LA). She said "My son met up with a friend...they came to this park...and then he just ran off and never was seen again." She seemed perfectly convinced of his "buddy's story." Ran off? That's the first I've heard run instead of walk

She also said she doesn't know what to expect when they find him and is preparing for "the worse."
Just saying...she may be publicly speaking contrary to what she believes, especially if it's very important to a strategy to make the guilty person feel comfortable. I tell you, I'd force myself to say/act many different ways if it would help me find my missing child.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just saying...she may be publicly speaking contrary to what she believes, especially if it's very important to a strategy to make the guilty person feel comfortable. I tell you, I'd force myself to say/act many different ways if it would help me find my missing child.

Good point and she's a great actress if so.

"ran off" as in I'm assuming in a hurry to meet the other person..
not ran off as in ran away.
But I didn't see the clip, I'll search for it.

Maybe he wanted to be a chef and not a doctor. Perhaps he felt stressed out about being pushed into a a career he didn't really want. My hope is that he just took off for a bit and is too embarrassed to go home right now.

What is interesting to me is that they already lawyered up, right from the beginning. Why?

Yes, I know the lawyer in on the father's FB, but it just seemed odd to me that she's making statements for the family right from the get go.
I have a very close friend who is a lawyer, and if I ever found myself in a situation where legal advice were needed she'd be the first one I'd ask. I wouldn't consider it lawyering up, and I'd certainly ask for her to speak on my behalf for any number of reasons.

In general we try to look at everything and anything a missing person has put online about themselves. Sometimes it gives good insight into their thoughts and feelings, especially just before they went missing, and can make one scenario more likely than another. Spotify/music is just one example, facebook, twitter, instagram, LinkedIn, etc, is all interesting. Often they tell a story, give you a good feel for that person. A while ago a woman named Teleka Patrick went missing. Her (1000s of) tweets were very very interesting and iirc we had a whole thread here dedicated to understanding them. They told a sad story - that was later confirmed when she was found deceased.

Yes and sometimes we read too much into these things in our quest for clues! :)

(O/T:

Teleka Patrick case has amateur sleuths taking lead role in public disclosures
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/01/teleka_patrick_case_has_amateu.html

"They are among amateur detectives from across the country who have delved into the Patrick case on websleuths.com, a online forum to discuss missing-person cases and brainstorm about clues to finding the victims.

Since Patrick's Dec. 5 disappearance, Websleuth members -- largely composed of true-crime-story fanatics -- have gone to work tracking Patrick's social media footprints.

In recent weeks, they've uncovered her online videos, figured out her various Twitter handles, discovered how to retrieve thousands of deleted Twitter posts,and analyzed the 20,000 Twitter posts to determine which were most relevant and important -- developments picked up and reported by the mainstream media.

Websleuthers even figured out the* alamazoo doctor's apparent obsession with Sapp days before that development was made public.

"We were ahead of everybody on this," said Tricia Griffith, co-owner of the website. "Although it's not me, it's our wonderful members. ... It's like having a gigantic worldwide research department at your fingertips."

Although Websleuths tracks dozens of missing-person cases nationwide, Griffith said the Patrick case is one of the most compelling she's seen in years."

*mote at link )

<modsnip>

I was asking DAnthrplgst why he said, Blaze "does not fit the profile of young gay males." I trust his opinion and only wanted clarification as to what he meant.

"ran off" as in I'm assuming in a hurry to meet the other person..
not ran off as in ran away.
But I didn't see the clip, I'll search for it.
In the South (US), when we say "ran off," the meaning is usually something like...

. a kid in a rush to go play - "Timmy? He ran off [to the playground]."
. a spouse leaving to pursue another relationship - "He ran off with my wife."
. maybe someone dashing away prematurely, like in the middle of a discussion or activity - "I was talking to her, and she just ran off." "We were dancing, and he just ran off."

It's mostly either a negative or a dismissing reference. Sorry if that's unclear. Maybe another Southerner could add to that.

Is that phrase used differently out west?

at the 1:05 mark in this video Mom talks about asking Blaze to turn tracking on his iPhone

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/blaze-bernstein-missing-college-student-california-foothill-ranch/

yea I caught that but it doesn't pin down the time they had the conversation.
Could it have been a phone conversation while he was at penn or the day before he left for the park?
Because they're speaking of his Iphone which I thought he left at penn.
Each description I hear of the things he left, glasses, wallet, money, there's been no mention of the Iphone.

I want to put this drug use issue to rest. Blaze was very anti-drug and it's clear looking at his photos, at least clear to me, that he is not a drug user. Meth and X users don't generally attend Ivy League universities and attend synogogues, as Blaze did. Again, drawing on my experience as a gay man, Blaze does not fit the profile of young gay males.

I wasn't referring to BB.

In the South (US), when we say "ran off," the meaning is usually something like...

. a kid in a rush to go play - "Timmy? He ran off [to the playground]."
. a spouse leaving to pursue another relationship - "He ran off with my wife."
. maybe someone dashing away prematurely, like in the middle of a discussion or activity - "I was talking to her, and she just ran off." "We were dancing, and he just ran off."

It's mostly either a negative or a dismissing reference. Sorry if that's unclear. Maybe another Southerner could add to that.

Is that phrase used differently out west?

that's was the mom's wording according to the post I was replying to.
I haven't seen her interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member