Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The article linked in post #7 reads as if the friend that drove him to the park was a "she". May mean nothing, may be a mistake in reporting. Could be a high school girlfriend that he confided in? Just speculating, moo. Where is this young man?

We discussed this before. It says "she said" because the female family lawyer is relating the story. Another article made it clear it was a male who drove him to the park.

"..still missing days after he left parents’ home to meet
FRIEND"

Who is the FRIEND he was going to meet? I guess that's the million dollar question.

Correct me if I am wrong, but they have never mentioned who this friend is or if they hooked up to talk or whatever in the park.

Did the person show up at all, and if not, wouldn't they become a person of interest? How do they know that this was a friend of his? I read in an earlier article when this first started that this person was allegedly a mutual friend of the both of them. So, who is this person?

First big storm of the season rolling in on Monday. I hope he's found before then. Best case scenario is a friend is hiding him until he decides to come home.

Correct me if I am wrong, but they have never mentioned who this friend is or if they hooked up to talk or whatever in the park.

Did the person show up at all, and if not, wouldn't they become a person of interest? How do they know that this was a friend of his? I read in an earlier article when this first started that this person was allegedly a mutual friend of the both of them. So, who is this person?

bbm This is a good point. Why have there no appeals from LE to this person to come forward and speak to them?

There are so few reasons that teenagers would meet in person in the middle of the night. They are online with each other most of the time anyway.

There are three general reasons I can think of:
1) being physical with that person
2) getting something from that person
3) confronting that person due to extreme emotions

For the last one especially, you’d probably need a backup ride.

Also, police know exactly what happened, I think. They just don’t know where he is.

Thought you would want to know about this story from ABC7.

http://abc7.com/body-of-man-found-in-burned-car-in-angeles-national-forest/2867532/

Not that I think it's related, but this happened in the same time frame of Blaze going missing. Angeles National Forest is a ways away but in So Cal, distance means nothing with a car. FYI

My mind keeps going back to this. I pray this is not him, I pray he’s ok somewhere. But I can’t get it out of my mind, because of his name, Blaze. I’m praying, I’m praying and telling myself this is not what happened to him.

bbm This is a good point. Why have there no appeals from LE to this person to come forward and speak to them?

Quoting myself, sorry ...

Possibly because they know who that person was because car-friend knew and told them and they have spoken to them already?

<jmo> My intuition senses that if there was a third person, that person and the driver worked together to hide Blaze. My hunch is that the driver picked up Blaze, something happened, the driver (and the third person IF that person exists) took Blaze far away, then returned to the beginning point as an alibi. In any case, I have huge suspicions about the driver. </jmo>

<jmo> My intuition senses that if there was a third person, that person and the driver worked together to hide Blaze. My hunch is that the driver picked up Blaze, something happened, the driver (and the third person IF that person exists) took Blaze far away, then returned to the beginning point as an alibi. In any case, I have huge suspicions about the driver. </jmo>

I&#8217;m with you on the suspicions about the driver.

Almost the exact same scenario just went through my mind ... It's certainly possible.

I am beginning to think Blaze was set up...just doesn’t make sense to me why he texted his address to the friend picking him up than, unless that friend arranged to pick Blaze up that evening and said to text his address later.
I worry he was taken advantage of by someone he trusted...prayers he is found safe!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a bit of a map nerd, ok, let me stop lying, I'm a total map nerd. Anyway, in an effort to give all of you an idea of the terrain and the location that Blaze disappeared in I pulled up a topographic map of the area. I tried to crop it down as much as much as I could while maintaining the correct aspect ratio so as to maintain the proper distances between points. I also left the legend at the bottom of the map intact, it's pretty self-explanatory but if you need help ask away.

Borrego Park is marked with a black X and the black arrow next to the X points to the start of the Borrego Trail, which is where Blaze likely headed and he went north into the wilderness. As you look at this map the brown lines are topographic lines, the closer they are together the steeper the terrain and the further apart they are the flatter the terrain. You'll need to zoom into the map in order to really see details. You'll notice that there is A LOT of water features in the area. I don't know how deep they are right now but this map was created in 2015, so it's quite recent and up-to-date.

Anyhow, thought y'all would enjoy seeing a proper geologic/topographic map of the area. If you have questions, ask away. If you'd like a link to the full map just ask. :-)

I agree, Presley.

What kind of traffic is there from 11:00 pm - 4:00 am in the area where Blaze's parents live?

I think there needs to be some searches in all directions as If someone drove about 2 hours out, did something for 30 minutes, then drove 2 hours back.....

If Blaze walked that trail, I think the driver was with him. I hope they search for ground disturbance, not just looking as if he's lost out there.

If Blaze walked that trail, I think the driver was with him. I hope they search for ground disturbance, not just looking as if he's lost out there.

I hate to say it but with that terrain, if the driver did something to him they would have better luck tossing him into a ravine or even driving further in the park and tossing him down an embankment. If he was killed, the killer wouldn't be able to bury him out there, the terrain is basically rock.

<respectfully snipped for relevance>
Borrego Park is marked with a black X and the black arrow next to the X points to the start of the Borrego Trail, which is where Blaze likely headed and he went north into the wilderness. As you look at this map the brown lines are topographic lines, the closer they are together the steeper the terrain and the further apart they are the flatter the terrain. You'll need to zoom into the map in order to really see details. You'll notice that there is A LOT of water features in the area. I don't know how deep they are right now but this map was created in 2015, so it's quite recent and up-to-date.
Great map and awesome explanation!

Using your map, I think the areas in pink should be searched right away. Those are points possibly close enough to the trail to be accessible by car, then on foot.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0384.JPG
    IMG_0384.JPG
    253.4 KB · Views: 437
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors